It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    The idea that he's fighting some battle like a noble knight, stood against some mighty forces is laughable, and yet still he managed to effectively lop his own leg off.

Yet another example of his tactic “lloyd v the cult” - newly awakened people will always take his side due to their emotional response to the cult ….

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

So his latest approach is to blame the Croatian court system for failing to move quickly enough and, what... provide the evidence he refuses to provide? I mean, his reply is in response to being asked for examples of defamation, does he think it's the court's job to do that?

You might get the impression that his bluster is an attempt to hide the fact that neither he nor the court seems to have anything to reveal. Evans is not shy about going after people when he thinks he's got the goods, and he is adamant that he'll fight like hell to protect himself and his reputation, but when challenged directly to provide examples... he's suddenly a paragon of self-restraint? Right...

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

Lloyd Evans

• Vintage
    Vintage

It’s a simple concept.

20Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. John 3:20

• Toblerone5
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
  • Vintage
    Vintage

Again Evans uses his “but I didn’t kill any seals” justification.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

I have not kept up with this whole Lloyd thing, but have picked up a few tidbits.

1.) He admittedly had a habit of sexting people in online chatrooms and forums
    2.) He has admittedly paid for prostitutes on several occasions.

3.) He took a trip to Thailand alone and there is a photo of him sitting at a table with a woman.

Is everyone just assuming that because 1 and 2 are true he must have been in Thailand as a sex tourist? Because in the tweet above, he appears to be denying that. Has he admitted elsewhere that he was indeed in Thailand for that purpose contradicting the above denial?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Is everyone just assuming that because 1 and 2 are true he must have been in Thailand as a sex tourist?

He said he met sex workers in Thailand in his livestream. He also posted this on FB (3b):

https://www.facebook.com/100063554477683/posts/pfbid02Qdp41cnJuVr18H6k3Q9YXnFsukdVgqf4mEzfpkKwbe4QGsESg6pweBRVt6CLZmkYl

He changed tack on the Andrew Gold interview and said he was dating a sex worker. There was also this tweet:

He’s deliberately muddling the issue by playing semantics (dating, seeing, engaging with) but evidently they all mean the same thing. He denies being a “sex tourist” because that’s not the only thing he went there for per his account.

Maybe it’s just me, but if a gambling addict says they are going to Las Vegas or Monte Carlo, it’s fairly obvious what they are there for. Going to a museum on the same trip doesn’t change the reason you were there.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

I see. Yeah.

That makes this whole thing even weirder. Why did he even include the sentence "of those I met in Thailand, sex workers or otherwise?" Playing devil's advocate here...but assume he said that only to mean "I went to bars in Thailand and it's entirely possible that I said hello to someone who may have been a sex worker".

Still why would you even include that? If he had just left that comment out, all of this would have just been possibly a few people feeling it may not be right to use Patreon donations to fund a vacation. Probably very few would have cared. I know I have a few Podcasts that I donate to (completely unrelated to JW) and I don't expect or care to see an expense report from them. If the content started to be no good in relation to what I donate, i'd just stop.

LOL. I'm picturing Lloyd on the stand in a courtroom and prior to his testimony his lawyer had briefed him: "Short yes or no answers when possible. Dont perjure yourself, but also don't add additional details that don't directly apply to the question" And Lloyd just starts rambling on and on while his attorney slumps lower and lower in his chair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit