It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    She is an attractive young woman. Her pose in the photo would be a welcome sight to a boyfriend. If she knows about Lloyd Evans' decision that self-control is for dummies, then her photo is an invitation.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that first tweet above. A vulnerable person (with no one else to turn to) throws herself at his feet, and just happens to use an avatar pic of an attractive woman in a tight dress and suggestive pose. If I was Evans, that would scream "set up" to me.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Thank you, TonusOH.

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse
    You seem determined to misunderstand what I say or add some unnecessary spin to it as though I've said something I haven't.

No, im not trying to. Just trying to get where you're coming from. You come across as a bit of a fuddy duddy. My impression is that you couldn't ignore the fact that the JW's are wrong doctrinally so you left, but you still basically agree with the Victorian values and Puritan methods of enforcement. The whole, most people who are ex JW's were rightfully kicked out due to their dirty sins and only looked into the false doctrine aspect afterwards. (BTW, this has nothing to do with the Lloyd thing. I'm in agreement that cheating on your wife with prostitutes is the definition of slime)

Im not trying to pick a fight. Just describing how you come across to me. If i've completely misread you, then I apologize.

• Simon
    Simon
    You come across as a bit of a fuddy duddy. My impression is that you couldn't ignore the fact that the JW's are wrong doctrinally so you left, but you still basically agree with the Victorian values and Puritan methods of enforcement.

No. I'm just not so simplistic in my thinking to follow "WTS say bad, so me say good!" like I'm a fucking caveman. There's nuance. A significant amount of what they say is basic common sense and good morals that are beneficial to follow. It doesn't make you puritanical to recognize and retain those values. I have no problem with people having pre-marital sex for instance, or being gay, but I think having many casual sexual partners is more likely to be unhealthy both physically and mentally. I have no problem with people smoking pot or taking other drugs, but I think it should be limited / controlled (esp. when young) and most stronger drugs discouraged and warned about.

Being honest, having a good work ethic, being faithful to my wife - these are all "values" I have. I happen to think I have them because I try to be a good person, and I like to do the right thing. If you make things like this "leftover WTS beliefs" then you are effectively saying that you cannot be a good person without them, and that they have a monopoly on being decent. I think that is a rather messed up and imbalanced outlook to have. But like I've already said, too many leave the WTS and think they have to live some "opposite life" to prove they are really out. I think it's mental and self-damaging, the best revenge is to show that you are a better person without them.

The whole, most people who are ex JW's were rightfully kicked out due to their dirty sins and only looked into the false doctrine aspect afterwards. (BTW, this has nothing to do with the Lloyd thing. I'm in agreement that cheating on your wife with prostitutes is the definition of slime)

But that isn't what I said, is it? I note your use of a word I didn't use and you even emphasized it, to suggest I said something I didn't.

Im not trying to pick a fight. Just describing how you come across to me. If i've completely misread you, then I apologize.

Well, it does seem like it's intentional because you have repeatedly changed what I said to misrepresent it. I suggest you stop doing that.

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

I have no problem with people having pre-marital sex for instance, or being gay, but I think having many casual sexual partners is more likely to be unhealthy both physically and mentally. I have no problem with people smoking pot or taking other drugs, but I think it should be limited / controlled (esp. when young) and most stronger drugs discouraged and warned about.

Being honest, having a good work ethic, being faithful to my wife - these are all "values" I have. I happen to think I have them because I try to be a good person, and I like to do the right thing. If you make things like this "leftover WTS beliefs" then you are effectively saying that you cannot be a good person without them, and that they have a monopoly on being decent. I think that is a rather messed up and imbalanced outlook to have. But like I've already said, too many leave the WTS and think they have to live some "opposite life" to prove they are really out. I think it's mental and self-damaging, the best revenge is to show that you are a better person without them.

Perfectly reasonable. Thanks for the clarification.

But that isn't what I said, is it? I note your use of a word I didn't use and you even emphasized it, to suggest I said something I didn't.

No you didn't. My intent was to convey the vibe I got from some of your comments. I wrote it poorly.

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse
    too many leave the WTS and think they have to live some "opposite life" to prove they are really out.

Who are all these people you have in mind? I've known a fair share of EX JW's on a personal level. If they got out while still young as I did, they may have had some casual hookups/ partied a bit in their 20's. But then settled down to a normal life of marriage, kids, and mortgage. Off the top of my head I can think of 8 people who are around my age, that I knew personally while a JW who also got out around age 19-20. Only 1 of those acquaintances life turned into a trainwreck of bad choices.

• Parzival
    Parzival
    Odds on Stephanie not knowing a single thing about Thailand, hookers, threatening suicide and lawsuits and finally succeeding getting wifey to agree to an open marriage?

Its like the point in time you are a 'newbie', effort is made to detract said newbie from the viewing of 'old light', when it comes to JLE and Watchtower.

I for one was a 'newbie' follower of JLE's youtube in about 2017, had no idea about the prior issues he had with the exjw community, his blatant ignorance of copyright, accusations of various behaviours against him, the list goes on.

Just like when I woke up as a PIMO already at the same time, learning of all the things I didnt know about the organisation, the UN thing, the flip flopping of major policies they now have (elder/gb arrangement, blood, df,) the list goes on and is basically endless.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    Im not trying to pick a fight.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I recognize the one on the left. He’s an internet troll.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Lloyd's plan to increase his patreons is succeeding, he added at least 20 new ones this month, the strategy? Daily videos

That can not be allowed , I will be doing at least one video dedicated on him on a monthly basis and use tags targeting his channel

What do you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit