It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Some like that their immoral behavior was "validated" in some way, and what better than picking a morally bankrupt "hero" ...

Good point. And LE provides all sorts of validation for the repressed flawed man and unsatisfying wife syndrome.

•  Debra
    Debra

I think the whole Evans family are flawed, I know his dad Johnathan managed to destroy his file on there CSA database leaving it clear for Lloyd to demand the other names are handed to police such hypocrisy

• JWBeliefsDiscussed
    JWBeliefsDiscussed

Lloyd Evans gets another Award....what an achievement.

https://youtu.be/O40beiuMKHQ

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

"Some like that their immoral behavior was "validated" in some way,"

I assume your use of immoral is "immoral by WT standards". Or do you still feel that pre-marital sex, receiving a blood transfusion, smoking, homosexuality etc are "immoral"?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I assume your use of immoral is "immoral by WT standards"

I am pretty sure the OP was referring to immoral behaviour, as in general standards in society đź’—

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Hah, yeah. The WT has a list of immoral acts that includes everything up to and including growing a beard and smoking a cigarette.

"I was DF'ed for immorality."

"What'd you do? Drugs? Murder?"

"Got a tattoo."

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

I am pretty sure the OP was referring to immoral behaviour, as in general standards in society đź’—

He stated he believes the "vast majority" are kicked out due to immorality and may become apostate afterwards.

Are you saying the vast majority of those disfellowshipped were caught doing something general society would find immoral?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

What he believes is way off. You get kicked out for suggesting child abuse is being covered up. Or telling the elders they are behaving in an unchristian manner and being cruel. Or saying WT's 1914 doctrine is wrong.

You only get disfellowshipped for wrong doing if it is affecting the status quo. If you want to stay in you just say the right words to the elders.

• JWBeliefsDiscussed
  • Vintage
    Vintage

Many who have been disfellowshipped from Watchtower for immorality actually did commit immorality, admitted it, and were sorry for it... but were nevertheless disfellowshipped.

While disfellowshipped, and trying to be re-instated, some have “woken up” to the reality that Watchtower is a cult. Sins should be repented for to God and to the one sinned against, not to the Watchtower-appointed elders. There is much to learn and unlearn while “waking up”. Ray Franz’ second book was called “In Search of Christian Freedom”. I bought and read his book. Christian freedom doesn’t mean living with no morals. Those who live with no morals are slaves of sin. I believe that Lloyd’s followers have been duped... first by Watchtower, and now by Lloyd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit