It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    Exactly, the WTS fills a niche. If they were removed something else just like them would fill that same niche.

Precisely. And If I can add that it is clearly visible that many exjws need someone to take the lead in their lives. The absolute human demand for a leader. If this is true for exjws it is also true for jws. Watchtower will never end.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    He's reading a book about GOD?

Not quite, assuming it is the book God: An Anatomy by Francesca Stavrakopoulou. From the description on its Amazon page:

Here is a portrait—arrived at through the author's close examination of and research into the Bible—of a god in ancient myths and rituals who was a product of a particular society, at a particular time, made in the image of the people who lived then, shaped by their own circumstances and experience of the world.

• Yooters
    Yooters
    He's reading a book about GOD? And back in november 2012, he went for a Faithless Forum in Austin TX ?

it was only a front. He was actually there fir the karaoke and hookers.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I anticipate the day when there will be more pages on this thread than the amount of patrons Lloyd has!

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I think two of Lloyd's biggest critics are really interested in helping Lloyd overcome his demons. This is interesting.

• Simon
    Simon
    I anticipate the day when there will be more pages on this thread than the amount of patrons Lloyd has!

It will be known as the crossover, when the prophecy becomes fulfilled. It will then be celebrated every year thereafter:

And in that time one will arise who wobbles as he talks, and he speaketh a great deal, and there was much chin wobbling. His followers will herald unto him: where shall we send our money? And he spoke unto them: send it to me, let it be done that I may travel the lands far and wide and seek out girls who definitely are over 14 or 20, or whatevers, and that I may lie with them. Also, do not be mentioning my deeds to my wife, for I love her so much that I cheat regularly on her.

Then the people decided he wasn't any kind of messiah after all, even though he towel-dried his hair to try and look "Jesusey", and decided that they had other things to spend their dough on.

He swore to smite his enemies, and that the seven heralds of his misdeeds be punished. Great would be the litigation, and in time every soul on earth would see it, and eventually be added to it.

Great were his lamentations, and his wailing reached all the way up to the Croation high court, up both steps, for it be just a small country, but the laughing was loud.

• Simon
    Simon
    I think two of Lloyd's biggest critics are really interested in helping Lloyd overcome his demons

One mistake good people make is being too nice to those who won't appreciate it and will even weaponize it.

I'm more of a "finish him!" type.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

will this thread reach 4000 replies and 400 pages at the same time ?

spooky.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    On page 388, Diogenesister wrote: There is only an official dress code for baptised Jehovah's witnesses at Bethel . 'Studies', 'interested persons' etc are more than welcome at Bethel and don't have to follow the dress code (within reason).

This is very true.

I have been to Brooklyn and Warwick several times, NOT looking like a JW.

However, I was accompanied by active JW('s) who were dressed to JW standards.

Regarding the Bible HIstory Exhibit at Warwick...

This exhibit is located adjacent to the lobby where you wait to be assigned to a tour guide/group. You do not need a guide to access this area. It is designed so anyone can meander thru the display on their own and at their own pace.

WT is very, very proud of this section and wants as many people as possible to see it.

-Aude.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Ermm... I think I know why Evens may have chosen to read that book. Here's more of it's blurb:

"God: An Anatomy Hardcover – Deckle Edge, January 25, 2022

"[A] rollicking journey through every aspect of Yahweh’s body, from top to bottom (yes, that too) and from inside out ... Ms. Stavrakopoulou has almost too much fun.”—The Economist"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit