It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

NonCoinCollector, If anyone wants to lay out cash to get copies of the court filing, I think I’ve found the right website for ordering copies of that document. This link has a phone number, a Fax number, and two email addresses. There are pdf files. One pdf file is the information request form. All is in Croatian, of course.

Thanks Vintage. This is a big help.

• Simon
    Simon

So he tries to claim that TTATT didn't want him involved any more only because of what other people have said about his confession video, not the confession video itself. Despite them being very clear in their statement that the decision was based entirely on what Lloyd himself said.

He still doesn't seem to grasp the impact of someone claiming to be an advocate for survivors of CSA engaging with prostitution in high sex-trafficking countries and how utterly incompatible that is. Let alone that no one wants the front-man of their programme to be a sleaze-ball who regularly abandons his wife and kids to go visit prostitutes (and now, we wonder, whether he did it while taking them on trips with him ... ew).

No wonder he deleted the comment. I think we know he hasn't hired any PR help yet because he's still managing to make things worse every time he posts something.

Note too the narcissist trying to blame everyone else: the TTATT for "bowing to pressure" and the guy asking the question of whether Lloyd owes them an apology for the now wasted and the added extra work they now have to do to try to salvage things.

He can't bring himself to acknowledge that he is the one who fucked up, it's all on him, and he DOES owe people some apologies.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Wally really took him to task for lying to both his family and everyone. This is further proof of what an utter disaster the Andrew Gold interview was for him. It was kind of under the radar because he was saying so many ridiculous things at once, but Wally hit upon a key point. The Gold interview was an attempt to outright deny he had seen sex workers in Thailand. Instead he "dated" them. This is direct contradiction to his livestream comments and his lengthy FB statement about him seeing sex workers there.

He's like a 5 year old stuck in a web of lies and thinks he can lie his way out.

This is a huge blow as Wally has a reputation as a balanced individual who is hesitant to wade into exJW controversy. Lloyd continues to keep antagonising the wrong people.

• Simon
    Simon
    All is in Croatian, of course.

We haven't even talked about the challenges of bringing court cases in a non-English-speaking court when the whole focus is on what has been said in English. So how does that work?

The pigeon-English in the demand letters already showed up the language challenges and that's simply sending a letter.

• Simon
    Simon
    The Gold interview was an attempt to outright deny he had seen sex workers in Thailand. Instead he "dated" them. This is direct contradiction to his livestream comments and his lengthy FB statement about him seeing sex workers there.

Yes, we now have Thailand, Croatia and other Countries (plural, so at least 2) that he's seen sex workers by his own admission on tape.

Now I wonder how many trips abroad he's taken alone vs with his family in the last few years? Because it now sounds like he might have been doing it while they were with him which is even more yucky, for them.

"No, daddy can't take you to the beach today, he has to go see a lady ..."

Try to reconcile that with his BS claims about being a dedicated family man that has to miss out on time with his family ... that he makes to raise money.

He can't control himself (his admission), so if you give him money you just enable him to spend time away from his family (although they'll probably see that as a blessing at some point if they don't already).

Now I wonder how many trips abroad he's taken alone vs with his family in the last few years? Because it now sounds like he might have been doing it while they were with him which is even more yucky, for them.

As much as his "activism" has been tied in with family holidays, this is almost a certainty.

More like:

"Daddy, why aren't you coming with us to the beach?"

"Daddy needs to do some more work with the TTATT guys. I am going to their hotel room to compose more interview questions for Angus Stewart tomorrow. We only have one crack at this so it's important! We'll be up late and I might just stay in Javier Ortiz's room tonight. Just stay with mummy and sissy and order some room service"

Completely disgusting man and he does owe TTATT and ALL their donors a huge apology for the added delay and cost of editing this creep out of the doc.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

To Wally (JW Thoughts),

Your response is both measured and reasonable. I have been watching the drama of Lloyd Evans ever since he tried to steal the copyrights to Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz in 2015. I thought he might have learned from his bad choices until the confession video showed that he has not. I always knew his replies on social media made him out to be a bit of a jerk, but weaponizing his audience against Kim Silvio was the final straw for me. Here is a woman that was watching Dijana's trust being taken for granted, and being cheated on with prostitutes in who knows how many places for who knows how many years. I don't blame Kim for releasing the statement. It needed to be done.

Lloyd could have come out with a video or statement that said, "I am a deeply flawed man and I need to work on many things. Give me time and space to work on these issues." But no, in typical Lloyd Evans fashion, he tried to make Kim Silvio look bad and anyone who dared to see things her way his enemy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow. Just seeing this.. I’ll say two things:

1) Years ago I was emailing Lloyd about the Candice Conti case, along with Rick Simmons. Later I asked Lloyd for advice on starting a Channel and he quit emailing me. Maybe he was busy, and not just ignoring me because he had the goal of being THE Channel?? Let’s hope so.

2) Be careful on the Internet. You watch one video of a beautiful lady with a “secret surprise” and you’re off to Thailand. I’ve seen it a million times. Those gorgeous Lady-Boys will destroy your life.

DD

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

Personally I like Evans videos. He has a good way of presenting. I don't really care what he dose in his private life. None of my business. I know he has a huge ego and I would most likely not want to have a beer with him, and I know I do not have a thing in common with him in politics. But he has a good way of presenting the JW stuff.

We haven't even talked about the challenges of bringing court cases in a non-English-speaking court when the whole focus is on what has been said in English. So how does that work?

I have some background in court cases that have considered evidence in another language. The Croatian judge doesn't just switch to English in the courtroom and assume everyone has to follow along. This is the reason there are official languages in many countries, and in case you are wondering, Croatian is the sole recognised language there. This will present difficulties in sorting through the "evidence", none of which is in Croatian. A translation company that is approved (and paid for) by the court and bonded must be hired. They need to fill out an affidavit swearing under oath that the translation was conducted to the best of their knowledge. The translator(s) could be called to the stand to testify.

And these are not only social media posts, but YouTube videos what must be first transcribed and then translated into Croatian. Not just the parts Lloyd thinks are relevant, but the entire video, some of which are well over an hour long. For any defense, this would be an opportunity to really bog down the case and make it complicated over what a particular phrase or chain of words mean in the speaker's particular English dialect.

All this trouble and government money wasted because Lloyd feels he's being slandered online. I'd be curious to get whatever statement the court releases in dismissal of this case translated for pure entertainment purposes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit