It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

I feel I have grown as a human being and embraced reality. I have learned to accept my place in the cosmos and contribute in whatever infinitesimal way I can to the ongoing struggles of humanity. And it is your legacy of courage, kindness and honesty that I can credit for growing in that way.

... but mostly I learned to grift and spend the money whoreing with hookers! (sounds less grandiose)

Sometimes I find myself pondering the question: “If Mum could see me now, would she be proud?” I’ve come to realize that this question has two answers.

Was one of the answers "no, you dirty little pervert, you disgust me and live contrary to everything I believed in"?

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

After taking a second look at Lloyd's letter to his late mother, there is at least one alternative inescapable conclusion. Lloyd has no problem with profiting off of his dead mother if it means getting a little sympathy. The letter screams "look at me."

• Vintage
    Vintage

When people witness or fail to prevent "acts that transgress one’s own moral beliefs, values, or ethical codes of conduct", their conscience becomes damaged. An employer who exposes his employees, who do have ethics, to his own immoral behavior causes "moral injury" to those employees.
    From Syracuse University:
    https://moralinjuryproject.syr.edu/about-moral-injury/
    "What is Moral Injury
    Moral injury is the damage done to one’s conscience or moral compass when that person perpetrates, witnesses, or fails to prevent acts that transgress one’s own moral beliefs, values, or ethical codes of conduct.
    ...Shay (2014) emphasizes leadership failure and a “betrayal of what’s right, by a person who holds legitimate authority in a high stakes situation.” Silver (2011) speaks of, “a deep soul wound that pierces a person’s identity, sense of morality, and relationship to society” (para. 6)."

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Lloyd has no problem with profiting off of his dead mother if it means getting a little sympathy. The letter screams "look at me."

According to his story, he wrote what ended up being a first draft of the letter and tried to read it to his mum, but she was in hospice and heavily medicated. At some point after his disassociation but before his first daughter was born, he rewrote the letter with his new beliefs in mind. He showed it privately to Patrick Haeck (the Belgian guy he got drunk with and ended up humping the Christmas tree) and Patrick in dramatic fashion insisted he include that letter in his book. I'm sure he had every intention of including it in his book and didn't need Patrick's encouragement. Also in that section he related how Haeck paid for their holiday on the Croatian coast when Lloyd showed up to visit and had zero money in his bank account. He also helped finish their apartment, driving his utility truck over from Belgium to finish his daughter's room. He brought enough supplies to finish the entire place and donated his expensive tools.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    So Karlo Novosel stands behind that insane piece of paper? It is so poorly written that nobody believes it is real.

He didn’t want to talk to me about it but did own it…

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I wanted to tell you not to talk over Evans while he was pontificating but honestly I can't blame you, the man is infuriating.

Thank you for the feedback - a roomy error and I appreciate the tip - I didn’t realise how loud his voice was and that I wouldn’t be heard properly-I’m glad I stopped the video to talk or the video would have been useless - I’m learning and appreciate the tips 💗💗💗

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Does anyone have any info on the 2017 event he keeps mentioning?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He means the Marko allegations in 2017, I think, because somebody made a video about it then. Mark O’Donnell alluded to it in his public statement when he said allegations against Lloyd from 2017 were false. Which is interesting: that Mark O’Donnell knew about those allegations, and also strange that Mark O’Donnell felt qualified to state that the allegations were false. He should have said they are not proven. Who really knows if they are false, apart from Lloyd himself, and possibly a few others?

Anyway, all that is a major distraction, and basically Lloyd’s tactic of clouding the issue by mixing up the things he has admitted to, with other allegations that are as yet unproven, and them treating them all as if they are the same thing.

Which seems like a pretty high risk strategy to me. Because when he is so clearly lying about the recent stuff being libellous, it’s obviously going to make people wonder if he’s lying about the old allegations too.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    How are his Patrons not seeing through this nonsense?

He lost more than 300 of them, if I am not mistaken. That's pretty significant. The remaining ones may be die-hard supporters or not aware of what is happening (ie, not paying much attention or possibly not watching videos, but content to support his efforts).

Kim- I think the 2017 event is Marko's letter. Others here would know if that's correct or not.

• Simon
    Simon
    Lloyd's letter to his late mother

Yeah, it's not "to" her so much as it's a marketing message to his readers. Nice. But still not the lowest he's reached.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit