It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

There is a big scandal in the tech sector with a hugely popular YouTuber Linus from Linus Tech Tips. All over unethical behavior. They didn't kill any kittens or anything. I guess the tech sector is filled with people who have a JW mindset. By the way Linus in his apology video also monetized his video and never really apologized for their behavior.

It's really crazy how Lloyd and Linus are handling the scandal in a similar way. Everyone is like, "just apologize" and he refuses to.

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo

Funny because I was actually just watching the GN video. I still haven't watched LT response

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    It's really crazy how Lloyd and Linus are handling the scandal in a similar way. Everyone is like, "just apologize" and he refuses to.

Saw the thread on Linus and those working conditions are horrible. I feel bad for that person knowing all they had to deal with.

I will say that Linus may not be able to apologize publicly for legal reasons. Much of the incidents detailed by that former employee rise to the level of illegal harassment, sexual discrimination, and hostile working environment. Those conditions leave a corporation open to civil liability. An explicit apology from Linus would be viewed by the court as an admission of fault in any pending legal action against LTT.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner
    Fair point Jehalapeno, also his response was only the GN video, it looks like it was done before the working conditions issues came up. Linus' initial response though was horrible. Shirking any responsibility, gaslighting, etc... The video also didn't do him any favors. Even if you can't outright apologize due to liability issues it could have been handled better.
  • Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Just an FYI. Linus stepped down as CEO a few months back, stating he wanted to focus more on content creation.

Sound familiar?

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Let it be a lesson to all of you. Do you see what happened when you watch to many JW broadcast ? And call M.Lett a ruber face behind is back? Now who's the rubber face now! that will teach him...

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

There is a big scandal in the tech sector with a hugely popular YouTuber Linus from Linus Tech Tips

Linus is channeling Lloyd Evans. Look at this quote:

"...what really bothers me about the situation is how quickly the pitchforks were raised"

Straight out of Lloyd's book. Deflect from the issue, focus on the critics and immediately question their motives and tactics.

Linus stepped down as CEO a few months back

This is something Lloyd would never do. He'd probably babble on about how owners don't get fired, and he did nothing wrong to warrant that. To go full Lloyd, Linus needs to make regular SM rants, get his right hand to make a video about how his critics retain a certain "mindset", beg for donations like a televangelist, and initiate a "criminal" lawsuit against the whistleblowers, accusing them of "defamation".

So Linus has a ways to go to match Jabba the Hutt.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Linus and his wife still own LMG. The CEO position was handed to someone else, which means someone else is doing the boring-yet-vital task of running the mundane day-to-day stuff. Linus gets to make videos and rake in the money.

He's doing a pretty good impersonation of Evans, all told.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Have we noticed that there is a growing trend of grifters being exposed now..

Lloyd is only the tip of the surface, it's happening everywhere now. To be honest, it is great to watch as those who took advantage of people's empathy and kindness are being exposed one by one.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who is Linus? I just watched a video and he seems to have an entire team of people making a living at their company. LE has never been anywhere near that level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit