I'm now turned off by this site

by purrpurr 103 Replies latest jw friends

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"Right Wing Media learning from Covid that sensational hate filled nonsense is really the only way to get yourself notice"

It goes back way further than that. In the United States at least, the current divide started with the 1994 mid-term elections. If you really wanted to stretch it, you could take it back to 1964 and Barry Goldwater.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

What's the throughline from Goldwater to today re the cultural divide?

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

What's the throughline from Goldwater to today re the cultural divide?

Even though he lost in 1964, his campaign was the beginning of the far right elements of the republican party being much more dominate compared to more 'traditional' centrists like Eisenhower or Rockefeller. Rockefeller was famously booed during his speech. Today, they'd label him a RINO. That sort of thing.

• Simon
    Simon
    sensational hate filled nonsense

This is a trick the left constantly uses. They describe a thing, they encourage fear of the thing, they demand people act on the fear of the thing (by voting for them) ... but they can never actually point to the thing.

So what "hate filled nonsense" exactly are you talking about? Pick one thing, and we'll dismantle it. Care to play?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

If a Republican attains the label of RINO, it's usually because of an endorsement of some left-wing policy - like wokism. Or more crony capitalism. They wouldn't be "far" right if they just got a "boo" from a crowd?

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

If a Republican attains the label of RINO, it's usually because of an endorsement of some left-wing policy - like wokism. Or more crony capitalism. They wouldn't be "far" right if they just got a "boo" from a crowd?

Its not just that. Goldwater voted against the 1964 civil rights act. In fairness, he had voted in favor of previous acts but voted against 1964 for minutia reasons. I'm not even claiming he caused it. Just where the current climate we live in got its start. If you wanna go way back.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Out of one cult into another. Simon is the worst offender. Just because someone on the left said or did something wrong doesn’t mean the right is automatically correct. It’s all garbage. Go back to science and reasoning and stop encouraging these laundered ideas that claim to be truth cause they sound true.

• pokertopia
    pokertopia

People on the right seem to be doing similar things in the United States and Korea. Now I'm putting pressure on me with the intention of making a loan and letting me pay for the loan and then givinging them it. I can't give in to their pressure. This is because living in poverty without debt is better than living with a heavy heart.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Just where the current climate we live in got its start. If you wanna go way back.

I don't think so - although I think it goes far back. The current woke ideologies come from critical theory. Originally a Marxist legal theory, now applied to race, meant to tear at the fabric of society through your classic Hegelian dialectic.

It feels like a religion because it IS the religion of the left. Ironically you have other posters freaking out over the fact that some people are starting to notice the Marxist root in all this, and have a principled push-back.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@pokertopia: what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit