Honest Questions About Child Abuse

by Richard Oliver 207 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Outlaw:

You're calling me a strawman so like I asked. Please point out a factual thing that I have said that is wrong. Not a spelling or a grammar issue, a factual statement that I made that is wrong. And please present your argument with facts and not your opinion or supposition.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You're calling me a strawman so like I asked. Please point out a factual thing that I have said that is wrong. Not a spelling or a grammar issue, a factual statement that I made that is wrong. And please present your argument with facts and not your opinion or supposition.....RO

No..I have not called you a strawman..

I said you present Strawman Arguments..

Obviously you still don`t know what that means..

Please point out a factual thing that I have said that is wrong.

Read my comment above..

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Outlaw:

If you feel that there is a difference between a strawman and strawman arguments that is your opinion. But my question and ability to defend my argument still stands. Explain exactly what you think is a strawman argument. Explain with facts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw:

If you feel that there is a difference between a strawman and strawman arguments that is your opinion. But my question and ability to defend my argument still stands. Explain exactly what you think is a strawman argument. Explain with facts.....RO

WTF??!!.....LOL!!..

I cut and pasted the definition for you,from Wikipedia..

Go back and read it.....

Another cut and paste won`t change anything..

Bring a dictionary,so you can understand what you`re reading..

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Let s keep our heads cool. The subject is very important.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Child abuse is a crime that is more devastating than many others. It destroys the future of a very young individual, when they are too young to protect themselves. A child abuser is very hard to recognize. They are known to be masters in deception. However almost all of them will do it again, time and again, given the chance. The watchtower organization knows this 3 deadly factors as they published it themselves in 1993. So it is of paramount importance to protect all children, to make sure that any accusation is properly investigated to determine whether person x or y effectively committed this crime, and consequently bar this confirmed child abuser from all access to children. Any policy, that gives a person accused of child abuse, access to children before the accusation has been cleared by properly trained and authorized persons, is facilitating a criminal of the worst kind. The Watchtower organizations instructions, to require 2 witnesses for a sin to be confirmed, to consider Jehovah's name as too important for elders and parents to report a case of child abuse to the police, to not inform parents that person x can pose a risk to their children, that a confirmed child abuser can be reappointed in a position of responsibility, and so on, all facilitate child abusers amongst Jehovah's Witnesses. And even they have been pointed again and again to these problems, they are refusing to correct them. This at the cost of a lot of money and the future of their children.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

To Richard,

I think that there is two or three motivators at play that drive those who post on this forum regarding the child abuse issue. While the weighting of those motivators may differ between individuals, perhaps the one that drives most of us who have not been directly effected would a reaction against the totalitarian rule of the Governing Body and their claim to be God's one-and-only spokesmen. Every person understands the principle of "with power comes responsibility". Yet, despite the fact that the Governing Body has claimed and exercises the total power over every action (and thought) of the brotherhood, they have never accepted the responsibility for the consequences when their decisions result in something bad. As we all know, they have created a history of passing these failures down the line to "some brother's" or have ignored the problems all together. Everyone has a sense of natural justest, and because its clear that the Organization cares more to money than for being honest and helping the victims of child abuse (in one way or another), people can see that just not just right and comment accordingly for action.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I am sorry to tell you but atleast in the US, Watchtower does not contain a fiduciary relationship. That is what a number of judges have ruled. I am not saying that it is right. But I go for facts and that is a fact.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Those are not facts. Again, I have in my possession the transcripts of some of the lawsuits that were settled here in the USA where it was fully determined by the court that the WT is in a fiduciary relationship with its members. The cases were settled with a very strong non-disclosure agreement on each part.

Do your research yourself. It's a matter of public record. I have copies of the transcripts myself.

I am not giving you an uninformed opinion. I am giving you facts.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung
    The investigation of the Royal Commissioner in Australia gave an average of at least 1 child abuser per congregation. The Australian betel has 1000 child abusers on file for 60000 publishers. That is 1 per 60. If you have kids, and you are in a congregation of 120 publishers, you are exposing your kids continuously to 2 child abusers. Do you know them... or did the society not bother to inform you... good luck
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Just to quote one of the documents I have. I's a long document.

...it was determined that by holding (name of the elder0 out as a qualified Elder and leader in the WATCHTOWER DEFENDANTS' organization, and by undertaking the religious instruction and spiritual and emotional counseling of Plaintiffs, the WATCHTOWER DEFENDANTS, created a fiduciary relationship with the Plaintiffs. The WATCHTOWER DEFENDANTS placed themselves in a position of trust and confidence with Plaintiffs, and that such relationship imposed on the WATCHTOWER DEFENDANTS a duty to act in Plaintiffs' best interest and to protect Plaintiffs' best interests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit