by Richard Oliver 207 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Let's say that someone in Austria,

So let's say I am the parent

Now lets say that the elders tell everyone.....RO

A strawman argument.

From Wikipedia

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's actual proposition.[2][3]

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

No a strawman doesn't want change. I have been making the statement from the first part of this thread. It is more important to get legislatures to change the laws of the land, that includes any priest-penitent privilege and to raise the age of consent. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean that I am a straw man. Just because I know the law is not so cut and dry doesn't mean it either. Just because I don't cow-tow to some of you who feel that Watchtower and/or all religion should be sacked that I am a straw man. If I bring up actual facts doesn't make me false, it is that I think not just on emotion, which is not what the law is, but on logic and facts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean that I am a straw man.

Just because I don't cow-tow to some of you who feel that Watchtower and/or all religion should be sacked that I am a straw man.....RO

You`re not a Strawman

You`re an ill-educated Watchtower/JW Apologist,presenting Strawman Arguments..

And..

You`re not smart enough to understand what a Strawman Argument is,even though I cut and pasted the definition for you..

Your "WatchTower Education" is showing..

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Under present Watchtower policy, it's possible for a pedophile to tearfully confess his crime, go through a period of "repentance" and return to the congregation with no one being the wiser. Meanwhile, people in "the world" will have no inkling that a predator is among them, which makes the Watchtower responsible for all that individual's acts. Surely no one can defend a policy that allows this.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Outlaw. I am not an apologist. I am very educated. And just because you go straight to emotion for your argument and I go for facts prove that. You want to go tow to tow on intelligence on this matter, I will take you on. I had no intention of arguing with anyone on this. I actually wanted to get advice on how to help get laws changed but for you. I will go up against you any time you want.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I am not an apologist.....RO

Yes you are..

I am very educated.

No your not..

just because you go straight to emotion for your argument

That never happened......Another Stawman Argument..

You want to go tow to tow on intelligence on this matter, I will take you on.

You`ve already lost on the intelligence part....It`s "Toe to Toe"..

Tow means to pull something..

Just out of curiosity,what are you planning to pull?

I will go up against you any time you want.

You`re beating yourself up pretty good,without my help.....LOL!!..

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Outlaw. I am sorry that I misspelled toe to toe, I know that you type correctly 100% of the time. Tell me something that I have stated wrong? Please go ahead and give actual evidence that what I said was wrong. An actual fact and not your opinion.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

My argument would be that whether there are laws or not, our responsibility is to protect our children. The Organization's prime purpose is to protect itself. Just because you don't break the law doesn't mean you aren't immoral or unethical, about which I believe the Bible has something to say.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Spoletta: Nowhere in my statements have I said that it is not immoral or unethical. I have said the opposite, that morally yes it is despicable and they should be prosecuted. But just because something we feel is immoral doesn't mean it is against the law. My statement was, that we as a society of general people have to get the laws changed so that children are protected. That includes raising age of consent laws in nations and even states that have staggering low ages of consent. Police and other authority can only prosecute people for actual crimes not for perceived or moral crimes. And also to remove priest-penitent privilege when it comes to sexual child abuse. Because, no matter what some people on here believes there are judges who view elder communication as privileged communication.

As an example in the Conti case. Irwin Zalkin asked Kendrick's former wife and former step-daughter if she thought it was a privileged communication. Why would Mr. Zalkin ask this question? Because it could be construed that the confession was transmitted in a priest-penitent privileged communication, which as the law allowed at that time did not have to be reported to the police.

Again just because I don't agree with everyone here that lawsuits are the best way to end this, I get trashed for my opinion. I believe that actual legislation is more beneficial than trying to fight this case after case that takes years upon years and there is no guarantee of a win. In fact even the Conti case the California Appellate court only ruled on negligence because they allowed her to go in service with Kendrick, not for anything else.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw. I am sorry that I misspelled toe to toe.....RO

Don`t be sorry..Get spell check..Grammarly is good too..

Plus..

Learn to use an online dictionary so you understand what words mean..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit