Honest Questions About Child Abuse

by Richard Oliver 207 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don't agree with the idea that Watchtower should be sued to oblivion.....RO

That pretty much sums up the purpose of this thread..

Don`t hold the WatchTower accountable for any Crimes they Commit..

Good thread..

It shows the lengths the Watchtower and JW`s will go to to protect JW Pedophiles..

No wonder the WBT$/JW`s are called a Pedophiles Paradise..

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You still haven't answered my simple question.

DD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why aren't WT as the self proclaimed most moral loving caring people on earth changing their policies to make it 100% clear to any and all of it's members that child abuse is a matter for the police and NOT the elders to investigate and re traumatize victims with their inept inappropriate and irresponsiby cruel questions that they have no business asking of victims???

What are WT doing to work with police and report even when not required to by law?

Guardians of Doctrine my ass.

Guardians of Pedophiles more like and certainly NOT Guardians of Children!

• AmIright
    AmIright

I think its because the organisation imposed strict laws regarding this as a type of slander towards the organisation or more so "bad publications in the papers", so they cover it up so the WT's REP will remain intact. a lot of cults/churches/institutions do this. its a poor practice that laws alone cannot change. the people need a voice. + why sue a man with 100k when you can sue a cult with 1 billion....

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Data-Dog:

I did answer your question. I said that I would report immediately. But then I said that if it is not a crime in the land in which one lives. There isn't a lot that the police can do. It is disgusting yes, but in some lands it is not illegal.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So, if you were in such a land, where there was no reporting laws, and you knew a child was being sexually abused, what would YOU do about it?

DD

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Did I say if there were no reporting laws? But in some countries, like I explained earlier, where the age of consent is low. If they haven't broken a law what am I supposed to report to the police?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I assume you are a Christian. Do you need a law to protect a child that you know is being sexually abused? What would YOU do? So what if abuse is not illegal??

DD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The law WT should be following is a moral one NOT mandated by state or country but by conscience.

M.O.R.A.L. Why? Because they claim to follow the law of love!

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Yes a moral law is important, but moral law is not a law. So let's take this senario. Let's say that someone in Austria, where the age of consent is 14. So lets say a 25-year-old man has sex with a 14-year-old. According to Austria law that man has not committed a crime. Is that 25 year old disgusting for having sex with a 14-year-old? Of course he is. But has he violated anything that would get him sent to jail? No. So let's say I am the parent of this young girl, and I go and beat the living crap out of the guy, which I would be morally acceptable to do, but legally I could be charged with a crime because I assaulted that man. Now I am not talking about rape, but in the nation of Austria they say that it is possible for a 14 year old to consent to sexual activity. Now lets say that the elders tell everyone that, that man is a criminial because he had sex with a 14-year-old, would that be true, no it wouldn't. Would most people agree that he is a scum bag, yes, but he is not a criminal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit