Honest Questions About Child Abuse

by Richard Oliver 207 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    richard: Let's face it, a lot of people on here wouldn't be happy unless Watchtower is ended. So you have to ask yourself are you more concerned with if Watchtower is in existence or not or the protection of children. Honestly, I think if a lot of people on here actually thought about it, it would be the former rather than the later.

Why does that matter to you?

Why? What is it that bothers you about that?

• Funchback
    Funchback
    Honestly,

I really doubt much about you is honest.

even if Watchtower come out tomorrow and apologize for this and say that they will no longer practice the 2 witness rule

That would be amazing!

inform all members of every person ever accused of sexual assault
    What a wonderful thing if it could happen!

a lot of people on here wouldn't be happy unless Watchtower is ended.

This is true, and rightly so. How many family relationships have ended because of the corrupt corporation? How many lives have ended because of the ever changing blood policy? How many careers ended for the hope of a pipe dream? Obviously people want to see the Watchtower Society JW . Org meet its demise.

So you have to ask yourself are you more concerned with if Watchtower is in existence or not or the protection of children.

That's it? After all this jibber jabber you have posted on here, and no doubt have counted field service time, you break it down to a choice between existence of JW . Org vs. Protection of children? You really are a dunce! So, please...hopefully now you realize that your ridiculousness has been exposed. Please go away. Or, at least stick around and try to have an open mind and stop being a hand puppet and learn to think and speak for yourself.

• Annon
    Annon

Many people have given reasoned well explained answers to the original question. There has been lots of useful information presented by the forum contributors it's just a pity more people could not read these.

Oh wait if you type into Google "sue Watchtower over child abuse" this whole thread along with Richards original question appears 5th on the list.

Well Done Richard.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There's no question or doubt that children right now are being brainwashed by the Watchtower Corporation but at least we can try to protect them from sexual predators.

Right Richard. ?

Hopefully they mentally mature enough and wake up to the realization how corrupt and cuiltish the Watchtower Publishing house is.

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/hitler-youth.jpg

• Simon
    Simon
    I really doubt that even if Watchtower come out tomorrow and apologize for this and say that they will no longer practice the 2 witness rule, inform all members of every person ever accused of sexual assault and do everything else that the people on this site want, that it would be enough for you. Let's face it, a lot of people on here wouldn't be happy unless Watchtower is ended.

This is true. Many see nothing but fault with anything and everything the WTS does and thinks they should be held accountable for anything and everything, whatever the facts. Basically, they hate the WTS because the WTS hurt them.

But that still doesn't excuse or alter the fact that the WTS hasn't apologized, it hasn't changed it's policies, it hasn't reported crimes and it hasn't changed it's policies to protect the people that it knew were vulnerable.

The only thing it has done is put incredible time and resources into covering it all up to protect it's own PR image and this has frequently meant attacking and silencing the victims and their families.

That is why so many have the hatred of the WTS that they do - because they are loathsome, vile and despicable excuses for human beings that profess to be christian and live up to some sort of moral standard.

So who really are the bad guys with an agenda? Why do you feel so compelled to defend them?

• Heaven
    Heaven

I wrote to Angus Stewart, Senior Counsel on the ARC's Jehovah's Witnesses case regarding Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. I have posted my letter previously on this board. My summary in the letter:

" I wish you and the RC much success in bringing about positive change. When a group is based on outdated principles such as Patriarchy, various abuses seem to abound. If laws are not enacted, though, as a result of these investigations, The Watchtower will not adopt any changes. Their authority is their interpretation of the Bible unless there is a law which prohibits them from using the Bible literally. They will view this investigation as persecution by Satan."

I think the above says it all. Abuse will continue in this religion unless they reform. But reform means dropping much of what they cling to from the Bible. This will never happen unless it is made illegal. So it is up to the secular authorities to enact laws to force Watchtower to do the right thing if anything is going to change. We can only hope.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Richard Oliver - "Let's face it, a lot of people on here wouldn't be happy unless Watchtower is ended. So you have to ask yourself are you more concerned with if Watchtower is in existence or not or the protection of children."

I submit that if the Watchtower were no longer in existence, a lot more children would be protected.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Heaven - "...The Watchtower will not adopt any changes. Their authority is their interpretation of the Bible unless there is a law which prohibits them from using the Bible literally. They will view this investigation as persecution by Satan."

Yup.

For the Org, policies and doctrines are so intertwined that they are effectively the same thing... i.e. they can't let "Satan's World" make them to change their policies, because that would be tantamount to allowing "Satan's World" to dictate their doctrines...

...which would be completely unacceptable to them.

It's the reason they occasionally try to play the "freedom of religion" card.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit