Great Tribulation and Trump

by TakeOffTheCrown 193 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Please, let's discuss this subject without attacking one another.

It appears that Trump has won a victory that no one expected. Is it possible that Trump may play a part in the Great Tribulation?

There are some who believe Trump is one of the most unqualified of men to ever be elected president of the United States. Trump seems to be surprised by his victory. It is as if someone has pushed Trump forward.

What do you think?

• cofty
    cofty

There is no such thing as "The Great Tribulation".

The apocalyptic ravings of a dead Galilean carpenter is not worth getting excited about. The thing that we should worry about is that Trump and his VP actually believe those delusions.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Cofty,

I appreciate your response.

• dogon
    dogon

OP your still going on the idea that there is some divine direction to the universe. If life teaches you nothing you should know by history alone this is bull shit. Trump won because people are sick and tired of being pushed around by the Federal Gov that is taking more and more of our freedom. Although I am an atheist I can see how Christians are concerned in that the left keeps telling them they have to accept homosexuality, gay marriage, and their religion is evil while glad handing Islam. The idea that you can enfranchise minority's and to do so you have to disenfranchise whites, the idea that you can let un-vetted Muslims form terrorist countries into our country and they will assimilate, that they can take away our second amendment rights force us to support partial birth abortion and give country's like Iran billions of cash and take sanctions away and they will love us. Its absolutely no surprise after the left banded those who supported Trump as deplorable's and racist tha tthey hid their opinions from the poll takers. You trying to make some divine sign is more of a sign of your not being a critical thinker. You can say at any point in history that the war in Vietnam was a sign, that WW2 was a sign, and the JW cult did and look where that got them. LMAO no where. If you can not think critical then when you find yourself trying to find some sign remember men in black,,,,, 1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Why can't they stick to their doctrinal outline?

1. The UN cries out peace and security.
    2. Organized religion aka Babylon the Great gets destroyed by the UN in cahoots with all nations.
    3. Then the UN turns on them last of all in order to wipe them out.
    4. After which the heavenly cavalry comes charging over the hill to their rescue. Oh yes, don't forget the fireballs and other pyrotechnics that the big J in the sky hurls down for entertainment of his angels.

Where does Trump fit into all of this?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Cofty,

The thing that we should worry about is that Trump and his VP actually believe those delusions.

Trump cannot even pronounce 2 Corinthians. He has no beliefs about anything; he's just a shape shifter. On the other hand Pence is something to worry about.

• schnell
    schnell
    What do you think?

I think Donald Trump will surely declare peace and security when there is no peace, and ban religion regardless of Pence, and target JWs specifically. Then a blue light will come out of the sky and all the heavenly armies will descend on the White House and the Kremlin, the king of the South and the king of the North.

• Simon
    Simon

It always strikes me as incredibly self-centered of people in a wealthy, secure democracy talking about "the great tribulation" as though nothing bad happens in the world unless and until something bad happens to them.

Many people's entire lives are "a great tribulation". Sometimes the tide ebbs to make things a little better, sometimes things get a little worse. But the poor and downtrodden have to endure more than most of us ever will simply because they have the misfortune to be born into a certain place at a certain time.

Meanwhile, JWs sit in suits after driving to the air-conditioned hall to hear about how bad times are.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Simon: It always strikes me as incredibly self-centered of people in a wealthy, secure democracy talking about "the great tribulation" as though nothing bad happens in the world unless and until something bad happens to them.

Thank you, and yes, why do we think in the US or in the "western" world that nothing matters on a global scale unless it happens to us? JWs are the same way. People starving all over the world, working for less than nothing, earthquakes, economic issues, you name it, but none of that matters to God's great plan, unless it happens to "us" here in the "western" world.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

No matter what happens in the Trump presidency - the results have nothing (I mean NOTHING) with bible prophesy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit