New Shunning Video - RC 2016

by wifibandit 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

Speaking of the bunker video, does anyone have a downloadable version of it? Did it make it to Rutube?

Reason I ask is, that as a non-JW, with some JW family (and friends, believe it or not), hopefully I can call their bluff when they say, "we don't shun!"

I also have some ins with local media, both print & broadcast. Just trying to spread the word. They're getting worse than Scientology. SS

• Rebecca 619
    Rebecca 619

This is so awful , can't imagine ever shunning my child , my son was dfd when he had just turned 18, he was so conflicted with being gay, hated himself for it all I can do is love him no matter what, my husband and I will be there for him always ,

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I was talking with my wife last night after showing her this video. In the past I have always said that I hated the ORG but could forgive the individuals. After this year, this video and the other videos, I'm having a hard time saying that anymore. It's too much like war criminals to me. At some point you can't say I was just following rules, if you can't think for yourself around this horrible display the ORG is putting on, my sympathy for you is quickly dying.

• Dagney
    Dagney

There is a family i know, former "friends," husband is an elder, with adult children. They took a hard line and didn't attend a wedding of a son and are estranged from most of the kids...the children choosing to live their lives not as JW's.

The wife is now in stage 4 cancer, terminal maybe a few months more to live. I can't imagine how all the parties feel. They could be using this time to make amends, support, do what they need to do. Instead, what a legacy this religion is passing down through the generations.

They make me sick.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Will this be shown at the friday afternoon talk about shunning?

Just breathtaking, that the mother ignores the call of her sad and lonely daughter, and that they portray it like that.

I guess a lot of JWs will think that these parents are not loving. If some of them continue the thought, that in fact it is the org who is teaching this, they might wake up.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I watched the video. The religion acts like they are a little village in ancient Israel or the Amish. This is how disfellowshipping and shunning appears to me. The religion has to be spiteful and vindictive to retain members!

I'm so glad I was raised Catholiic. In my opinion, the parents ignoring their daughter's phone call is morally wrong....What if she was in danger?

I know of more than one story of Witness children who were forced to move out of their homes because their parents said "it's either our way or the highway".

I believe the public needs to be better informed about what Witnesses are really all about !!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

One of the most disgusting things I came across was an elder who was "city servant" at the time. His lovely daughter had a run in with the elders in his own cong and was DFd. The elder disagreed with the decision and I asked him if he had gone to the committee to talk sense in to them. He replied that he couldn't do that because he was in danger of losing his position.

This family had previously been friends, I couldn't even speak to the man after what he had said. Who wouldn't fight to overturn a wrong done to his own daughter? There was his double though in that disgusting video. Shame on them all!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I just received a call from my non-JW sister. My daughter will be in town for

the L.B assembly this week end. My JW brother called her and told her to pass the

word to all of the other non JW family members that he will have a family gathering

at his home and they are all invited. My JW  daughter and her new husband is here to meet

the family. MY sister called to ask if I was invited. LOL

I told her no way and keep in mind I haven't seen this daughter in 17 years.

So my sister said if you are not invited all non- JW family will not go, they all ask was I invited.

My sister last words on the phone, these are some sick folks, disgusting.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

It hurts so much that all my family will be seeing this crap (and other vides in RC 2016)....and I know how bad it's going to hurt them. But the saddest thing is that my husband and I are not even disfellowshipped and they have already taken certain steps to shun us. I have a newborn baby, just turned 3 months yesterday and his grandparents (on my husbands side)have not come to see him ever since they found out I was out too. Needless to say they don't invite us over anymore, we used to get together with the family every weekend. It's really hard dealing with all of this.

As for the parents in video, they kick their daughter out of the house for being a bad example to their other kids? Really?The girl makes a mistake and instead of helping her they kick her out so she can do it some more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit