New Shunning Video - RC 2016

by wifibandit 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Rebecca - you are a true parent.

• steve2
    steve2

This is astonishingly warped: A disfellowshipped spouse is not kicked out of the family home, but a disfellowshipped child is? Sick.

We can but hope that loving JW parents will see it for what it is: A cruelly manipulative attempt to force parents to choose between obeying the commands of men or the commands of their parental conscience.

Clearly, to so brazenly depict the parent-child relationship, JW parents must have been softening the rules towards their wayward children.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Another angle here: might be that WT is losing a significant number of elders due to parents allowing DF'd children to continue living at home. In the last 20 years, I have not seen even one family kick out their disfellowshipped child-- the elder dads in these cases all stepped down as elders in order to assist their children. Rightly, they chose their child over eldership and somewhat the org. Many of these elders did not resume their eldership after the child was reinstated or decided to move out. In these cases, the families got the eye opener of how shunning feels and how your family is treated once you are just regular publishers in the cong. I saw a lot of bitterness develop in these ones.

Just a thought...

• Rebecca 619
    Rebecca 619

Steve2😊

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Did Humpty Dumpty tell the Australian Royal Commission at the hearing last year this nevers happens?

I think the royal commision needs to see this video.

• wifibandit
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I am just so, so glad that me and my husband are out if it, and all of our kids too. Nothing, nothing, not anything or anyone, will ever take my kids away from me. Jehovah's Witnesses: I don't miss you. Not one bit. I am so glad to be out of you. Go screw yourselves. You aren't going to ruin THIS family .

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I like how they brought in the example of Aaron, who was not allowed to feel sadness over the death of his sons. Not only are you expected to shun your own children, you should feel guilty if that bothers you.

Sick.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

And don't forget, MOST OF THIS "COUNCIL & DIRECTION" COMES FROM  MEN WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!!

How many GB members are actually fathers?? 1...?? 2 at the most..???

Clueless, absolutely clueless.

The organization is cold and cruel, they kick people when they're down, and they toss people away like they mean nothing. "They give the tenth of the dill and the mint and the cumin but ignore the weightier matters of love and compassion...."

I cannot believe the videos coming out at the RC this year.

We may just have an influx of new members here!!!

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

The follow-up video

CO16 E 26 No16 1

speaks about "more than 15 years of disfellowshipment", with her having two children in the meantime.

How despicable for the parents not to see their child, nor have any contact with the grandchildren.

Would Jesus accept that behavior of Pharisees or Scribes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit