New Shunning Video - RC 2016
Thanks for sharing.
Dad tells his daughter she can't live in the house anymore, yet they still spin it as her fault.
At least they are admitting that parents refusing to be in contact with their own children are causing a lot of pain.
I hope this video will go as viral as the anti gay one....but probably it won't..
Seriously, this inappropriate video needs to be shown to authorities.
The propaganda and manipulation in this simply defies logic...
Comparing it to AAron's time? Huh?
What did the girl do that was so destructive to anyone else?
She was NOT a minor.
Showing her life "falling apart" was manipulative..
Thank you Wifi for posting this.
This is by far one of the sickest videos they have produced. The dirty looks while her DF'ing was announced and the public humiliation really shows the disgusting behavior of this sick cult.
Then the scene of her calling her parents and them not picking up. This is YOUR child you assh*les. UNBELIEVABLE!
I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be able to treat my children this way. Never!
I am disgusted and glad our family is OUT!
The bullying and blackmail is sad! Did I mention disgusting?
The myths this video perpetuates:
1. That only 'strident' wrongdoers are df'd. If they didn't think you cried enough, or maybe you cried too much, you are out.
Also, if you meet with them and confess, but later go back and confess more, you are out.
Heard this more than once.
2. All families cut off all ties. The fact that they put out this manipulative video proves otherwise.
3. That shunning, refusing to speak one word to your son or daughter, will make them see the light.
Instead of seeing shunning as a matter that is debatable and up to each family, they frame it as loyalty to Jehovah.
Instead, it is blindly following the dictates of 7 men in Brooklyn, and ignoring the proddings of your own conscience, your parental obligation.
Don't we all know someone who has committed suicide, or attempted it, due to shunning?
Lets review, its a cult
What if she was calling because she was in a serious accident and needed help?!
My mouth is literally open sitting here trying to place this. Its ballsy. Really ballsy. I can't imagine anyone not a JW seeing this, and being ok with it. Its way off the reservation. It tells me those in charge are not evil, just true believers to the point of delusion.
The points that will be "gleaned" from this are the following.
- If you have a child disfellowshipped, if they are not a minor they should not be in your home.
- The person disfellowshipped wrongs others because of their hurt feelings. You left Jehovah, now I have to shun you, and its your fault.
- Humiliation is fine
- Disfellowshipping is merciful......before you would just be killed.
- Even the most basic contact, will make them thing they don't have to come back....adn the DF'd person knows this. (don't even answer their phone calls).
How in a free society, can this be something ADVOCATED PUBLICLY, without consequence.
So basically they are admitting that people come back because they want to be with their family. Not because it's the "truth". It's coercion which they actively promote in their literature and videos like this.