New Shunning Video - RC 2016

by wifibandit 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Would Jesus do this NO , all because she had sex with a boy, oh my.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Disgusting video that screams "cult".

I hope the authorities see this.

• TheListener
    TheListener

That was a disgusting video

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Disgusting... Should be reported to authorities...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Can't they see this shunning crap just makes people run back to their families because they are lonely, homeless or miserable. Not because they love the religion. Is that what they want? People who just want their family back? People who are just faking it?

• done4good
    done4good

When I left 10+ years ago I would have used the following adjectives and descriptive phrases to describe the WT:

- Delusional

- Out of touch

- Idealist

- Naive

- A few others that fit this pattern

Today, I would use the following to describe them:

- Sick

- Manipulative

- Hateful

- Heartless

- Evil

Somehow, I knew better than to watch this video, however since I could intuitively see it was affecting some posters that are typically quite sanguine to become much less so, I thought it might be important to see how far off the mark the WTS might be with this one. I figured at ~3 minutes or so I could get through it.

I was terribly mistaken. At ~1:30 I threw my headset off and closed the browser session in disgust.

Truly the sickest single piece of propaganda I have seen the WTS, (or any religious organization for that matter), ever produce.

d4g

• sir82
    sir82

Truly the sickest single piece of propaganda I have seen the WTS, (or any religious organization for that matter), ever produce.

I keep asking myself....

Between the paranoid bunker videos and crap like this video, how are they going to top it next year?

• Dagney
    Dagney

As much as I hate this revolting video, I'm glad they are making these and putting them out there for the world to see.

With all the video out there on Scientology, and the TV series "The Path," now all can see how JW's are truly a cult..it is no stretch.

Keep it up Watchtower! Good job!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

They will alternate Carrot & Stick. This year is a "Stick" year.

Next year they'll trot out the "Brotherhood" or "Paradise" to bait people along. #BestLifeEver

2018? Back to Stick.

• sir82
    sir82

They will alternate Carrot & Stick. This year is a "Stick" year.

Maybe. Last year was all about Jesus & miracles & such.

On the other hand - I think they will get a few thousand letters from the most ardent of their followers expressing their enrapturous adulation at how wonderfully wonderful the bunker videos are, stoking their egos, and they will be unable to resist the temptation to ratchet up the fear/paranoia for the following year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit