Stupidest thing a JW ever told you

by Nosferatu 193 Replies latest jw friends

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    you may also know the gorilla Koko, that use sing language. These experiments have demonstrated that these animals are conscious beings, ans have emphaty to some degree.

I got a book out of the library on this when I was about 17. I left it at my friends house who's dad was an elder. The guy pulled my dad into the backroom and produced the book. He told my dad this was a prime example of why he considered me to be bad association for his daughter.

• Disheartened
    Disheartened

Here's yet ANOTHER stupid one I thought of:

I was told that when god resurrects people in the so-called "new system", people won't look the same as they did before they died. When I asked why, I was given the example of how when Jesus was resurrected, he took on a different body and looked totally different than before. Ok; great. Now how am I supposed to recognize anyone? By their personalities, or their mannerisms or certain things that they say. I was told this by an elder.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I was told that when god resurrects people in the so-called "new system", people won't look the same as they did before they died.

I heard this one as well. However, when we see them, we'll automatically know it's them.

• paterfamilias
    paterfamilias

I once had an elder tell me that when someone refrains from commenting at meetings, he's pleasing Satan.

• Prudence
    Prudence

An elder conducting the wt said ,"If you don't comment you might as well just stay home."

But, he wouldn't call on a lot of people that raised their hands for just about every question. So, I guess they should have not gone.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

2 things immediately spring to my mind - 1) When I was at Bethel, I loved to go into the Bethel Library and read; but once my Moonie Android husband found me in there, I never got to go again; he said " the sisters can't go in the library because it distracts the unmarried brothers." What a goon.

The other thing was an older sister, when I asked her if she wanted to sign a get well card for a dear one who was in the hospital, she got that superior, reproving attitude and tone of voice, and said, "In the KINGDOM HALL?!!"

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Now # 1 would have to be

"that the generation of 1914 will not pass away."

• thekellyhome2002
    thekellyhome2002

I was told that I would be sick wether I was home in bed or at the KH. So if I choose to stay home instead of coming to the KH, I obviously was not a good JW.

• shamus
    shamus

I have some real belly laughs right now about how not commenting is pleasing satan. OMG, that is too stupid....

I will read the others later when at work.

I was told that the Simpsons were demonic.

• micheal
    micheal

I was told the reason some JW parents are verbally abusive towards their children was because they are targets of Satan, thus the pressure satan puts on "god's people" forces them to be verbally abusive to their children.

I kid you not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit