Stupidest thing a JW ever told you

by Nosferatu 193 Replies latest jw friends

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

This great advice came from a CO. My hubby and I were struggling making a living attending the "school of hard knocks" (starting from the bottom), as a result things were hard for us money wise. Well anyway the CO found out that we had a 30 year mortgage on our house. The wise advice that he gave us to help us with our tight money situation was to pay the mortgage off then we wouldn't have a mortgage payment on our house. Yeah right, this dude didn't have a clue, here we were barely surviving and we were suppose to come up thousands of dollars to pay off our house so we wouldn't have a mortgage payment (when I was lucky to have a few dollars in my purse). By the way, the mortgage payment on our house at the time was cheaper than anything we could rent, which I informed him. What is it with jws and 30 year mortgages? It was also brought out during a Sunday public talk were it was stated that it wasn't wise to have a 30 year mortgage. After the meeting this older sister who was sitting pretty with a nice house, thought that was great advice. Talk about sticking you nose into something that isn't your business.

Hapgood

• shotgun
    shotgun

Recently a C.O ststed from the stage we should not be participating in sports where we need to use our conscience to decide if we should particpte or not.

Like Hockey and other sports which will not be in the new system...saying something like that in Canada could cause the whole country to da themselves.

Then he said the counsel is clear in the society publications and we should not rely on our own conscience for most matters.

I asked an elder after the meeting if I still needed my bible trained conscience or not?

• Mary
    Mary

"We never said Armageddon was coming in '75."

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

You shouldn't be driving a rusty car to the kingdom hall because it would detract from the appearance of the hall.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    You shouldn't be driving a rusty car to the kingdom hall because it would detract from the appearance of the hall.

Sounds like they were offering to buy you a new car. Did you accept?

• Odrade
    Odrade

The conductor announced at the bookstudy that "If you don't comment at the meetings you are making Satan happy." Never mind how he feels about you being at the meetings. Ha! I think that was the last bookstudy we ever went to.

• micheal
    micheal

1. Smoking pot opens your minds to the demons

2. Taking out RRSP's is showing a total lack of faith in the new system ( Thank gawd I didn't listen to that one )

3. You must buy a 4 door vehicle no matter what kind of deal you could have had on a 2 door

4. Everything in the watchtower is from Jehoavh ( But of course we don't put the Bible and Wt on the same plain, yeah right )

• Undecided
    Undecided

My aunt said to me one day in my driveway,"We need the organization." For what I wondered?

Ken P.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Taking out RRSP's is showing a total lack of faith in the new system

What's an RRSP, Michael? Is that a Canadian thing?

(I'm guessing it has something to do with retirement?)

• glitter
    glitter

"Well how do you know England even existed 2,000 years ago?"

"If you miss even one meeting, you're as good as dead."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit