It's a shame isn't it?

by freddo 77 Replies latest jw friends

• caves
    caves

I would fit into the "to wrapped up in many epiphanys about the borg" to debate politics. So here my energy goes to confronting my mind on those issues and finding common ground with others in that regard and un-fu#%ing myself.

I learned pretty early on here that I need to take care of that first. Though it is tempting to engage, its not personally healthy for me. What is healthier for me is reading them and looking up things, drawing from my own experiences and let things process in my mind. I also just my be the sort of person that cant ... but who knows what the future holds on that for me.

So this is how I see it. If I come on a site looking for say, Jazz, Blues, and Classical music. I can clearly see the Stations to choose from. I see some Stations are not playing that music. So its up to me to click on the Stations that Im wanting to listen to ....OR.... I could click on a say Hard rock Station and complain that they are not playing Classical. Then I get what I get. .... Or/ and I could just read them, like right now and see what I can learn.

Ive got plenty of opinions that I could vocalize in regards politics but I realize that Im Superior to all you loudmouth right , left , middle shit asses and it would go over your head so I just watch you all play with each other. JUST KIDDING!!!!! I jest.

Really I just want to my interactions to as peaceful as possible while learning and growing.

Amiable A- Im 15 min in The Alex O'Conner video. Thanks, Im digging it so far.

• LV101
    LV101

I appreciate the views of those who choose to participate politically on this great forum but one can certainly choose their topics and click the next number at the top or bottom of the page. We certainly learn much from others and need to try to accept/understand all views.

It's a bullying tactic insinuating one left the JW cult (some of us were never really considered JWs!) and transfer and race into a political party. It's very important and responsible to be concerned re/our constitution, tax money and country. We don't follow the cult Watchtower's mind washing mantra how bad the government/politics/everything (can't be a member of society) and recognize we need to care about our cities/states/country and the welfare of it's citizens -- and the world! WT makes our decent politicians and the good aspects of our government look good. Many of us have had too many family members fight for the freedoms we have in this country and feel it's worth protecting until there's a better way. Without real journalism we need to discuss and draw proper conclusions -- politics are much like we thought JWs had the truth. We were clueless and under mind control wanting a fairy-tale world thus the JW religion won either our hearts or our families -- all fake. Many are party-affiliated even as JWs -- (they try to contain themselves) but have they researched the issues/parties/flipped the familiar news stations or just following in ma/pa/Granny's footsteps or wishing for government fantasies like their ex-religion.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

This may be one of those threads' or discussions that rises to the Classic or Must Read category.

Goes to show that Cults produce addictions or dependency to those very controls and tactics that Cults employ to assure Obedience and Compliance in thought and deed.

Politics have become High Control Cults who make use of techniques not too dissimilar to those utilized by the WTBorg Cult Inc. Breaking free (truly free) of a Cult can be a life long process. Its tentacles go very deep into the mind and the psyche. An outworking of those tentacles is frequently anger and bullying behavior.

But, there is hope. An awakening will occur given enough time. Unless it is resisted from within.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Goes to show that Cults produce addictions or dependency to those very controls and tactics that Cults employ to assure Obedience and Compliance in thought and deed.
    Politics have become High Control Cults who make use of techniques not too dissimilar to those utilized by the WTBorg Cult Inc. Breaking free (truly free) of a Cult can be a life long process. Its tentacles go very deep into the mind and the psyche. An outworking of those tentacles is frequently anger and bullying behavior.

Ok there we go... Morphs law!

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

This thread will not result in Kavanaugh being removed from the supreme court... nor will it provide any evidence that Blasey-Ford isn't a confused and/or lying woman who deserves to be believed.

This entire thread seems to be a tantrum based on the fact that what someone wanted to happen didn't happen.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I could feel it coming... almost taste it in the air... It was like a zit right under the skin. It was there in the OP, hidden, festering. Took a few pages for it to pop out.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

The Desperate Left and the Righteous Right are both flawed, unfortunately.

Their abilities to influence the Emotionally Crippled Masses are cleverness personified.

A Cult Fragmented Mind is particularly vulnerable to the steady stream of daily reinforced baloney which emanates forth from The District of Criminals.

Long Live The Illustrious Trumpster and the Novus Sumpreme Kavanaugh!

• amicabl
    amicabl

This thread should be good for another two hundred posts yet.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Old Navy:

And the Reckless Red Donkey flies south over the lake of cheese and croutons...

Also, what the fork are you talking about?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Navy, i dont disagree in principle that both sides are interested their own preservation and power above all else. But its trite and worn, on this forum at least, to use the cult as the excuse for political interest. Millions of people who never heard of jw’s are politically minded.

Dont be intellectually lazy.

We care because we have reasoned and have a view because of that reason. If your conclusions are different then lets talk. In liu of that, playing the cult card gets you no points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit