It's a shame isn't it?

by freddo 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Flipper: you are the perfect example - you post racist crap and when challenged on it you claim you're being attacked and misunderstood. When asked to clarify what you mean you dance around refusing to answer. Now you resort to the worn out "OMG - Trump Supporter !" as though that passes for any kind of argument.

Again, a tip: learn about the issues so you can debate the actual points. Don't just blindly repeat the soundbites and insults that your leaders have indoctrinated you to repeat. You might then be taken more seriously and not look like a hack.

Don't expect to "throw a grenade" in comment terms and then saunter off, hands in pockets, claiming that even the act of someone replying to you and disagreeing with something is somehow unfair.

• flipper
    flipper

SIMON- Well, I guess you proved my point when I stated " Stay tuned after my post to see how this comment is responded to . " Considering the fact that you seem to think all Democrats are dumb fucks and not worth arguing with, you've proved the point of Freddo's thread in your last post. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Simon
    Simon
    I guess you proved my point when I stated " Stay tuned after my post to see how this comment is responded to.

LOL, oh noes, such a dastardly trick! "if anyone replies then they lose the argument, bwa ha ha"

Sorry, I don't find your lack of any argument compelling.

Considering the fact that you seem to think all Democrats are dumb fucks and not worth arguing with, you've proved the point of Freddo's thread in your last post.

Not at all. I think you read things that aren't posted. I have never said that "all democrats are dumb fucks" but the people who have been trying to undermine democratic processes and basic principles of law certainly are IMO and I think many people have the same view based on the latest Kavanaugh confirmation hearing. The extreme left and the ones who support them are stupid, but then so are the ones on the extreme right. See - I don't find it at all hard to condemn all those who should be condemned, why should I?

This is now a perfect example of your inability to engage in a civil and sensible discussion. You read things that haven't been said and then respond with childish claims of "I won because someone replied!!!". You know that is not how a discussion forum works ... right?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Labelling is, IMHO, the biggest cause of discord on discussion forums. My BIL recently berated me because I'm an EU leaver.."How can you cast your vote along with Boris Johnson"? he exclaimed. Grouping at its worst IMHO.

There is an expression that covers it: Dicto Simpliciter Fallacy

• just fine
    just fine

I don’t think it’s a shame to voice opinions and debate others on topics that we are passionate about. I don’t usually wade into those political discussions if it’s not something I care about.

Debating and having discussions gives me an opportunity to form an opinion, enforce an opinion or disregard an opinion. If someone on an anonymous discussion board is mean to me - I don’t let it ruin my day. Some people enjoy heated debates so I leave them to it - people don’t have to change to suit me.

• Simon
    Simon

Worth noting: neither freddo or flipper have pointed to examples of the things they claim. This happens a lot with certain people - they complain about something but never seem able to provide any examples. If their claims were true, they would only require a link. Note, I said a link, so people can read for themselves, not a carefully edited quote taken out of context.

Time to put up or shut up guys because these smear tactics are getting pretty old and pretty boring. I know if you're way over on the left, this is how you think things work. But it isn't. Not here.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Just like the exjw journey, the experience will be different for everyone. We have debated, fought and argued about type of activism, protesting, online Exjw personalities, how to leave, when to leave, why to leave, becoming atheist after, staying a Christian after.... it goes on and on.

A little political banter between us hardly seems a stretch or inappropriate for this forum. Still, I see many have “liked” the OP.

• flipper
    flipper

Quote from Simon - " If their claims were true, they would only require a link " .

That's a false statement. I've supplied many links, you tubes that were reasonable and you've shot them down as " uneducated, misinformed, or stupid " .

So you are accusing others here of using smear tactics - aren't you doing the same thing?

When I post a link that proves my point you are saying it's " out of context " . When YOU post a link it's always " totally believable " . Isn't that the reality of what we are dealing with here? You're willing to cast stones at people that disagree with your comments, because in the end - you always consider your own views correct and not in error . You cannot admit fault. Am I correct ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Simon
    Simon
    That's a false statement. I've supplied many links, you tubes that were reasonable and you've shot them down as " uneducated, misinformed, or stupid " .

A link to evidence of the accusation you tool. Posting a link to a YouTube video isn't proof of anything, other than the YouTube exists. It may contain a compelling argument of something or it may be some moron claiming that Big Foot is real (and yes, if it's crap then people can dispute it). But it is zero evidence that *I* or anyone else has posted something on this forum with the content you are claiming.

You know what would be evidence of something specific being posted? ... a link, to something that has been posted!

So you are accusing others here of using smear tactics - aren't you doing the same thing?

See how I posted an explanation (as if one were needed) showing the weakness of your claim? That's what winning an argument by using reason looks like. You can't just repeatedly claim you won and the other person is wrong.

You're willing to cast stones at people that disagree with your comments, because in the end - you always consider your own views correct and not in error . You cannot admit fault. Am I correct ?

It's not casting stones to call out false arguments and let's be clear here - YOU are the one that started with accusations. I'm willing to change my mind if someone convinces me that I'm wrong. I don't think you're capable of having a reasoned, logical and evidence-based debate that would lead to that happening.

• stillin
    stillin

Aw, come on Simon! Don't chase Flipper away!

Anyhow, isn't it time to say "snowflake?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit