It's a shame isn't it?

by freddo 77 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Does it require the use of the word “cult”? Or the simple equation of libratarian/conservative views to JWS?

Note: I see he didn’t explicitly say that, but implied it. (The old - they just left JWs and come here and get XYZ)

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

24 likes 6 dislikes

The mob has spoken.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Note: I see he didn’t explicitly say that, but implied it. (The old - they just left JWs and come here and get XYZ

After consultation with the morphs law comittee, a ruling was issued that reflected your remark above. It was close, but not quite enough for a morphs law declaration.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@_Morph:

I will abide by the committee’s decree, of course. Let’s see where the thread goes.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well, aparently a mob said something and we are supposed to care, although no direction was given me as to how im supposed to care, so im not sure where to show up with my pitch fork and torch. The thread may be dead....

• steve2
    steve2

Where's Freddo?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Great thoughts from everyone. I believe in overlapping made the most interesting point, that we shouldn't baby new ex-JWs especially the young ones like himself. He wouldn't think about any of these political subjects without heated debates and name-calling to attract his attention. He would just stay ignorant.

Group hug?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Freddo said, "...this forum, which is such an amazing resource for those needing support for their journey from Watchtower's clutches has an increasingly present representation of unreasoning politically charged loudmouths."

You need to work on your self-esteem, pal. I don't think you're an unreasoning politically charged loudmouth -- yet.

Why not name names and/or ideologies that you find especially threatening to your delicate world view?

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist
    Simon I think the healthy approach is to [...] look critically at anything, even the things you were certain of.

Why smart people believe silly things — by Alex O'Connor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0TOG_bDrUY

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Why not name names and/or ideologies that you find especially threatening to your delicate world view?

I find one and all "archs" (monarchs, oligarchs, etc.) to be suspect and believe I'm currently suffering from a "crisis of confidence" in any so called leaders in society. I think it's due to mega MAGA-PTSD syndrome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit