by frenchbabyface 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pinoy
    pinoy

Sixofnine

You just quoted the bible

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    You just quoted the bible

To quote the great philosopher and debater Dr. John Watson: "no shit, Sherlock".

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I won't preach for any religion or book as far as I'm not sure of what I'm talking about and what the fruits of this religion or book ... IN DOING THAT we are as much RESPONSIBLE of THOSE who CREATED/WRITTEN THEM.

For now, I just need to get involved in associations who are really helping people (ALL OVER THE WORLD WHOEVER THEY ARE) ...

• logical
    logical
    In the middle ages, people were burn on the stakes because they owned a bible.

Yeah, in case people realise what they were being taught by religions was total bullshit and educated people..... anyone with half a brain reading the bible will realise the bible is not what bible worshippers claim it to be.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Nobody will be able to answer these questions to satisfy everybody.

Personaly I want to believe in the Bible as Gods Word. I want to believe that Jezus sacrificed himself for all humans. But I do believe that a lot, written in the Bible, is just the work of Humans - not inspired.
    In a way like parents, telling their children a story as a warning or to make something more clear....... Jesus did the same as an example.

The Bible is a historical book also, telling the history of the Jewish tribes. No book has been subject for research as much as the Bible - and a lot has been found historical true.

There will always be questions why....
    Why did God allow so much disorder and pain and so on.
    I don't have the answers either.

I read somewhere:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent
    Is God able but not willing ? Then he is malevolent
    Is he able both and willing ? then whence cometh evil ?
    Is he neither able not willing ? then why call him God

An apology for the devil, it must be remembered tat we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.

A religion is sometimes a sorce of happiness. but it is a comfort appropriated for the weak, not for the strong. the great trouble with religion, any religion is that a religionist, having accepted certain propositions by faith, cannot thereafter judge those propositions by evidence. One may bask at the warm fire of faith or choose to live in the bleak uncertainty of reason but you cannot have both.

For me it is a bit like rope-dancing, searching my way. My guidance are the ten commitments.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

French..The next step is to get the answers for the inconsistancies and changing theology in the compilation we call the Bible. Learn how the Jewish priests utilized ancient legends and mythologies to create a glorious history for their people, while ensuring a place for the priesthood. This was a process done in phases. This explains the changing theology and contradictions. Get a good book about secular scholarship's view of the Bible. I am not sure what is available in French, but I am sure they exist.

• mizpah
    mizpah

Isn't it strange how some end up having as much faith in "secular scholarship" as a Christian has faith in the Bible?

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

hmmm, you should all take the time to do a little research on the bible stories. you will be shocked to find out that many of them were simply taken from ancient egyptian and other stories of their gods. nothing original here. then they were manipulated into politics and a society of patirarchs. surely jesus did exist and had many good teachings for us, as did others, but unfortunately, his were manipulated into something else. one part of that something else, is what many of us have come to the sad realization of as being false. too bad, after we had aligned our lives to it only to find out it didn't float.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

To Pinoy : sorry for the little missunderstanding about Luther instead of el Luther To Red Witch :

you will be shocked to find out that many of them were simply taken from ancient egyptian and other stories of their gods. nothing original here.

can you give me more information about that ? PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE by the way have heard when I was JW that they were feeling the bible were telling the truth because lots of different cultures were talking about almost the same kind of story ... at that time I didn't think that actually it could either saying the inverse ...

• heianderen
    heianderen

I agree with you, sometimes I miss "God", but the moral quality of Jehovah as is pictured by the Bible is lower than today standards, reflecting what He really was, the tribal war god of Israel.

I'm sorry for those that still belive in the bible as the word of god, if this that I'm saying hurts them, but if you drop the axiom "the bible is a monolith, present a coherent thelogical framework" you will see It merely reflects the evolution of the Israel's spirituality, and how they receive the influence of the nations around them. At first they don't believe in an inmortal soul, after they had contact with helenism, and zoroastrism, they started to believe in an inmortal soul, heaven and hell, satan, final judgement, etc... the first enemy of Israel wasn't Satan, who is absent in the first books of the bible (that the snake Is satan is an ad hoc conclusion), were the other nations.

Chistianity is just another pagan religion, just another version of the obiquos mythos. I doubt even there was an historical Jesus. The first christians were semi-gnostics, as Paul (not all the epistoles ascribed to Paul, were written by him, those were writtem by him, reflect that Paul was a gnostic, the letters don't have any REAL mention of a historical Jesus, is just a spiritual Christ, another God-saviour like the others, Mithras, Orpheus, Isis, Atis, Dyonisious, that exist in a spiritual plane, and dies in a spitritual plane, is just another Sun of God) The Gospels were written after, and carnalized Chist. (I think to the benefit of Rome)

And a long etc... (I've been doing research for several years)

I think that the informed people will be eventualy dropping this believe in the bible... (Scientific progress is similar, when a new theory emerges, and it's proved plausible, and more comprensive, only when the last of the former paradigm suporters dies It is fully accepted) The bible had has it's time.... but now is the time to look forward......

Personaly, I can't accept the existence of a personal God, in the traditional sense. Maybe Freud was right, when he said that is merely our longing for a Big Father, who takes the role of our father in our childhood, that creates God. But still there is the mistery of existence.... (Big Bang theory is mathematically exact, but a too far reaching extrapolation, whith unknown primogenial states of matter that haven't been observed, I think that this is also a myth, and today scientific stablishment has become to conservative and dogmatic) I think that in our concept of time and casuality lies the problem to understand existece

Life is so mysterious

_Heianderen_

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit