if you still believe in the bible ... please tell me why

by frenchbabyface 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well I'm glad, that's for now nobody told me : don't spit on my holy bible ... So NOW I'm not alone anymore ... THANKS to all of you

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

Hello great post ! Welcome . to me the bible really doesnt make a lot of sense when taken on a whole . too many weird storys , too many Inconsistent themes , characters and the most inconsistent almighty god. The thing that really made me reconsider a belief based on the bible , was the passage where she bears tore children to shreds for disrespecting and old mans grey hair ( it doesn’t matter to me who he was in this context) really sick man , such a loving god doing away with children in such a way. But that is just one of my many issues with the book.

Thats my .02

NwS

• logical
    logical

Humans have this desire to need things written down. Having it written down gives them a solid base. The problem with the Bible is, that once upon a time it was accurate. However throughout history, as far back as before Christ, they changed, added, deleted from what was given to them. Why? To excuse their evils. it happened thousands of years ago, it happens now (the bible is nowhere near accurate, and in non religious terms look at the Iraq Dossier)

If they alter stuff in scripture and other people know no better then they can do evils with no fear of commupance and no scratch on their consience.... then others think this is the way to behave, and they copy the behaviour. No wonder Christ was so annoyed with hte Jewish leaders as they had strayed so far away from the real truth about God being a God of love, mercy, and turned him into a God of judgement and punishment, a God of condemnation. Much like the Watchtower have done.

The Watchtower are guilty of the same things, they have added / deleted / altered bible verses that may or may not be scriptures, to further their own messed up teachings.

The Bible was compiled by a corrupt religion to get control over the masses through fear. A lot of the Bible is not even scripture, and what of it is scripture is not 100% acurate. Why else was there the need for the law to be written on the HEARTS? The one place where it cant be altered by wicked imposters.

• berylblue
    berylblue

bttt

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

babyface,

Although you may have fractured the english words........your message was clear as crystal.

The bible is held in reverence for one simple reason.......TRADITION, tradition, tradition.

In fact some 'true believer's' do not even recognize their own circular reasoning. 'The bible tells me so'.....is the mantra that must be repeated at every opportunity.

'Let us turn to Rev. 21:3 and 4'......'turn with me to'........ 'follow along with me'..........'read along with me'.....'open your bibles to'.......

It is almost like a trance descends on the believer, he/she will now read god's own thoughts, never mind the words read....just read them, who cares if they make no sense or have any solid basis in common sense. The Bible is Holy!

Who was the first guy to get that rumor started?

Danny

• KGB
    KGB

I believe that the bible is true because I believe that God is real and that Jesus did die on the cross for you and for me. Because I love God with all my heart, mind and soul and I love Jesus for what he did for me. There never has been another person who has done for me that Jesus did. I think that the bible is the wonderful word of The Lord..

• rem
    rem
    I believe that the bible is true because I believe that God is real and that Jesus did die on the cross for you and for me

Classic circular reasoning. Almost comical.

rem

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

Hey rem I think we have really close birthdays are you a scorpio too.

75 was a great year

weird stuff

NwS

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I sometimes miss Jah ... but he is now looking like a dream ... I still would like to be abble to find out that God does exist (it would be so confortable) ... But nothing helps me in this matter.

Thanks to all of you

Corinne

• chasson
    chasson

Corinne: I still would like to be abble to find out that God does exist (it would be so confortable) ... But nothing helps me in this matter. It take times to change our mind. it take me two years to stop believe in the Bible as God's word and to understand what the evolution is, but during this two years i still had the feeling of God's presence and existence. The big difficulty for me, was and is death. Bye Charles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit