if you still believe in the bible ... please tell me why

by frenchbabyface 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chasson
    chasson

Corinne: I still would like to be abble to find out that God does exist (it would be so confortable) ... But nothing helps me in this matter.

It take times to change our mind.

it take me two years to stop believe in the Bible as God's word and to understand what the evolution is, but during this two years i still had the feeling of God's presence and existence.

The big difficulty for me, was and is death.

Bye

Charles

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The big difficulty for me, was and is death.

Yep... I think the fear of one's own mortality (necrophobia?) is the primary driving force behind a belief in god.

• KGB
    KGB

REM,

I really don't care what you think my reasoning is and I don't really care how you think my reasoning comes about, so if you think for a single moment that you are raising my hairs ? Well guess again. I personally think your a very disgusting individual and I am surprised that by your personal attacks to those who do believe in God only shows the real person that you are and that someone has not come up to you and knocked your head off. I personally do not wish for that against you but am merely surprised.

So go ahead and say all the things you wish against what I and many other people believe because it only gives you your little bit of self pleasure as I am sure that self pleasure is all you do get out of life as I cannot believe that anyone else could please your little insufficient mind..God Bless you REM son you need prayer so that is what I will do for you...OH and by the way ! Your actions are of a little child why don't you grow up !!!!!!!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi frenchbabyface, I love to see people think instead of ignoring and accepting...basically turning off their brain.

All the points you mentioned I've thought of and wondered about, when I read the bible I see more carnage and bloodshed than a loving God would sanction.

Why would a loving God allow Elisha to have two she bears rip 40 odd children to shreds for calling him a baldie. For f-----sakes later on the counsel is turn the other cheek. Why would a child be held responsible for childish actions.

As for everything else that I used to accept without question...all bets are off....sometimes I wonder how or why the creator of the Universe would create insignificant humans in a longing for worship. Solomon would call that vanity I think. .....just had to duck a lightning bolt missed me.

To me it would be like having an ant farm in a aquarium.....it would not take too long before you want to squish the little buggers because they get out and wreak havoc.

I want to believe the bible is true and all that it entails but as you point out baby there are some things that can't be reconciled.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hey KGB I'd hate to see what you do to someone who gets your hair up?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

KGB, I don't see this "personal attack" by rem... all he pointed out was "circular reasoning." You, on the other hand, told him he's a "disgusting individual."

rem is correct when he says it is circular to use the bible as proof of the Christian god. "I believe in god because the bible says he is the almighty creator. I believe in the bible because it is written by god." This is not meant to be an attack, but it shows circular reasoning. I'm sure you have other reasons why you believe in god.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

FrenchFry (I call ya french fry, cuz if that's your real picture, you're a HOTTIE)

Anyhow,

I believe in the spiritual truths of the bible, though it's not a history book or science book.

Having said that, I'll tackle just two of your questions, as I could understand all of it...by the way, your english is WAY BETTER than my French.

The part about God visiting the iniquities of the father on his children...this just shows the true nature of sin...it contaminates not just the individual, but all around. If my sin is wife beating...this affects my kids...and their kids, and their kids...a LOT.

Same with over drinking/drug use others are affected. The affects of sin are communal in nature just as man is a social creature.

"My God My God, why have you forsaken me. This is the 22 Psalm, JESUS was PRAYING that Psalm, as Jews do to this day...as a symbol of hope against seemingly overwheming circumstances.

Sorry your life has been so tainted by the Society. Give it some time...and then try reading the bible with fresh eyes. I think you might have traded you rose colored Jehovah Witness view of the world to the dark sunglasses of cynicism.

• KGB
    KGB

Dr.

My words here go way further than just this post, and I did not mean for that to come on as a personal attack but against all who still believe in God. And if you go back to past post you will find that he (REM) does quite frequently attack those who do believe. I personally could not give a darn what REM thinks about my belief in God, but it seems everytime this guy makes a post it is merely to insult ones integrity...Sorry if my post came off any differently....

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

my son and I was talking about it a few days ago. One of our conclusions was that god maybe died and that we are all (everything not only humans maybe) a bit of his spirit ... OH WELL ... but if you think about it, it may could say that this spirit is falling appart everyday (if God is abble to die - we are supposed to die either) I means : This is the beginning of the end ... A WHOLE STORY ... LOL . and what about ALIENS using us as cobays ... so much possibities ...

This is a lyric of enigma I'd like to share with you all :

Love – Devotion

Feeling – Emotion

Don’t be afraid to be weak

Don’t be to proud to be strong

Just look into your heart my friend

That will be the return to yourself
    The return to innocence

If you want, then start to laugh

If you must, then start to cry

Be yourself don’t hide

Just believe in destiny (OOPS !)

Don’t care what people say

Just follow your own way
    Don’t give up and use the chance
    To return to innocence

That’s not the beginning of the end

That’s the return to yourself
    The return to innocence ( THE END)

I'd like to be a child again just because of that kind of spirit ... but it became so hard to be a child in this world ... I'd rather die ! That's why I don't feel like to have another one ... I may adopt one or two in the near future if they allow a single woman to do it (French government are so stupid about rules of adoption ! gays and single stars have the right to adopt, but not singles)

by the way, I've got nothing against gays (when it's about true love) ... so what ? can you fight against love ... I guess not

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Man, you touch on a lot of questions I have. Goin' back and looking for info on just how the Bible got to be in the first place. How-what decided the books in and the books out. While a JW it was impossible to get a satisfactory answer other than inspiration for the final canon closure. I mean, it does seem like there is more than one personality being the God of the Bible. It does seem like contradictions exist. Because of the odds involved in setting up a universe like ours it seems something directed it if not actually created it. I sometimes wonder if different powers have had the claim to godship depending on who had the upper hand. I hope there is one God (and he's just given us everything we need for now even if it seems unfair and unbalanced.) Faith is what I need, I guess. I find solace and encouragement from Ray's words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit