if you still believe in the bible ... please tell me why

by frenchbabyface 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

I am also sorry that the Society has destroyed your faith in God. I believe God exists, the Bible was at some point accurate, and I will live by it. I also do believe that it has been changed over the years, edited, added, and cut off. But, God will know that I was trying to keep his Word, and it is not my problem that the Bible has been changed throughout the years. Those people who modified it will be judged for it when their time comes (or already came). Anyways, I don't believe there is no purpose to our existence, or that we are the product of evolution. Just look outside your window and you will see how God's creation is so perfect. Look at your body, and tell me if you believe it was made by coincidence, or if it is so perfectly designed that you know there had to be some external power involved. Also, tell me about death, do you believe we just die and that is the end of it? It's a weird way of thinking. In my opinion, people just try to either make God in the way they want him to be, like the Society, or totally deny him, so they can live in any way they want without remorse. The former seems to be the case in this post, many people whose faith in God was destroyed by a Society who wanted their faith placed in them. God bless you all, and I hope He brings you into the truth. - CA

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

By the way, I am totally against homosexual relationships. It doesn't matter whether its love or lust. God disapproves it.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

I will tell you what is perplexing.....WHY must bible believer's almost without fail, aquait the rejection of the bible as the inspired word of God, with rejection of God himself?????????

This tendancy is rampant, it is almost a given that when one questions the authenticity of the bible's claim, true believers will ASSUME the questioner is a fire breathing, satanic, evil, sin loving, athiest.

This smacks so of self righteous indignation, that it just confirms how gullible the majority of 'the sheep' really are.

Get a clue true believers.....not everyone who rejects the bible, is an athiest.

Danny

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

If you reject God's Word, aren't you rejecting God Himself? Or are you going to believe in God according to how you think you should believe in him, without the Bible as a guideline? You may believe in God, but do you have faith in him? Even demons believe in God.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The bible is not Gods word, and how blasphemous to say that it is! It's not as if you're a blind deaf and dumb JW, who has to believe the bible is from god anymore. So cut the shit or god'll kill you old testament school. *prepares fatty offering for god to consume class avenger*

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Sixofnine, what do you believe to be God's Word then? Your mind, your conscience?

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

ClassAvenger,

Iam going to give it go.

Who told you it (the bible) is God's Word? When and how did you conclude that a conviction based on 'faith' could or should be considered A FACT?

There is not one single bit of evidence that the bible is what it claims to be. Only guesses, surmize, interpretations, and conjecture. Nothing solid, nothing that anyone who exercises common sense, or his/her reasoning abilities can point to, that proves that it is a message from God himself.

Now you can start spouting scripture, stories, history, as described in the bible.........but can't you see these have little to do with the real issue.....Inspired utterances from the creator himself, must stand on their own worth, simply because the author is who he is. Get it, there should be no question about his intent or meaning, there should be no ambiguity, no room for myriads of interpretations. If the bible is the work of god, it should resolve man's questions and anxieties. Instead it heaps coals of hatred, insights wars, strife of all sorts.

Atributing the bible to God, makes him part and parcel of the woes this man made compilation of 66 books has wrought on mankind for the last 2000 years.

If I were God.....I would make sure to have nothing to do with this book of derision and hate.

Danny

**** If you reject God's Word, aren't you rejecting God Himself?**** Can you see the circular reasoning in this question????????????

• DivineRepentance
    DivineRepentance

frenchbabyface,

the Bible has, in fact, been found to concur with many historical events. Many wars recorded in the Bible have been proven to have taken place by historical findings and scriptures non-related to the Bible. While some people might find my way of thinking incorrect, i stand by my belief that Jesus Christ lived, died for our sins, and resucitated after 3 days. I also believe that if u repent and confess all your sins to the Lord, he will forgive you. Although i cannot give you the faith that i have found, i can pray for you and your child to recieve the gift of salvation through Jesus. I do not know if u were once a JW but if u were, this might be the effect of having so many inconsistencies in the Watchtower organizatioin ONLY. The Bible is not at all inconsistent and "circular reasoning" fails to say that i believe in the Bible and in the Holy Trinity because i have been given faith and enough understanding. The matters of God are, in fact, complicated and this is where faith plays an important role. My faith has come to me through the witnessing of miracles and of the fact that i myself am a miracle. Many unexplained things happen but you never offer an explanation on them.

By the way, fear is also synonymous to "extreme reverence." So God does not want us to be afraid of him, he wanst us to show him reverence. God Bless you and your loved ones

• DivineRepentance
    DivineRepentance

dannybear,

the Bible does everything that you claim the word of God should do. It even goes as far as letting you have your own opinion!!!!! I find that to be increidibly amazing, dont you? The truth is noone is gonna force you to believe in the Bible, not even God himself (there's that own opinion thing again.) Many prophecies in the Bible are just beginning to take place, but are you even looking for all of those foretelling signs of the world's end?? Hard evidence is not only documents and written records.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

DanyBear

WHY must bible believer's almost without fail, aquait the rejection of the bible as the inspired word of God, with rejection of God himself?????????

---

If the bible is the work of god, it should resolve man's questions and anxieties. Instead it heaps coals of hatred, insights wars, strife of all sorts.

---

If I were God.....I would make sure to have nothing to do with this book of derision and hate.

I agree (and with many others of course)

The question is why do Christians 30 % in this world (how many are real ones) are thinking that only the bible could be God’s book … In knowing how Christians get those 30 % people to became Christians (100 years of war and … ooops ! So many others before and after) Lots of other religions could be God’s ones!!! 70 % are interested in something else YOU KNOW … OF COURSE I GUESS THAT WE OCCIDENTALS who are leading this world always KNOW and GOT THE TRUTH ?????… (Firsts will be latest … I like this verse)

You have maybe read the post : "Did you know ?" (for some reason a few people answered to it, do they feel bad about being so lucky in this world ?) WE’VE GOT A JOB HERE TO DO … instead of claiming that the bible is God’s holy Book, cause the paradise if far away from us !

I’m agnosticthe only thing I’m sure about is that everything is doubtful ! (religions and people)

If I would still believe in God, it would be one who apparently don’t interfere, just looking into everyone’s heart to find out how egoist or not they are (believers in God or not … cause I feel like this is not the point) the point is are you selfish or not … ? You can pray for everyone’s salvation if you don’t act for real in this world what are you doing in fact … hum? Claiming that you did, for your own salvation …

DivineRepentance

i myself am a miracle. Many unexplained things happen but you never offer an explanation on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit