the new understanding

by heathen 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chook
    Chook

They would of been better off forgetting the whole subject, instead like 1914 they persist with dribble and think everyone would be proud of the flickering light. If a publishers story changed so often during a JC they would be DF for lying. Imagine during JC you used the line new light. Just like King David it's good to be boss different set of rules.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The simple fact is the WTS has been teaching and preaching a tainted commercialized version of the Gospel to suit its needs as religious publishing house, doctrines were established upon that sole inherent endeavor and carried on to this day.

I think there is something in the bible that states to always test the spirit that one comes upon and to be watchful of false prophets.

1 John 4:1

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Overlapping hypocrisy. The hypocrisy of the present governing body overlaps with the hypocrisy of the past governing body.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Old doctrine (loosely) based on scriptures is the biggest hindrance Watchtower has to overcome when the calendar says they are wrong. They will invent any bullshit to do this. Reading over some of Freddy Franz' stuff, there is no real basis for 1975 and for the length of earth years given to a "creative day." He just invented bullshit that was more dazzling than the bullshit the current bunch came up with.

• heathen
    heathen

that's another thing they go around in circles on, finklestein , they try to convince everyone they are GODs spirit directed organization but then when wrong will insist they never said it , all this stuff about jehovahs chariot making lightening quick changes in direction and them keeping up , implies they are directed some how , if you are going to do this thing , interpretations belong to GOD and he is the one that inspires prophesy , plus the FDS dogma also implies some sort of hot line to GOD .. anyway , obvious they are wrong again on the generation

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Interlapping generation is not a new teaching but interlapping anointed is new now.

Could you quote a pre 2010 WT source on the interlapping generation please.

Knowing that 1914 era anointed are dead and also most if not all of the people alive or born in 1914 are also probably dead, the only sequitur understanding is interlapping anointed given the conclusion that the socp began in 1914 and that at least some of JC disciples would see " all these things happening."

Were you drunk when you wrote that? It makes no sense at all.

1914 is written in stone. However, a century of invisible rule is a very long time and something must give within a year or so -seems to me if 1914 generation is to make any sense now.

1914 is not written in stone!

It's not even at WT teaching. It's an adopted teaching from Nathan H Barbour.

It's based on a fictitious version of history and an interpretation of the Bible that's simply a 19th centurys man's idea of what a text supposedly written in the Bronze age means.

As I've asked you before - what happens at the end of next year when you've suggested it runs out? Will you finally give up on the WT?

(And how can something be written in stone and yet a critical part of it run out in a year or so?)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Could you quote a pre 2010 WT source on the interlapping generation please.

"people living contemporaneously" -CTR

Were you drunk when you wrote that? It makes no sense at all

In other words: Given that 1914 is the generation that does not pass way, from that WT doctrinal position, only contemporary anointed have not passed away to make the WT 1914 generation teaching still valid.

As I've asked you before - what happens at the end of next year when you've suggested it runs out? Will you finally give up on the WT?

I have my conclusions and you have your opinions; and what will happen to you when you see? The wt no longer sets dates; my previous post that you are alluding to expressed only a guess; I already told you that.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

"people living contemporaneously" -CTR

That makes more sense. Yes he did (and the WT did again in 2008).

Given that 1914 is the generation that does not pass way, from that WT doctrinal position, only contemporary anointed have not passed away to make the WT 1914 generation teaching still valid.

The generation that saw 1914 have passed away. Gone. Dead. People who claim to be 'anointed' today, and whose lives overlapped with those who saw 1914 are NOT the generation of 1914. My grandmother saw the events of 1914. I am not of the generation of 1914 just because in the late 20th century we were both alive for a time. It really isn't rocket science.

I have my conclusions and you have your opinions; and what will happen to you when you see?

See? What am I supposed to see?

The wt no longer sets dates

It still claims that 1914 was predicted in the Bible. It may have learnt not to make up new predictions but it still hangs on to the old nonsense.

I pity you. Holding onto the teaching of men because you can't just hold up your hand and say 'I was wrong'.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    (formatting error)
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Heathen, the whole edifice of religion is built on the sanctity of folk tales held up by the priestly ones to be inerrant truth.

The time has gone when this notion is felt to be true, it has been put to bed by the majority who recognize it as childish superstition. Especially is this so in Europe but even Americans are waking up!

You responded to my quoting Mark 9,1 by saying that "The belief is" such and such. To quote a "belief" is meaningless since beliefs are irrelevant. The only things worth investigation and study are for those things for which there is evidence and there is no evidence that anything in the Bible is other than the work of human scribes usually pursuing a dire nationalistic agenda in the OT and a paranoid Jewish /pagan fusion cult in the NT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit