the new understanding

by heathen 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I think the right term would be martyred , the LF as I see it can't die of old age to qualify or natural causes , revelation 6:9-11 . They did publish an article about a jw in Nazi Germany that was tried and executed but that's the only example I know of for the 20th 21st century , they didn't make clear if he was LF tho , I know people in Germany and Russia had it pretty bad , the soviet union and the arab countries would no doubt put a quick end to them . anyway I guess this thread can go into the books as finished

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Isaiah 2:22 says:

"For your own sakes, quit trusting in mere man, who is only the breath in his nostrils. Why should he be taken into account."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/twwkVCYOWmY/maxresdefault.jpg

• wizzstick
  • mrquik
    mrquik

From any perspective, 1914 has been proven to be irrelevant in any understanding as a Biblical event. 607 BC has been soundly disproven as a start date. Russell did not receive this momentous date from God, but rather stole it from a "false religion". World War l was not a watershed event as other wars were longer, involved more of the world & killed more people. And take a look a human history after WWl. No increase in any of the markers Jesus mentioned that we would see to mark the last generation. And do you really think this it the best Satan & his demons could do during the last century? If you & 300 million pissed off demons were cast to the earth knowing destruction was imminent, don't you think things might get horrifically worse? The last century has demonstrated nothing but man's inhumanity to man. Sorry, the only thing this all proves is THE END is not here........

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

From any perspective

Maybe from my parents perspective who accepted the 'truth' in the late 1950's. The evidence of the preaching work and the cry of here is the Bridegroom and the fulfilling of the ten virgins parable as part of the 'sign' with the growth of the organization and preaching work on a worldwide scale lead them to accept 1914 as the end of the Gentile times and in so doing accepting the calculation irrespective of whether it made sense from an historians viewpoint.

• heathen
    heathen

Things are not getting better according supposed experts , they have decried a nuclear winter for economic growth , wars are starting everywhere because the NWO wants to control everything , Monsanto wants to poison everything ,government corruption is out of control , despite all that it says that people will be care free , just like many here believe things will not change . I've heard they are deliberately trying to start epidemics because they want global depopulation ... so certainly not will I trust in them .

• TD
    TD

Religion to me is like good fiction. --Enjoyable as long as it's internally consistent

From that perspective, JW eschatology has become like a very badly edited movie. --Contradictory to the point where you can't watch anymore.

Breaking the pattern between primary and secondary fulfillment of prophecy yanks the rug out from under the idea that there is any secondary fulfillment at all. Yet that is exactly what the JW's have done vis-à-vis the generation of Matthew 24:34

Admitting the existence of an entire class of Christians who attain neither of the two salvations the Bible allegedly holds out for Christians yanks the rug out from under the idea that there is any need to be Christian in the first place. Yet that is exactly what the JW's have done vis-à-vis adults in 1935 who were told that they were the "Great Multitude" of Revelation 7:9 (And were clearly not inasmuch as they have long since passed away.)

The existence of a, "Time of the End" longer than a human lifespan yanks the rug out from under the whole concept inasmuch as this period is ostensibly for the purpose of warning. Dozens of minor prophetic parallels the JW's have traditionally taught including but not limited to the man with the writer's inkhorn, the ark of salvation, the cities of refuge, etc., come crashing down and must be abandoned. Who exactly was the man with the writer's inkhorn marking for survival in the 1940's? It is as if Noah and his family died of old age before a drop of rain ever fell.

All of these are cracks in the larger foundation of JW belief in their own uniqueness and importance in the outworking of God's plan for salvation. What plan? The JW's no longer seem to know themselves....

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Things are not getting better according supposed experts , they have decried a nuclear winter for economic growth ,

Which experts? If you're talking about conspiracy nuts - they're not experts!

wars are starting everywhere

No they are not:

Rate of battle deaths in state-based wars 1946-2013

https://ourworldindata.org/war-and-peace-after-1945/

because the NWO wants to control everything ,

Conspiracy nonsense. Evidence?

Monsanto wants to poison everything

,government corruption is out of control

despite all that it says that people will be care free ,

Who is saying that?

just like many here believe things will not change .I've heard they are deliberately trying to start epidemics because they want global depopulation ... so certainly not will I trust in them .

What. Are. You. Talking. About?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Someone should have shared with GB Splane this warning about interfering with Bible doctrine and/or coming up with some bizarre twist/spin :

Proverbs 22:28 states: "Do not move an ancient boundary marker that your forefathers put in place."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/twwkVCYOWmY/maxresdefault.jpg

• prologos
    prologos

1) talking of boundary markers: Jesus speaking to future members of the first non-wt Governing Body, Acts 1:7: " It is not given to you to understand times and seasons, which the father has put in his own jurisdiction" or (out of bounds). Perhaps Splane thinks it does not apply to him because Peter John and Matthew were not part of the Faithful Slave, but he is?

2) The other time boundary that jesus set, was with the generation. he said: it " --will not pass away until all these things " predicted, (including the end, after Armageddon), would occur; but with the anointed generation, wt has moved the time marker forward, with the anointed generation ending before Armageddon, when they are raptured off the earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit