Greta Thunberg...what’s your view of her?

by minimus 95 Replies latest jw friends

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Tell you all you need to know about the odious man in orange that he would attack a child who is just speaking out about a completely obvious existential threat to our civilization.

• hoser
    hoser

I heard there is a film crew following her for a reality tv show (unconfirmed). Both her parents and sister are famous, now she can be too.

The only way to cut our carbon footprint is to drastically lower our standard of living. No one wants to hear that message, and I don’t think Greta wants to live the way my great grandparents did a hundred years ago.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The anger and lambasting, the pallid skin, the twisted features, the florid face, the crimson cheeks ... is Greta Thunberg a gammon?

Image result for greta thunberg angry

• punkofnice
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

LUHE - Howa darrrre-a yow

• TD
    TD
    She is as certain of her cause as I was about the imminent end of the world when I was 16.

For me, I think it was Rachel Carson's Silent Spring, but yeah....

--Oh to be an idealistic teenager again...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I find her a bit odd.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Picking on a 16-year-old girl with Asperger’s is terrible, right?

It’s the same tired argument liberals use against anyone criticizing their message. If a black man is criticized it is because of his color. If a lesbian is questioned, it proves you hate gays and on and on it goes.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Min - I know the point you're making and there is some truth in what you say.

But, social media is a bit like the Wild West - there's quite a lot of roasting, making fun of people, etc. Greta's parents should protect her from that. And I don't think they're doing their job properly.

• Simon
    Simon
    But she doesnt make me want to start using paper bags or carrying around my own bottle to fill up at work

She makes me want to buy a gas guzzling V8 to rev in front of her, they all do.

Self righteous hypocrites.

The people who shout loudest about climate change always seem to have the largest carbon footprint, funny isn't it?

They then contrive to make it look as though they are carbon neutral, like the ride they took wasn't polluting, disregarding the manufacture of the vessel or, and this is the idiocy, that they themselves don't take a flight but someone else has to take the equivalent flight and more, to get to them to sail their boat.

All for photo ops because they know the media will lap it up and spew it out. Meanwhile, people actually improving technology to reduce pollution get no attention. People who actually make a real change.

There's a woman protesting in Canada against oil, she's in a tent with lots of other equipment that are ALL oil based.

I'd have more respect for someone if they turned up in a horse and cart wearing hemp clothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit