Greta Thunberg...what’s your view of her?

by minimus 95 Replies latest jw friends

• jp1692
    jp1692

Well, she sure knows how to throw some major shade at Donald Trump!

That's what he gets for picking on a 16-year old girl with Asperger's!

#BeBest

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

At first I was cynical but now I am enjoying listening to her. Obviously a young'un and dillusional. For a young Swede she speaks very good English. I suppose Swedish education makes learning English compulsory. Either that or they are intelligent enough to know you have to speak English in our modern world to succeed on the world stage.

It seems to me that a foreigner who speaks good English, but with a heavy accent, can get more attention than one who only speaks English. She also speaks with a seriousness beyond her years. What the Bible may call, "Speaking with authority." Anyway, I would rather she be touring and giving speeches than not.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Cofty: She is as certain of her cause as I was about the imminent end of the world when I was 16.

Interesting comparison. The difference being the world didn't end as JW's predicted, and climate change and other environmental issues are real concerns.

Activism can lead to real, tangible change whereas handing out WT and Awake! magazines rarely, if ever, led to real improvements in anyone's life and generally wreaked havoc on most people's personal lives.

• Simon
    Simon
    she sure knows how to throw some major shade at Donald Trump!

I think you're repeating what you've been told, and that it's "amazing". 'Cause "major"? Really?

Are you just desperate for something to celebrate? Is that the extent of the "victories" over 'orange-man-bad' that you have?

How's that Russian Collusion Hoax working out for you? Oh yeah ...

• jp1692
    jp1692

Simon: I think you're repeating what you've been told.

You think wrong.

• Simon
    Simon
    That's what he gets for picking on a 16-year old girl with Asperger's!

Maybe you need to explain it, 'cause it looks like she hasn't done shit but respond to Trump, like all the leftists do. Trump is the puppet master, she's just another fool with strings.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Poor girl ,she is just being used and manipulated by adults who are pushing a cause not unlike what we did using our kids at the D2D preaching work.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Simon - she's obviously a pawn in someone else's game

I pretty much came to the same conclusion.

If it's notoriety for her parents or so there can be a climate tax....I don't know.

The whole thing doesn't seem very genuine.

I'm sure she is sincere. I do think we can do better things for the environment.

In my view the 'Greta' corporation is preaching to the converted. Take it to China and see how you get on.

Smiddy - Poor girl ,she is just being used and manipulated by adults who are pushing a cause not unlike what we did using our kids at the D2D preaching work.

Yes. I think this is about right.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There's lot of young people just like her who get no media attention at all. I dont know why she of all people got to be the face of enviromentalism.

She's young and feels passionate about something and I think it's good that someone speaks out for something that they genuinely believe.

But she doesnt make me want to start using paper bags or carrying around my own bottle to fill up at work. Greta has zero effect on my way of dealing with the enviroment. I mean, seriously, are we all to stop travelling by plane and get on a boat now?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Typical of the lefty loonys to hide behind what they try to say are 'children'. Using Greta as a shield because she in some eyes, looks younger than she is, and whinging when the alarmist message is criticised doesn't surprise me. They need to remember if they're in this arena, they need to expect counter arguments on an adult level.

They also try to say the counter arguments are against Greta the child. No! That is not true. The counter arguments are against the alarmist message per se. It's just the way the loony left tries to shut down discourse in their usual cowardly, fascist way.

Look at the hypocrisy of the boat thing. Astounding. It seems obvious to me that it is not driven from genuine climate concern.

Like I say.....go tell the countries that you believe are the biggest offenders, lefties. I dare you to go to China and see how you get on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit