Greta Thunberg...what’s your view of her?

by minimus 95 Replies latest jw friends

• TedRodgers
    TedRodgers

I presume most on here are ex Jehovah's Witnesses which means you will have talked and preached more bollocks in a week than Greta will do in a lifetime. Some on here will still be Jehovah's Witnesses meaning at some point today you will have been saying some pretty weird and bizarre stuff. Think about the tripe you peddled with passion.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Ted welcome to the forum.

Interesting introduction.

• Simon
    Simon
    Think about the tripe you peddled with passion.

I think that experience is why some are able to see through a fraud.

The anger act was just an act - few people are really good at acting truly angry in a convincing fashion.

The climate alarmism isn't backed up by the data to warrant such displays.

• cofty
    cofty
    When the Vietnam War was raging, young people demonstrated against it. They were maligned, made fun of, mischaracterized, and treated with disdain...much like Greta is being treated here by some posters. - Sparky

Yes but they were so much cooler in the 60s.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes but they were so much cooler in the 60s.

They were also so much thinner. I noticed this the other day - watch old footage from the 60s and 70s, the news documentary types of normal street scenes, and you realize how bad obesity has got 'cause you hardly see any fat people. Everyone is slim. Especially the groovy chicks. Peace man. "Geer".

People thought Elvis was fat at the time but you'd probably struggle to find a picture of him that didn't look like a normal average person now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Should we not reflect and accept the fact this girl is young ?

She would probably present her information in a different manner if she had to support herself and a family.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If this was a "crisis" and "emergency", would you take a break?

I get your point ,however ,

Apparently Jehovah`s Witnesses do that all of the time ,LOL

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I bet she does the "talk like this" sketch brilliantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mobhve-g5Ls

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

When Greta can prove to us that she is able to store the excess CO2 of our planet in a corner of her magic brain, then at that moment I will see her in a most favorable light !!!

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

If this was a "crisis" and "emergency", would you take a break?

I get your point ,however ,
    Apparently Jehovah`s Witnesses do that all of the time ,LOL

Yep...it's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit