MY SWAN SONG

by northern girl 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

isn't the swan supposed to die at the last song? this thread is going and going and going...and now NG is "waiting" ....

yet another ploy for attention. Well NG you have now reached the illustrious status of the third person on this Discussion board that I will just not read. Guess this is my swan song for responding to NG threads...but unlike some other swans I will actually die(and not resurrect myself).

Ravyn

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

*** w00 5/1 p. 10 Firmly Uphold Godly Teaching ***

Some apostates are increasingly using various forms of mass communication, including the Internet, to spread false information about Jehovah’s Witnesses. As a result, when sincere individuals do research on our beliefs, they may stumble across apostate propaganda. Even some Witnesses have unwittingly exposed themselves to this harmful material. In addition, apostates occasionally take part in television or radio programs. What is the wise course to follow in view of this?

The apostle John directed Christians not to accept apostates into their homes. He wrote: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works." (2 John 10, 11) Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!—Proverbs 22:3.

------------------------------

km 11/99 p. 4 Use of the Internet—Be Alert to the Dangers! ***

Congregation members are protected by the Scriptural provision for disfellowshipping those who sin unrepentantly or who promote apostate thinking. (1 Cor. 5:9-13; Titus 3:10, 11) Can we expect to find these same loving arrangements when associating with others via the Internet?

It has become apparent that the opposite is true. Some Web sites are clearly vehicles for apostate propaganda. Such Web sites may claim otherwise, and those who sponsor a site may give a detailed explanation to affirm that they truly are Jehovah’s Witnesses. They may even request information from you in order to verify that you are one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Jehovah wants you to exercise discernment. Why? Because he knows that it will safeguard you from various dangers. Proverbs 2:10-19 opens by saying: "When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you." Safeguard you from what? From such things as "the bad way," those leaving upright paths, and people who are immoral and devious in their general course
  • suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

And eye---eee----iiiiiiiii will always love yoooooouuuuuu hoo hooo hooooo!!!

(just tryin to get that "watch how we walk" song out of my head...)

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ravyn, yep:

swan song noun
    1. A farewell or final appearance, action, or work.
    2. The beautiful legendary song sung only once by a swan in its lifetime, as it is dying.
    [From the belief that the swan sings as it dies.]

The American Heritage Dictionary

Very a propos in describing the self-destruction that being in, or going back to, the WTS as a faithful little JW causes.

Craig

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Stinky, thanx for that article. Amazing that there was a time when I would have agreed with it. Now, I'm ROFL at the stupidity it shows. Thanx.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• northern girl
    northern girl

StinkyPantz:

Thank you ... a word to the wise is sufficiant.

northern girl

• herk
    herk

A word to the "wise"?????

Somebody please help me off the floor. I can't stop laughing! Northern Girl thinks she's "wise"! Ho ho ha ha ha ha ...............................................................

• northern girl
    northern girl

jerk

Another LITTLE man with a BIG mouth trying to overcompensate for his many SHORTcomings.

• herk
    herk

Northern Girl has already forgotten the meaning of "swan song," a meaning for which she earlier expressed appreciation.

If I'm little, you better hope you don't ever run into somebody who's tall, little girl!

• northern girl
    northern girl

jerk:

You really don't GET IT do you? Maybe some of your 'men' friends could educate you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit