MY SWAN SONG

by northern girl 97 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Northern Girl,

I have to ask.....What do you mean by "truly free'? Here's what you are free from:

1) freedom from independant thinking

2) freedom from having to think at all.

3) freedom to have to make any personal decisions...The Society can now direct you if you have any questions on how to govern your life, in regards to entertainment, finances, personal grooming, etc.

If that's your definition of freedom than you really are a sad case and beyond hope. And truly brainwashed. Oh, the elders would say that you are free from "Satan's snares", and "False Religion". What amazes me is when you loyal Witnesses act like you are not being hypocritical by being here and arguing with "apostates". Or when the witnesses here say they are free to do what they want and they are not doing anything wrong by being here, etc. etc. The fact is that the Society that you worship says that you are absolutely NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE ON THIS BOARD, AND BY DOING SO YOU ARE DISPLEASING GOD AND COULD BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED. THAT IS THE TRUTH. Do you deny that? Don't act like you did'nt know that, because if you are any kind of Witness worth your salt, you know these things...And if you disagree with the Societies viewpoint on this matter, than YOU SHOULD'NT BE A WITNESS...PERIOD. If you doubt what I'm saying than ask an Elder. If he gives you a different response let us know. The FACT IS he won't. If he does, he's going against God's Organization. I suspect you know these things and maybe you don't agree with the Society on this point. But realize that by disagreeing with your dear religion on this point brands you as an apostate, and makes you unworthy of being a member. Unfortunately for you, your religion screws you up on this point, and there is absolutely NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO DEFEND YOURSELF ON THIS MATTER. The only thing you can say is.."I know I'm wrong for being here, but it's still God's organization, and I want to be a part of it". What does the Society say to do when you have sinned repeatedly as you have? It says you must CONFESS to the Elders, and show a repentant attitude. It might be hard to justify that you are repentant when after all, you have continued in your sinful course and continue to post..(over 250) Heck, you're a Senior Member in apostate land. So please save us your self righteous witness crap. Your not only displeasing God, your displeasing the dear Elders you worship as well. How do you justify this?... YOU CAN'T. Most of us know the rules of the Society you worship on this board. So don't act like it's been okay to be here. CONFESS to the Elders. You have been fooling them by your hypocrisy.

• northern girl
    northern girl

ScoobySnax; talesin; jgnat; StinkyPantz; Robdar; Zoewrex; shotgun and Vivamus ... Thanks so much for being honest, helpful and pleasant. You will hold a place of fond memories for me.

To those of you who think verbal brutality is 'the thing to turn someone around' ... think again!!!

In most disfunctional families, there is usually some crotchety old uncle or aunt sitting in a corner dispensing a whack to the shins with their crooked old cane. How dare anyone skip for joy ... can't be up to any good if they are happy!!! That's how I'll remember the nay-sayers here.

northern girl

• teejay
    teejay

You REPEATEDLY and WILLINGLY associated with god's enemies. To him, what does that make you?

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    To those of you who think verbal brutality is 'the thing to turn someone around' ... think again!!!

I don't recall using 'verbal brutality'. I was calling you on your views of Elders. It's what happens when you post on a 'Discussion Forum'.

You know you could always join JWZone but I'm sure they would drive you mad too.

-

Ignored One.

• integ
    integ

NG,

First of all, it's not verbal brutality, it's HONESTY.

Second of all, I personally am not trying to turn you around. I think you are too far gone for that.

Third, I don't give a frog's fat ass what you do, just don't show up at my door trying to stick up for a religion you can't even defend yourself.

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> To those of you who think verbal brutality is 'the thing to turn someone around' ... think again!!!

NG,

First off, it won't affect any of us one way or the other what you do. I can't see some people (like my mother) being truly happy outside of the Watchtower Society and you may well be one of those. Maybe not. Either way, I doubt any of us could care less. It just amazes us how delusional Jehovah's witnesses like you can be. (JWs like my mother would never ever even THINK of posting on this site, but then... she's a real JW.)

You talk about Jehovah as though he were deaf, dumb and blind. (He is, by the way.) I wonder why people like you even bother going through the trouble of going to the meetings. You say you want to worship Jehovah but do the exact opposite of what he's told you. When it's convenient for you, you forget about him altogether. That's fine with me -- I'm not trying to be hard on you or judge you. That's just the way I see it, mainly because that's the way it is.

The bible was written for a reason for people like you (believers). You asked me earlier if I thought I was special, and now I ask that of you. Do you think you're special? Do you think you're so special that god will bend his own rules for you? The same rules he's been enforcing toward others for thousands of years?

Do you think that he is ignorant of you associating with his enemies? Do you think he will let you get away with having associated with his enemies? From the standpoint of JW doctrine (supposedly straight from god's mouth), the people posting on this forum are all god's enemies, destined to die at Armageddon. Do some research and see what the governing body says about apostates. Either what they say is true or it isn't.

If what they say is true, then you have committed a very serious sin against your god. Think about it: How would you feel if I claimed to be your friend but I went out of my way to hang around people that hated you -- even wishing them well? Are you beginning to understand how god is looking at you now?

OTOH, if what the Society says about us *isn't* true... in other words a lie... and that's why you didn't/don't see anything wrong with your membership here, then what else is the governing body lying about and why do you want to be among an organization that lies to you?

• herk
    herk

NG -

When you make statements like the following, you really raise doubts that you ever were a JW:

In most disfunctional families, there is usually some crotchety old uncle or aunt sitting in a corner dispensing a whack to the shins with their crooked old cane. How dare anyone skip for joy ... can't be up to any good if they are happy!!!

If ever there was a "crotchety old uncle or aunt" (mother organization???) that "dispenses a whack to the shins with their cooked old cane," it's the WT Society!

Who 'whacked your shins' because you enjoyed a smoke now and then? Who won't let you have fun at a friend's or relative's wedding because they're not JWs? Who would probably disfellowship you for being with your parents or siblings when a member of the family is being baptized as a Christian in another church? Who won't let you celebrate your kids' or parents' or grandparents' birthdays? Who won't let you celebrate anything except the "memorial of Christ's death" or maybe your wedding anniversary? Who look down their noses at you if you allow your kids to squirm a little or to sit with a picture book during meetings? Who expect you to be knocking on doors on a bright beautiful day instead of spending a relaxing time at the park with your family? Who might bring you before the elders because you dared to watch an interesting Bible film produced by a non-Witness organization? Who view it as sinful to let your daughter be a cheerleader or to let your son enroll in team sports? Who will look upon you as "worldly" if you enroll your kids in school drama, music, arts or nature programs, or let them follow up their passion for knowledge at college? Etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum!

• borgfree
    borgfree

Herk,

I really appreciate your comments. You are what I would expect from a true elder, not a Watchtower controlled robot elder. I also appreciate all of the other comments that did not wish Northern Girl all the best in returning to the cult. I pity her.

Northern Girl,

If you are still reading these comments then I wish you all the best life has to offer you, but, not in your return to the cult. In returning to the WT I wish you nothing but sorrow as that will make you wake up as it has me and countless others.

Borgfree

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Well, my prayers have been answered and I am reinstated. It was to be announced last night but because of the power outage the meeting was cancelled.

I always loved it when meetings were cancelled. It's a very rare occasion.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna miss you. You were one of the better JWs, or disfellowshipped, er, you know what I mean. You didn't have that hard-ass attitude that most others posess. You really don't sound like you belong with them, but noone can stop you from making your choice in faith.

Like many others have stated here already, if you find it's not what you think it is, then you know who to PM, and where to post ;)

Take care and good health to you. You will be missed.

• rocketman
    rocketman

This has turned into quite the thread.

NG, thanks for the acknowledgement. Best wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit