MY SWAN SONG

by northern girl 97 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Elders are agents of Jehovah and carry out his work under his direction.

Sweetie, when you've been an elder for any length of time, call me and we'll talk. Then you'll understand why this statement has ex-elders here rolling on the floor, laughing. The fact that you could read Herk's essay and not be cut to the quick speaks volumes about you, and about the organization you joined. I suggest you print it out and keep it in a drawer someplace. Someday when you are older, you will appreciate it more.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    A proper elder can see the true heart condition of someone.

Is she kidding?

• berylblue
    berylblue
    This has turned into quite the thread.

NG, thanks for the acknowledgement. Best wishes.

Once again, NG has gotten what she wanted. The attention she never got at the KH. Or probably anywhere else, for that matter. I don't believe for one minute that, in the brief time she has posted here, she has managed to quit smoking and go to enough meetings to be reinstated. For I remember, early on, that she stated she wasn't attending meetings very often, and was still smoking. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure someone will. ... If there is a congregation which reinstates persons a few short months after they commited their last "sin", I'd like to know which one. NG will get no wishes from me, good, bad or indifferent. For the first time in my life, I refuse to be the "nice" girl and just swallow my hurt and anger. She hurt me. Period. End of story.

• berylblue
    berylblue

FUTHERMORE (and no apologies for hijacking the thread), I am no longer going to be the understanding, over-analyzing patient nice girl when it comes to people who dick me over.

So there.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Well, what an unpleasant surprise. I haven't had time to post here in quite some time, so this evening I decided to take a couple of minutes to peruse a few threads and what do I find?

Northern Girl, with whom I have never had the pleasure (or, perhaps, pain?) of conversing has just declared that she has hung her brain in the back of the closet so that she can return to the pen....er, coop....um, flock. A sad, sad thing when someone eagerly parks their intellect at the door and throttles down their quest for knowledge in order to be spoonfed.

Truly a night for grieving. (sigh)

Well, NG, I hope that you find what you think you are looking for. I hope that you don't look back after 50 fruitless years of trekking door-to-door selling literature and wish that you had done something useful with your life. Just remember to put away something for retirement. You WILL need it...guaranteed.

Oh, and congratulations on giving up smoking.

• herk
    herk

Northern Girl lied to God, to her elders and to herself. After reading the posts by berylblue and Redhorse Woman, it hit me like a ton of bricks that Northern Girl has been lyin' to us too!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Be Happy Northern Girl. Follow your path and don't forget....... Make the Truth your own. love Scott

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

berylblue,

****FUTHERMORE (and no apologies for hijacking the thread), I am no longer going to be the understanding, over-analyzing patient nice girl when it comes to people who dick me over.

So there.

Congradulations on attaining this level of maturity. It is truly the only honest way to live/and let live. To many go about their lives, trying to please everyone and anybody........even those we have never seen or met. Enjoy your new found freedom. Danny
  • suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

That scripture about "...the dog returning to its own vomit" comes to mind (no offense).

Its ok to go back for closure. You need to feel that you're "done with them" before you can leave them behind. SOmetimes i wanna go to the KH, but I don't think I could keep a straight face. suz

• northern girl
    northern girl

Blue Barrel or Rosemary or whatever:

You have accused me on more than one occasion of doing something terrible to you. O.K. Give me the facts. Show me where in any post I've made where you were even mentioned.

On more than one occasion I've purposely not responded to you to protect your fragile mental state ... but you had better find some true facts to back up these words. I'm waiting.

northern girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit