MY SWAN SONG

by northern girl 97 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

I just have to say this after reading the rest of this thread....and it isn't to anyone in particular... Just my opinion, and this isn't a "feel sorry" for anyone, type post btw.

Although when Northern Girl first came here, I tried to open up to her, and get her to do the same; I later realized (or thought I did) where she was "coming from". I saw that she was here to make trouble, or Judge others, or defend the org. . . . and I got mad... real mad.

But then, I see that she returns. And sometimes she is happy and sometimes she is not. We (meaning me as well) have accused NG of "seeking attention".... or "stirring things up" or whatever... but.... isn't that sorta what it is all about??? I mean, don't the ones that need the most help, have the most anxiety and doubt.... aren't THEY the ones that we should tolerate the most? I really dont know the answer here. Aren't the ones who are the most troubled about this thing, going to also be the ones who have a hard time coping and relating to other people???

I am in no way suggesting that any personal insults be tolerated. Nor am I suggesting that anyone "tip toe" around those who come here and spout off about how we are all doomed. I have just thought about this for a few days, and it is just my thinking; that obviously Northern Girl, has a reason to keep returning here. Attention? maybe.... hell that is why I come here... I want to share the "attention" of everyone here... make friends, learn about people, learn about others here who have the same doubts, and fears that I once had. If we didn't want "attention"... we would be watching T.V.

Northern Girl,

You say you are reinstated, and if that is the case and that is what you really want... then great! I don't think you really want to shut the door to this board though... or you would have done that already... for some reason you keep coming back.... for some reason you.... aren't done yet here. I hope you find what you are looking for. I would just about say, that if you let down some of those barriers that you let the Watchtower put up around you, you may find that these folks are willing to try to listen to you, and give you advice.... I mean, after everything... people are still trying to reach you. They aren't going to "disfellowship" you here... you are never going to post a thread, and not get a response. No matter what happens... this is not the Kingdom Hall. People here won't abandon you because you have an opinion...

You stick around for another six months.... give it that long... if you don't gain anything from it, then just forget it... nobody here will come "council" you for missing meetings. Try and open your mind a little, and that doesn't mean give up your beliefs... be willing to share without judgement, and I think at some point, you might find out something about yourself.

**Just remember that I am the one who is the first to jump your butt, if you hurt someone's feelings.... but I would also be one of the first to try and help you if you need it..... if you ever need help, you can pm me, and I will see what I can do.... I am just a dummy, but I have been where you are now.

--puttytat

• AlanF
    AlanF

There is no way that elders would reinstate someone after only a couple of months of regular meeting attendance. All JWs know this. When she first showed up here, Northergirl told us that she hadn't been attending meetings regularly for years.

And as usual, when challenged with facts and solid arguments, NG replies with absolute non-answers.

Northergirl is a troll.

AlanF

• herk
    herk

I agree with puttytat and AlanF, and I'm sorry I came down to the level of mocking what I perceive to be a false pretense.

I'm glad Northern Girl is here, and I hope she stays, at least a while longer. I don't think she's sincere, but maybe by sticking around, even with the wrong motive, something good will rub off on her and she'll think twice about wanting to be in an organization where men are served but not God.

• mouthy
    mouthy

NG when reading your post I thought of the saying "To thine own self be true" I think the rest says something like to "Everyone else a liar be. While your back in the comfort of "Mothers" arms ...Please ask them " are they still kicking people out who dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914- like they did me.Whisch meant I cannot see my daughter, my grandchildren, my great grandchildren. I too thanked them for helping me quit smoking. But I did that cos I wanted to get into THEIR Kingdom. I didnt know ALL I had to do is told to me at Romans10:9-11

E-mail me when the elders let you know about the 1914 Question....

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

NG - you're still here?

Guess you weren't as "accepted" as you thought you would be aye? funny - now you fit in in neither world......let that be a lesson. Learn.

There isn't one person here that doesn't WANT to be your friend, and you're making that impossible to do. There's still hope - you still have a chance. You don't have to "go along" to "get along" here, but a little less self-righteous pompous arrogance would go a long way . Or maybe you're a little self-masochist, and getting your jollies - whatever. Or, perhaps you're still working out hostilities.....hmmm....well, as Ravyn said, just another person to put on ignore.

Alan - I believe your assessment to be correct. Trouble is, she's not even 1/2 as enjoyable as Fred Hall was for a time.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I hope they never make this into an opera or a movie...

Frannie B

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Blue Barrel or Rosemary or whatever:

You have accused me on more than one occasion of doing something terrible to you. O.K. Give me the facts. Show me where in any post I've made where you were even mentioned.

On more than one occasion I've purposely not responded to you to protect your fragile mental state ... but you had better find some true facts to back up these words. I'm waiting.

northern girl

Gosh, I am so sick of this.

I was asked to address this by some list members, and I wrote a long post, but I am not going to post it. There's no point. And I don't need to "save face", as was commented to me. I wwent over the top, and I admit it.

I AM SORRY, NG, for being antagonistic to you. I went over the top in reaction to some of your posts which were hurtful towards others. It didn't warrant the subsequent attacks on you. They were inappropriate and I do apologize.

And that is the end of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit