You ask “Whatbooks on evolution have you read, other than JW publications?”
Thetone behind this question shows that you are very confident about truthfulnessof Evolution Theory. Your confidence reminds me about same sort of confidencesome great people displayed in 1923.
In thatyear, nine of the wealthiest people in the world met at Chicago's EdgewaterBeach Hotel. Their combined wealth, it is estimated, exceeded the wealthof the Government of the United States at that time.
These men certainly knew how to make a living and accumulate wealth.
Attending the meeting were the following men:
1. The President of the largest steel company,
2. The President of the largest utility company,
3. The President of the largest gas company,
4. The President of the New York Stock Exchange,
5. The President of the Bank of International Settlements,
6. The greatest wheat speculator,
7. The greatest bear on Wall Street,
8. A member of President Harding's cabinet.
9. The head of the World's greatest monopoly
That's a pretty impressive line-up of people by anyone's yardstick.
Yet, let’s examine what happened to them 25 years later:
1. The President of the then largest steel company (Bethlehem Steel Corp),Charles M Schwab lived on borrowed capital for five years before hedied bankrupt.
2. The President of the largest utility company, Samuel Insull, diedpenniless!
3. The President of the then largest gas company, Howard Hubson, wentinsane.
4. The then President of the New York Stock Exchange, RichardWhitney, was sent to jail.
5. The President of the Bank of International Settlement, Leon Fraser,committed suicide.
6. One of the greatest commodity traders (Wheat Speculator), ArthurCutten, died insolvent.
7. The greatest “bear” on Wall Street, Jesse Livermore committedsuicide.
8. The member of the US President’s Cabinet (the member of PresidentHarding's cabinet), Albert Fall, was pardoned from jail just to be able togo home and die in peace.
9. The President of the then world’s greatest monopoly, Ivar Krueger,committed suicide.
See how soon they all changed their faith in money—how disillusioned they were!If this can happen to faith in mammon, one can imagine what will happen tofaith in Evolution theory after some time. You will all look for God, and willthrow away your books on Evolution.
nicolaou, The day will come when you also would look for God. That day you don't have to feel sorry for calling another one willfully ignorant, because everyone at that time will be equal--all will be in desperate need of God--helplessness and desperation will make every one equal.