JW message becoming more and more relevant

by lsw1961 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lsw1961
    lsw1961
    Oubliette

Even if they are wrong in some areas (which are natural when humans handle any situation), they are absolutely right in their Kingdom Message—the very cause they stand for.

• cappytan
    cappytan

No wonder some feel like this: "It is easy enough to make up stories of how the earth was created by a god, and to find reasons why the Bible's narrative should be trusted. But such stories are not part of science, for there is no way of putting them to the test."

Fixed that for you.

• lsw1961
    lsw1961
    DATA-DOG

God’s role is not to ensure failure of the principle of cause and consequences. His role begins when mankind feels that they cannot go forward any more. That time is fast approaching!

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Isw1961, thanks for having the courage to state your view in a crowd of rabid evolutionists. The ultimate truth is probably something we haven't even considered yet. I like to entertain all possibilities.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    How lightly you take proofs against Evolution, I should not hence forth bring subjects which you do not like.

It's because I don't care if we evolved or not, really. I just know that god doesn't exist. The rest doesn't matter. If I found out we were dumped here by alien unicorns from Mars it wouldn't change my life one little bit. Still the same trials, lows and highs. Don't refrain from saying things on my account. Just be yourself. I have no personal feelings or qualms about you or what you post. I like to just say what I see is all :)

• Splash
    Splash

JW message becoming more and more relevant

Which one, there are so many to choose from?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    they are absolutely right in their Kingdom Message—the very cause they stand for.
    But the message keeps changing. If they change it again next week, that means it's wrong today.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So "God's" role is not one of divine protection as taught by the WTBTS? In other words, Angels are not protecting JWs on the way to meetings and in field service. Do you agree, or disagree?

DD

• lsw1961
    lsw1961

punkofnice

You say: “I just know that god doesn't exist.”

Your evolution theory cannot explain how something immaterial evolved from something material. For example, consciousness is altogether a different kind of existence to which laws of chemistry and physics do not apply. Brain definitely controls the body and its thousand activities, but it is not self-sufficient. Brain is controlled by the mind for every detail of its functioning. More elaborately, we can say that the brain is the CPU of the body computer and the CPU functions as per its inputs. Then body is the hardware, brain is the system software and mind is the application software. Where from these inputs come? All the inputs i.e. life events come through the mind which processes the momentary incidents and places the same before the intellect. Intellect is the decision making faculty. Both the thought process and decision are being transferred to the brain through quantum waves of the momentary photon fields. Neuro-scientist Penfield’s experiments show that cerebral cortex is not the seat of the mind. A man can live and have consciousness even if he does not have two cerebral hemispheres. Movement of hands does not produce any conscious effects, it is just a mechanical action signalled through motor neurones.

Consciousness and thoughts do not occupy any space and hence are not destroyed by time. The more we think of a concept the more it gets set. Thoughts, ideas, concepts, experience and consciousness are the manifestations of a metaphysical form of energy. The locus of the memories was in between the upper brainstem and the hypothalamus which indicates the presence of an entity there which is nothing but an immaterial entity (something like an image of God in qualities). It shows that mind, consciousness or soul is located in the hypothalamus, near the upper part of the brainstem which has reticular activating system (RAS). The evidence indicates that the RAS is only an instrument to receive the external stimuli and send the same to the brain in the form of coded electrical impulses and the soul is that conscious entity which takes cognizance of the impulses. The Soul is a non-physical entity which cannot be perceived directly at any of the wave-lengths in the electromagnetic spectrum. Physical parameters such as mass, volume, time, velocity and weight cannot be applied to the soul directly. It has consciousness as its inherent quality. It manifests in various forms such as thoughts, belief, imagination, understanding, will, remembering, learning, intentions, emotions, judgement, intuition.…. etc. Chiefly it performs through the mind, intellect, memory and emotions. Imprints or deep-rooted memories or tendencies from its subconscious and supra conscious mind are continuously influencing the thoughts, decisions and emotions. Personality traits is the store house or repertory of thoughts, beliefs, ideas, emotions, desire, will, memory etc. which are actually the stock of different types of energies both positive and negative. Metaphysical energy, manifesting as thoughts, forms a quantum field which has no mass. At micro level, it influences the related nuclei in the hypothalamus which trigger the pituitary or which set up neuro-electrical impulses or photon fields at various organs and tissues. Life goes beyond biochemical and biophysical processes. The state of super consciousness gives a person high ideals, noble goals and positive ideas. This super consciousness isthe product of God, not the product of evolution.

• lsw1961
    lsw1961
    paul from cleveland
    Jehovah motivates me, I just do it. For me Jehovah is more real than the air I breathe in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit