JW message becoming more and more relevant

by lsw1961 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lsw1961
    lsw1961

Man’s requirements are limited which can be satisfied with a little and tension-free endeavor.

However man attempts not only to collect but also to grab and amass everything to the excess. Somehow he feels that he can be happy only when he has in abundance whereas others have nothing—which seems to be the thread that runs throughout the history. Interestingly, this dominant attitude cuts the very basis of Evolution Theory (natural selection) that says organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive. If Evolution Theory were true, humans would have only adapted to their environment. Grabbing and amassing everything to the excess makes evolution theory a poor and wet joke against the overwhelming decline in human values as being witnessed today.

Naturally, God will respond to this unnatural turn of events on earth where unrighteousness and irreligiousness reign supreme.—Daniel 2:44

No wonder some feel like this: "It is easy enough to make up stories of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favored by natural selection. But such stories are not part of science, for there is no way of putting them to the test." (Personal letter from Dr Collin Patterson, Senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History in London, to Luther D. Sunderland)

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Im not sure that I follow. Isnt the JW message that the end is near? SO near that you shouldnt waste time helping people in any way other than bringing them the watchtower and awake mag so that they may understand Gods true name and increase the JW membership?

Just asking

• cantleave
    cantleave

If Evolution Theory were true, humans would have only adapted to their environment.

At least learn what evolution is before making such stupid statements,

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Obviously(tm) it is more relevant today......... Armageddon is 136 years closer than when they began their preaching of the impending destruction of the world in 1879.

Do I have time to finish this cup of coffee?

Crawl back under your bridge.

Image result for troll under bridge

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello ISW, how are you today?

Man’s requirements are limited which can be satisfied with a little and tension-free endeavor.
    However man attempts not only to collect but also to grab and amass everything to the excess. Somehow he feels that he can be happy only when he has in abundance whereas others have nothing—which seems to be the thread that runs throughout the history.

This is too general. Too much of a glittering generalisation. You can't pigeonhole all of humanity like this. So....moving on..........

Interestingly, this dominant attitude cuts the very basis of Evolution Theory (natural selection) that says organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive. If Evolution Theory were true, humans would have only adapted to their environment. Grabbing and amassing everything to the excess makes evolution theory a poor and wet joke against the overwhelming decline in human values as being witnessed today.

What CANTLEAVE said. Again, far too general. I don't give a monkeys if evolution is true or not. I am here. I cannot believe in god though. God either doesn't exist or is a psycho.

Naturally, God will respond to this unnatural turn of events on earth where unrighteousness and irreligiousness reign supreme.—Daniel 2:44

The thing about gods is, they never show. Naturally, a non existant magic man won't do anything....as demonstrated thus far by the him/her/it/them not taking any action.

No wonder some feel like this: "It is easy enough to make up stories of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favored by natural selection. But such stories are not part of science, for there is no way of putting them to the test." (Personal letter from Dr Collin Patterson, Senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History in London, to Luther D. Sunderland)
    It's easy to make up stories about a god too.
    Just saying. No offense intended. How's Brahma Kumaris today?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Huh?....
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There SO MANY things wrong with the JW religion and there manipulative, authoritarian practices that there is only one valid conclusion.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So..... Can you answer one question? What is "God" doing, exactly?

Did you know that a plane carrying Elders went down on the way to an Elder's School in South America? Did you know that JWs were killed in a Kingdom Hall during a typhoon, while praying for "God's" help? Did you know about the Sister who was mauled by a dog in service, and saved by a "worldly" man with a gun?? Have you read about the Sister who was in an accident on the way to the Memorial, killing her passenger on the "most sacred night" of the entire year?

Not one angel saved any of these people. Yet, according to the JW Televangelism show, "God" helped one man by miraculously finding a leak!

So what, exactly, is "God" doing?

DD

• lsw1961
    lsw1961

punkofnice

How lightly you take proofs againstEvolution, I should not hence forth bring subjects which you do not like.

The reason why I posted the above was this:When I posted my last one, someone called me “willfully ignorant.” This postshows it describes vast majority of humanity.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    ISW - there are no proofs against evolution. Get yourself an education before you spout your ignorance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit