Are Gods true worshippers on Earth today? If they are not JWs then who are they?

by Formerbrother 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    FormerBrother » Is there Gods true worshipers on Earth today as Jesus said there would be? If they are not JWs then who are they? Who else comes close to being Gods true followers today?

Are you asking if there's a true church on Earth? Because many people worship God on this world though they believe different doctrines and view the Bible differently. It would be an error in my view to consign worshippers to Hell or the grave if you wish, just because they aren't "true" believers.

As for if there's a church on Earth that was established by Jesus Christ, the three top contenders are, of course, the Catholic Church, which claims the church has continued an unbroken chain since the days of Christ. My horse in the race is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), which claims the ancient church fell into apostasy following the deaths of the apostles. It believes the church was restored to the earth through Jesus Christ and the ministry of angels who formerly lived as apostles and prophets to a prophet named Joseph Smith. One thing in its favor, and again, this is my horse, is that there were multitudes of witnesses who saw angels, had visions and revelations with Smith, witnessed healings and attained greatness as modern apostles and prophets. Both the Catholics and LDS believe they are in possession of the keys of the kingdom, which gives the church the power to bind both in Heaven and Earth and are necessary to the work of the ministry.

The third contender, in my view, is the Seventh Day Adventists. They also believe in the great apostasy, and they believe their church was established by Jesus Christ, who revealed to Ellen G. White that Christians all over the earth are worshipping on the wrong day (Sunday), and should return to worshipping on the Seventh Day of the week (Saturday). White maintained that, through her revelations, she could identify the Pope of Rome as the prophesied Antichrist. She was the only witness to her revelations, though some witnesses her having revelations. When enrapted in vision, they said, she could not be moved from her place.

My personal belief is that the church of Christ must have revelation at its core. The Jehovah's Witnesses have never received any communication from God confirming His acceptance of them as His representational church. They assume they are God's true servants without a modicum of confirmation. To them everything is invisible and insubstantial. As far as I know, God has never operated in this manner. He had always communicated His will through revelation and through prophets.

That's my take.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It would be presumptuous to say.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

God is a figment of the human imagination. Gods and Goddesses were invented by humans sometime after our brains got bigger(evolution). Probably after we invented how to make and use fire 300,000 years ago or more. With brains that have more processing power Gods seemed some what logical for a simple explanation of things beyond our ability to grasps without science(back in the day), hey we used to logically think the earth was flat but then wise men like like Galileo and Isaac Newton came into existence and since then only the hopelessly stubborn and stupid still believe the earth is flat. Today most educated people know the bibles account of earth creation is bogus thanks to science. Which means that if you do a more thorough and unbiased investigation of the bible you will find that God or Jehovah or what ever you want to call him, is just a figment of the creative human imagination.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Who else comes close to being Gods true followers today?

You are making an assumption that Jehovah's Witnesses come close to being Gods true followers. What makes you think that?

How does making multiple false predictions about the end of the world make you a true follower of God, being as the bible says no man knows the day or the hour?

How does breaking up families by forcing people to shun make you a true follower of God?

How does protecting pedophiles make you a true follower of God?

How does using cult mind control make you a true follower of God?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

LisaRose, perhaps you're reading too much into it. FormerBrother never said, "Hey, if the JWs are wrong, who's right?" I know some JWs use that reasoning, thinking that their doctrines are so unassailably correct that they must win by default, but they're far from correct. And they use it to comfort themselves into believing the WTS is "The Truth" because they can't get any confirmation from God, so they lean on the dictates of men. "They draw near me with their lips, and with their mouths they do honor me, but their hearts are far from me." (Isaiah 29)

Butt FB never used the argument. He merely asked for opinions. I didn't get the impression he was defending the Society, just asking for alternatives. I might be wrong, but with a handle like "FormerBrother," he may just be asking a question.

• Chook
    Chook

I talked to God when I was a JW and after I left I talked to God. Well I hope and thought I was talking to him ,but there's a good chance I was talking to myself. He says he's hearer of prayer, I'd like to believe that BUT I've had no miracles, no voices, the only thing that come close to interaction with God is that these guys in suits from a place they call Kingdom Halls said they are Gods appointed judges. If these guys are a reflection of God then I say no thanks.

• prologos
    prologos

Even in the earliest bible story, god did not want to be worshipped, but when Cain and Abel invented it, he "liked the idea" (quote from Splane). strangely, Cain burned some of the meat that was piling up, (nobody even dogs would eat it) , and HE quoted Splane again ," like it" From there the story goes downhill.

The bright side, God must be a creator, and true worshippers, dont worship, wasting meat and vegetables and time. , but create, provide, they find out how creation works, and re-create.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    ProLogos » Even in the earliest bible story, god did not want to be worshipped, but when Cain and Abel invented it, he "liked the idea" (quote from Splane). strangely, Cain burned some of the meat that was piling up, (nobody even dogs would eat it), and HE quoted Splane again," like it" From there the story goes downhill.

It would certainly help if you guys took a few theology courses before posting things like this. If I wanted to know about evolution, I wouldn't go to a six-day, 24-hour creationist website.

Cain's sacrifice, according to the biblical account, had to do with the fruits and grains under Cain's auspices. The Lord stipulated the sacrificial offerings be done with a lamb without blemish for the removal of sin. This was in similitude of the sacrifice of the Messiah and was a teaching mechanism. Because Satan had instructed Cain in his offering, Yahweh rejected it, promising that if Cain listened to Him, his (Cain's) offerings would be accepted. But the scripture says Cain loved Satan more than he did God and no longer walked with Him.

God was an authoritarian figure and a lawgiver; Lucifer was a consoler and accuser. According to the story he consoled Cain and accused both Yahweh and Abel of favoritism and conspiracy. The great secret he taught Cain was how to take life for power and gain and, according to tradition, he bound Cain and his followers with dark oaths and led them away from the others. Murder immediately became a capital crime, though for some reason it was not imposed on Cain.

You need to reexamine the story before analyzing it.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Jehovahs Witnesses are one out of 30k+ Christian sects started by a man who thought he knew better. One church started by Jesus and over 30k started by mankind. Why would you or anyone else think that the JWs are the true way.

Yes so if not JWs then which of the 30K are the true followers of Christ?

Jesus said those who have love amongst themselves.

Well that is only Jws on a world wide scale. When in war time, which other groups will never take up arms and fight, even on threat of death. Only Jws.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Former brother,

Just because you fail to do proper research doesn't mean you're right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_pacifism

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit