Are Gods true worshippers on Earth today? If they are not JWs then who are they?

by Formerbrother 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

James Brown - I see you have been reading some crazy bullshit since you last visited the forum.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    James Brown - I see you have been reading some crazy bullshit since you last visited the forum.

Like Kent Hovind wasn't enough.

I guess some like their bullshit spread thick.

• Perry
    Perry

Yes.The parable of the wheat and the tares make it evident the the distinction would become blurred in time.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Why would a God want to be worshiped?

Wouldn't an all knowing all powerful God resist such efforts by people. Wouldn't a truly wise God instead tell people to worship things like human decency, altruism, and equality?

Any real God wouldn't want worship.

• prologos
    prologos
    Perry: "Yes.The parable of the wheat and the tares make it evident the the distinction would become blurred in time.

Was it not the other way around, at germination, and early growth, tares look even prettier than wheat, so it is, True worship looks emptier now than before, for evidence of a worship-craving god is lacking, worship craving glorious ones abound.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Why would a God want to be worshiped?

Good question the biblical deity seems awfully desperate and very insecure to be demanding to be worshiped, honored, and respected. How can he be considered a great person when he this personality flaw the makes him violent and petty.

The Deity's pettiness is just a psychological projection of the penmen own pettinesses who wrote the different books in the bible.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    ProLogos » I did not misrepresent the facts of the story. Meat was not allowed until the flood, hence Abel sacrificed garbage, fertilizer at best. God did not command worship, it was a spontaneous action invented by humans. The Bible story was the best guess at the time, we have moved on, and our actions, aka worship, should be based on what makes further progress. imho.

That is up to the religion as to what changes are made, but the religion of the God of Israel has always been a revealed religion and some religious scientists feel there's enough latitude built into it that there's plenty of`room for faith. Of all the religions on Earth, it's the only one based on continuing revelation, or communication between God and man.

So where are you getting your information? How do you know that no one ate meat before the flood? Or that Abel sacrificed garbage, fertilizer? Or that God did not ask for or expect worship? In the great scheme of things, worship has always included teaching. Everything has meaning. Animal sacrifice taught the blood sacrifice of Christ. It had no power to remit sins by its own virtue, but by virtue of Christ's sacrifice on the cross (and yes, ladies and gentlemen, it was a cross). In Christian times, baptism represented the burial and resurrection of Jesus. Both animal sacrifice and baptism also represented covenants (two way agreements) between God and man.

Worship is a way of recognizing the dominance and authority of God, accepting His laws as binding. God is described as being King, Lord and Master. But He also is our Father. And to believers, He has promised to reveal all things to us upon His coming.

“Yea, verily I say unto you, in that day when the Lord shall come, he shall reveal all things—things which have passed, and hidden things which no man knew, things of the earth, by which it was made, and the purpose and the end thereof—things most precious, things that are above, and things that are beneath, things that are in the earth, and upon the earth, and in heaven.” (D&C 101:32-34)

And Paul wrote nearly 2,000 years ago:

"For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. ... Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. ... But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."

(I Corinthians 1:19-25)

The promise is to reconcile all things. Also, God has never demanded our worship. If we accept His dominion and His Fatherhood, we receive protection (security), prosperity and knowledge. If you don't wish to worship Him, no one holds a gun to your head. Above all else, He respects free agency.

• Chook
    Chook

The above statement IF they aren't JW . No bible scholars or philosopher or sound person outside the realms of JWs will conclude they are the only ones. Every single person on this forum KNOWS they are wrong. If a apple pie has only 5% shit we know that God didn't make that pie or expects his worshippers to taste shit. We all on this forum have given up eating shit.

• prologos
    prologos

Cold Steel: +-- Worship is a way of recognizing the dominance and authority of God, accepting His laws as binding.

I accept that,- for the laws of Nature, that have a created origin, and most moral laws. Therefore, the more accurate our understanding of these laws and works, and the applying of them are, the closer we are to be in harmony with the creator, but not necessarily to worship in the conventional sense. Of course there were carnivores millions of years ago, but the bible does not say so, meat eating was only granted after the flood. Lyons ate straw in Eden, in the ark and will again in the panda-petting paradise. Revelations are a fabrication, or delusion. Even the revealed - sounding "In the beginning God created Heaven and Earth--" is in error, the creator of the natural laws would never reveal error. So to me, today the real bearer of truth aka worshippers are scientists.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

If they are not JWs then there are no Gods people on earth today, period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit