Interesting Find with Chronology

by Kelley959 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholar:

Gibberish: The 70 years was fulfilled at the ending of the 70 years marked by the return of the Jewish Exiles in 537 BCE The servitude began with the beginning of the Exile with the Jews being deported to Babylon for no other theory or viewpoint makes any sense. Babylon was already brought to account with the release of the Exiles after its Fall in 539 BCE and its eventual desolation as foretold by Jeremiah.

Good to see correct use of punctuation this time to indicate that what follows is gibberish. Doesn't change the fact that Jeremiah 29:10-14 makes your conclusion impossible, since attention is given to their return only after 70 have ended, at which time you insist that they were already there. But you will continue to simply ignore that plain fact.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

No, doofus. Historians date the initial exile to early 597 BCE and the destruction of Jerusalem to 587 BCE (with some Christian sources preferring 586). None of the passages mentions 70 years of exile

----

Incorrect: Historians differ as to how these events are to be interpreted for some would begin the Exile with the Fall and others date the Exile 10 years earlier. What seems to be the case that historians agree that there was only one Exile proper commencing with the Fall. The word 'exile' is not mentioned in the 70 texts but the meaning or stat is well described in all of those texts

----

.Jer. 25:11-12 refers to nations serving Babylon, not exile (and Jeremiah 27:8-11 specifies that serving Babylon is the way to avoid exile).

----

Incorrect: Jer. 25:11 Describes a desolated land consistent with being conquered or vanquished by an invader with the deportations of its citizenry. Thus, the description is consistent with and Exile.

---

er. 29:10-14 specifies that returning to Jerusalem necessarily follows the end of the 70 years

----

Correct and this is what happened to the Jews exiled in Babylon who returned to their homeland in 537 BCE ending the exile as mentioned in vs.14

---2 Chron 36:20-23 stipulates that nations served Babylon until the kingdom of Persia began, not until Jews returned from exile, with the return following the end of serving Babylon (and also noting that the interpolation from Leviticus 26:34-35 is not 'the word of Jeremiah')

----

The Chronicler is quite specific that the end of the 70 years and the Exile was connected to the 1st Year of Cyrus which also fulfilled the prophecy about the land having to pay off its sabbaths as foretold in Leviticus 26.

-----Dan 9:1-19 (written in the 2nd century BCE) reflects recognition of the order events of Jeremiah 29:10-14, being that 70 years would end and then attention would be given to the Jews' return

---

Incorrect: Daniel was written in the 6th century and not the 2nd century as you allege. The ninth chapter consists of prayer by Daniel lamenting their exiled state and the exiles would shortly be released to return to their homeland.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Good to see correct use of punctuation this time to indicate that what follows is gibberish. Doesn't change the fact that Jeremiah 29:10-14 makes your conclusion impossible, since attention is given to their return only after 70 have ended, at which time you insist that they were already there. But you will continue to simply ignore that plain fact.

--

Jer 29:10-14 is quite clear that the exiles in Babylon would return ending the 70 years. This section is a prophecy, not history. Their return would fulfil the 70 years. Plain and simple!!!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You really have mastered the art of being completely and utterly wrong to the point of embarrassment. Predictably, you will try echoing the same thing, but I’m in complete agreement with the scholars you claim to respect.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Scholar apostate says .......

Incorrect: Jer. 25:11 Describes a desolated land consistent with being conquered or vanquished by an invader with the deportations of its citizenry. Thus, the description is consistent with and Exile.

This is a typical way JWs get around the 70 years of desolation, they interpret words selectively to suit themselves.

They blatantly lie.

So SA what year did Nebuchadnezzar finally invaded Jerusalem and destroy the Temple there ?

What year did Nebuchadnezzar firstly overthrow Jerusalem and take controlling power over the city and its inhabitants ?

Lets wait for the answer and the lie(s)

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Scholar has been arguing for the WT's chronology on this site for years, probably decades. He rarely comments on any other topic.

And still gets it wrong and shows Cognitive Dissonance.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

One should keep in mind that JWS are trained to uphold the doctrines the WTS make loyally and faithfully even to point of lying if necessary.

Thats the reason why Scholar does what he does.

By the way the WTS never had academically trained bible scholars as presumptuously SA insists, they were at best novices trained by themselves or through the WTS itself.

F Franz was probably the closest to what you could call or identify as a scholar but he was quite inundated in lies and corruption creating doctrines for the Watchtower Corporation.

• Mufasa
    Mufasa

I'm here not as a JW but am fascinated in learning about all religions, I don't judge. Only myself... way too harshly lol.... With that said, HOLY SHIT! I started reading all your posts and realized all too quickly I'm in way over my head on this one... But couldn't stop reading (UGH) but I've given up now after I can't remember my name LMAO 🤣😆 No seriously I'll definitely revisit this again at a later date when I can at least keep up a little. Thank you ❣️

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Gibberish: The 70 years was fulfilled at the ending of the 70 years marked by the return of the Jewish Exiles in 537 BCE

No, the 70 years ends, then Babylon is called to account. This is the order objectively, clearly stated at Jer 25:12. And that fits with 2 Chronicles. The Bible need not contradict.

The servitude began with the beginning of the Exile with the Jews being deported to Babylon

The servitude was many nations to Babylon (v 10,11), and was already ongoing at the time of Jer 25 - see v18 "as they are today".

You don't even need to get into contemporary sources. A grammatical reading of the text rules out WT chronology.

..for no other theory or viewpoint makes any sense.

Except the one that allows Jer, Chronicles, and history to agree.

Babylon was already brought to account with the release of the Exiles after its Fall in 539 BCE and its eventual desolation as foretold by Jeremiah.

You concede WT chronology is incorrect. If "Babylon was already brought to account with the release of the Exiles" in 539, and Jer 25:12 states the seventy years ends before the calling to account, then the 70 years ended 539 or before. But definitely not 537.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Through historical evidence the land of Judea including Jerusalem lay desolate for only approximately 50 years, the accession over the land didn't start until the year Nebuchadnezzar took to throne after his father in 605 BCE.

605 - 70 = 535 BCE

Nebuchadnezzar's final invasion of Jerusalem including destroying the temple and taking most of the important inhabitants to Babylon was in his 19th year of rein.

605 - 19 = 586 BCE

The bible confirms this as well.

End of story....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit