Interesting Find with Chronology

by Kelley959 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

pseudo-scholar:

Did the Israelites remain captive in Babylon for 70 years as the Bible foretold? Note the comments of a leading Israeli archaeologist, Ephraim Stern. “From 604 B.C.E. to 538 B.C.E.—there is a complete gap in evidence suggesting occupation. In all that time, not a single town destroyed by the Babylonians was resettled.” The so-called gap in which there was no occupation or resettling of conquered territory corresponds closely to Israel’s exile in Babylon from 607 to 537 B.C.E.—2 Chronicles 36:20, 21.

haha. Yes, quote the bit that Watch Tower quotes (you plagiarised the whole paragraph from Awake!, June 2012, page 14), but leave out what Stern follows with:

I do not mean to imply that the country was uninhabited during the period between the Babylonian destruction and the Persian period. There were undoubtedly some settlements, but the population was very small. Many towns and villages were either completely or partly destroyed. The rest were barely functioning. International trade virtually ceased. Only two regions appear to have been spared this fate—the northern part of Judah (the region of Benjamin) and probably the land of Ammon, although the latter region awaits further investigation.
    You're so dishonest. Also, 604 to 538 exactly corresponds to Nebuchadnezzar's demand for tribute in early 604 until the Jews' return in 538.
  • scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

We're talking about the Neo-Babylonian period, not the entire Divided Monarchy. Nice try at muddying the waters. But yes, even in the broader period, where there is disagreement among scholars, my timeline (with years for Judah and Israel based only on the Bible along with Decision Table analysis where needed) is within the bounds of the various years advanced by scholars unlike Watch Tower Society gibberish which is broadly recognised as fringe nonsense

---

Your timeline covers the Divided Monarchy and is part of Bible Chronology which should not be ignored as COJ does and WT scholars have always provided such a timeline. The Decision Tables as a Methodology are from Rodger Young's research which in itself is incredulous, proving nothing in resolving the 586/587 dilemma, in short, such analysis is gibberish.

----

You can talk in circles all you like, but your 'interpretation' (really just going along with Watch Tower) of Babylon's 70 years is plainly irrational.

---

I will leave the circular reasoning to you as you are an expert in this nonsense.

Interestingly. at least one scholar has recognized that the 70 years is of those three elements that I have long argued for which are part of a thesis so we are not alone in this subject of the true nature of the 70 years.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

haha. Yes, quote the bit that Watch Tower quotes (you plagiarised the whole paragraph from Awake!, June 2012, page 14), but leave out what Stern follows with:

--

No: I am very familiar with Stern and I copied and pasted that quote quite deliberately in anticipation of your reply. So, what we now have two quotes from Stern that appear to be contradictory which is simply part of the ongoing debate between archaeologists regarding the subject 'the Myth of the Empty Land' so the problem is with Stern not with WT scholars so better to stick to what God's Word says about the state of Judah during the Exile, Don't you think?

---

You're so dishonest. Also, 604 to 538 exactly corresponds to Nebuchadnezzar's demand for tribute in early 604 until the Jews' return in 538.

---

Dishonesty not necessary but simple 'rat cunning' in dealing with apostates and WT critics

Nowhere do I find in the Bible a period of 66 years but a period of 70 years alone unless you have a Bible that has been adjusted to fit your nonsense chronology.

---

scholar JW

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

As one can see after reading the posts from this guy he's deeply steeped in intellectual dishonesty.

Lying is seen as spiritual warfare in JWLand is it not ?

He's trying to hold up the WTS doctrines with great fervor and aggression but he fails upon known and accepted facts and the availing truth.

So Scholar one last question to you, why do the JWS and other charlatan theologians such as the JWS not accept Jesus's words when he said no one knows of the time, some 500 year after the fall of ancient Jerusalem ?

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Question for 'scholar': if, as Watch Tower says, Daniel was brought to Babylon in 618 BCE and 3 years later was found by Nebuchadnezzar to be 10 times wiser than everyone else and given a position serving before the king, why was Daniel completely unknown to Nebuchadnezzar in 606 BCE when called to interpret a dream?

---

Why ask me such a question when you are such an expert so you must have an answer. The answer is simple. By the time Neb received his first dream in 606 BCE or thereabouts based on Dan 2:1, Daniel had already been in Babylon for at least 11 years having completed his three years of training becoming unlike yourself, a very wise man. As to whether he was known to Neb during that period of training and thereafter I do not know as I unlike you I am unfamiliar with the protocols of the Babylonian Court system.

----
    (Answer: Watch Tower Society chronology is nuts. In the story*, Daniel is brought to Babylon in Nebuchadnezzar's first year and interprets the dream the following year during the training period, and then at the end of training all of the trainees are brought before Nebuchadnezzar for final assessment.)

--

This is nuts. You need to do more research on Dan 1:1-21 and you need to discard the idea that Daniel was written four centuries after the events described in his book.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Rocketman123

So Scholar one last question to you, why do the JWS and other charlatan theologians such as the JWS not accept Jesus's words when he said no one knows of the time, some 500 year after the fall of ancient Jerusalem ?

---

What a big question you are asking of the said scholar?

Jesus was not referring to past events from His day but future events from His day!

scholar JW emeritus

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Jesus was not referring to past events from His day but future events from His day!

How do you know did you talk to him about it ?

If Jesus was watching what was all occurring and happening to the chosen ones and their prophecies guided by god's holy spirit then he would have known something to that effect. .

So then what your saying is Daniel's prophecies were full of contrived bullshit which would make the JWS interpretation to reach 1914 contrived bullshit !

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

So again if JWS are to emulate the early Christians in following Jesus's instructions in preaching His Kingdom to come , why have they set and calculated dates when Jesus admonished his true followers to do so ?.

Talk about being disloyal and opposed in an act of false prophesying which the scriptures condemn.

• scholar
    scholar

Rocketman123

Your last two posts are gibberish unworthy of any comment by me.

scholar JW

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Rocketman123

Your last two posts are gibberish unworthy of any comment by me.

scholar JW

Funny that's exactly the way I feel about your posts, full of twisted misrepresentations of the facts.

Your juggling act can not be unnoticed but we expected that from you.

Nevertheless I welcome you coming here supporting the WTS doctrines, this way people can see how absurd and dishonest they are and how dishonest one has to be to uphold them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit