Interesting Find with Chronology

by Kelley959 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kelley959
    Kelley959

I hope this is in the right area. I've been studying the 2520 days/years 607/587/586 debacle. For a while now I have felt 1914 was wrong. I starting thinking it in 1995 when the generation teaching was changed. I was doing some interesting number crunching today. I hope you can follow me on this and why I got chills when I saw this.

The Jewish Calendar has 12 months at 30 days, so 360 days a year. But every 19 year cycle (cycle is important in this), there are seven extra months added, so seven years have a "leap month" for lack of a better terminology. So take 360 days times 19 years gives you 6,840 days, plus add another 210 days to give you 7,050 days per cycle.

So that means in 2,520 years there are 132.631 cycles or periods.

So take your 6,840 and multiply it by 132.631 and you get 907,196 days.

Take your 210 days from your extra months per 19 years and get 27,852/27,853. (Right in the middle for rounding up or down.

So 907,196 plus 27,853 give you 935,049 days between the fall of Jerusalem and the end of the Gentile times, Jesus throws Satan out of heaven.

Go to this website and start putting in dates. http://www.easysurf.cc/ndate7.htm

I started with October 1, 1914 and subtracted 935,049. it came up with Monday, September 9, 647. Nothing of significance.

I went to October 1, 1934 and subtracted 935,049. Friday, September 9, 627. Oh well. (Figured for 20 years off.)

Then for fun, I put in October 1, 1975 and subtracted 935,049. WOAH! Sunday, September 9, 586!

I thought that Fred Franz at one point told a group in a special program, "Something happened in 1975, but we're not telling."

If 607 is wrong, 587/86 is indeed correct, something did happen in 1975. I hope the chronology would be corrected. Of course a house of cards would crumble but it's better to be correct than stubborn.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hmmm..

But if you are right, how come Jesus couldn't figure this out?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Of course 607BCE is wrong. The whole 2520 years thing is TOTAL NONSENSE too of course. The "seven times" in Daniel 4 were fulfilled, came to an end, in that Chapter !

You have to use some incredible mental gymnastics verging on the insane to extrapolate anything further.

The Book of Daniel is basically a bit of a scam anyway, it pretends to have been written in the 6th Century B.C.E but was written toward the middle of the 2nd Century B.C.E being completed in 164BCE, so even the Seven Times were not a Prophecy ! they were talking about an event from Centuries before the writer's time and work.

His little book is a thinly veiled attack on Antiochus Epiphanes 1V, the writer has an attempt to predict the death of nasty old Antiochus, being unaware that it had already occurred when he wrote, and that he got the details wrong.

A failure as far as prediction and prophecy goes, but maybe it did its job Politically at the time ??

This is a good little thing to remember : No 607 = No 1914 = Today's Governing Body are self appointed Charlatans.

• waton
    waton
    But if you are right, how come Jesus couldn't figure this out?

V: because he said,: understanding of time and seasons are under the father's jurisdiction. He was careful too, never to put anything down in writing. we know of course he could at least read.

Kelly 959: impressive, fine tuned numerology! really. . lining up different scales is bound to have some lines align.

• hoser
    hoser

Umm. Russel came up with 1914 because someone measured how many inches some passages were in the pyramids. Then the numbers didn’t work so he said the inches were wrong so they made up pyramid inches as a measure. There were still enough suckers around to believe this bullshit.

Rutherford/franz noor got into the 607 bullshit so that the times time and half a time would work out to the 1914 date. People still believed in it. I believed in it.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Kelly: You could be the next Fred Franz. The WT needs that right now. They need someone to spin together an incredible conspiratorial web, leading them into the next growth spurt.

• hoser
    hoser

Could you sue the watchtower for plagiarism if they lifted it from an apostate web site?

• scholar
    scholar

Hi Kelly

Your methodology for the attempt to expose the calculation of 1914 CE and the 607/586/587 debacle is inapplicable. Celebrated WT scholars in WT publications have shown the difference between calender years such as the Julian and Gregorian and a 'prophetic year' used in the Bible of 360 days of 12 months of 30 days each.. Refer to All Scripture Is Inspired Of God And Beneficial, 1963, 1990, p.282, pars. 22,23.

scholar JW emeritus

• scholar
    scholar

Phizzy

The Book of Daniel is basically a bit of a scam anyway, it pretends to have been written in the 6th Century B.C.E but was written toward the middle of the 2nd Century B.C.E being completed in 164BCE, so even the Seven Times were not a Prophecy ! they were talking about an event from Centuries before the writer's time and work.

--

Nonsense!! there is simply no historical or linguistic evidence for this statement which has become known in the scholarly literature as the Maccabean Thesis. There is compelling evidence as presented in our publications and other scholarly publications refuting this nonsense. Daniel was a book of the sixth century as found in the Dead Sea Scrolls dated long before the time of the Maccabees as an example.

Rolf Furuli has written extensively on this subject in his recent scholarship published as When Was The Book Of Daniel Written? A Philological, Linguistic, And Historical Approach, 2017, Awatu Publishers, 331 pages.

scholar JW emeritus

• Simon
    Simon

Like all numerologists before you, you started with the answer you wanted and then dicked about with math until you got the start point you wanted.

You may have convinced yourself of something along the way.

If you do a little research you can create unlimited number of patterns and amazing pointers from all manner of events, dates and books.

It's just math.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit