Interesting Find with Chronology

by Kelley959 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The WTS heads wanted something significant to sell about 1914 as in the return of Christ so they lied and spun numbers creating dates which weren't accurate and honest thinking the common laymen wouldn't examine closely to what they had done, they were partially correct about that to a certain extent.

They were in fact corrupt devious religious charlatans , they still are.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

How many JW's know that some of their beliefs come from pagan pyramids? Like Jesus invisible return in 1914.

Bible Student Archives - Pyramid

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Reminds me of the conversation I had with a JW elder. He was telling me about all his study projects, trying to apply numerology (of course he didn't use that word) to try to figure out when the "end" would come. He went into great detail about this number of years counting from such and such date, and this implies that which, when you consider what Artaxerxes told his cupbearer, the "end" must come between November and January, now we just need to figure out the year....

I simply asked him "so how have your calculations panned out so far?"

I just got a dirty scowl and a change of topic.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

no need complex calculation

Just look units

-607 is solar year of 365.25 days

2520 was given in prophetic year of 360 days

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1984241?q=2520++360&p=doc

A Day for a Year
    How do we know that the “seven times” are 2,520 years? The calculations are made in a way similar to those made by the Watch Tower Society’s first president, C. T. Russell, in 1877 and recorded in the book he coauthored entitled The Three Worlds. This is how it is done: In Revelation chapter 12, verses 6 and 14, we learn that 1,260 days are equal to “a time [that is, 1 time] and times [that is, 2 times] and half a time,” or a total of 3 1⁄2 times. So “a time” would be equal to 360 days. “Seven times” would be 360 multiplied by 7, or 2,520 days. Now if we count a day for a year, according to a Bible rule, the “seven times” equal 2,520 years. (Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6) Therefore, the duration of the “seven times,” the Gentile Times, is from 607 B.C.E. to 1914 C.E.

You rise an error if you add nautic miles and miles ... the same here

when JW calculates 1914 in solar year they make an error of units

they don't convert prophetic year or solar year ...

-607 solar year + 2520 prophetic year != 1914 solar year

as

2 nautic mile + 2 miles != 4 miles

Best Regards

• St George of England
    St George of England

In September 1752 we (UK and US) changed from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar. We effectively "lost" 11 days. Do your calculations take this into account?

George

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Kelley959:

The Jewish Calendar has 12 months at 30 days, so 360 days a year.

No, they didn't. The Jewish calendar, based on the Babylonian calendar, did not actually have 360 days per year. That is just a simplification. They had 353, 354 or 355 days in a common year or 383, 384 or 385 days in years with an additional month.

But every 19 year cycle (cycle is important in this), there are seven extra months added, so seven years have a "leap month" for lack of a better terminology.

The regular Metonic cycle was only adopted about 100 years after the Neo-Babylonian period. During the Neo-Babylonian period, the additional month was ad hoc based on astronomical observations.

So take 360 days times 19 years gives you 6,840 days, plus add another 210 days to give you 7,050 days per cycle.

No. Just, no.

Then for fun, I put in October 1, 1975 and subtracted 935,049. WOAH! Sunday, September 9, 586!

I thought that Fred Franz at one point told a group in a special program, "Something happened in 1975, but we're not telling."

Not only is your approach not valid, but Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 BCE, not 586.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholar:

Your methodology for the attempt to expose the calculation of 1914 CE and the 607/586/587 debacle is inapplicable. Celebrated WT scholars in WT publications have shown the difference between calender years such as the Julian and Gregorian and a 'prophetic year' used in the Bible of 360 days of 12 months of 30 days each.. Refer to All Scripture Is Inspired Of God And beneficial, 1963, 1990, p.282, pars. 22,23.

🤦‍♂️ Kelley959's method (not 'methodology') is indeed invalid, as is yours. The 'explanation' in All Scripture is also wrong, since Babylon didn't actually have a 360 day year. It is just a simplification.

scholar JW emeritus

You misspelled 'meritless'.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Not only is your approach not valid, but Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 BCE, not 586.

--------------

This is your opinion and the majority of scholars argue 586 BCE rather than 587 but Bible Chronology proves 607 BCE as the only possible date.

-------------
    The 'explanation' in All Scripture is also wrong since Babylon didn't actually have a 360 day year. It is just a simplification

------------

A 'prophetic year' as discussed in the referred publication has nothing to do Babylon or its associated calendar. The explanation deals with the biblical use of 'year' in connection with prophecy.

scholar JW emeritus

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Kelley959's method (not 'methodology')

------

Incorrect! I recommend the use of a dictionary in discerning the difference between 'method' and 'methodology. In this case, the use of the term methodology can be applied

scholar JW 'emeritus'.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Now that I have got you to focus on the use of the term 'methodology' perhaps you can turn your attention as did Rodger Young in the early 2000's in attempting to solve the problem of 586 or 587 as you positively assert that 587 is the correct date.

scholar JW emeritus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit