Interesting Find with Chronology

by Kelley959 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

No, especially in the case of JW beliefs, that's the disease, not the cure.

--

Whatever it remains an object of criticism and study hence your obsession.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

In your analogy, people who endorse JW chronology are more like anti-vaxxers.

Accepting JW chronology in the face of evidence to the contrary is not only detrimental in itself but also increases propensity for accepting other irrational ideas.

--

Sadly for you, there is no compelling evidence for refuting our Chronology but simply an array of different interpretations and methodologies hence the dispute and your obsession with the subject-WT Chronology.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Hahaha 🤣 JW chronology is well and truly refuted. I provide information for people who have been subject to JW propaganda whose access to other information is often limited. In the broader community, JW chronology is an irrelevance and is not considered remotely plausible by any independent historian or scholar.
  • scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Hahaha 🤣 JW chronology is well and truly refuted. I provide information for people who have been subject to JW propaganda whose access to other information is often limited. In the broader community, JW chronology is an irrelevance and is not considered remotely plausible by any independent historian or scholar.

--

Ha Ha. We must be doing something right because so many websites have been developed with many scholarships in order to refute our Chronology which like your good self amounts to an obsession. Perhaps many people detect a 'ring of truth'.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Scholar:

We must be doing something right because so many websites have been developed with many scholarships in order to refute our Chronology which like your good self amounts to an obsession. Perhaps many people detect a 'ring of truth'.

People respond to JW chronology (and other JW-related issues) because JW beliefs are incorrect and result in harm, not because you’re ‘doing something right’ - that’s just your persecution complex.

It doesn’t actually take that much of my time but the fact that you think it’s an obsession suggests you feel threatened.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

People respond to JW chronology (and other JW-related issues) because JW beliefs are incorrect and result in harm, not because you’re ‘doing something right’ - that’s just your persecution complex.

---

Did not Jesus say that his disciples would be persecuted so it cannot be a complex? People respond to our teachings including our wondrous Chronology because they believe these to be true and correct.

---
    It doesn’t actually take that much of my time but the fact that you think it’s an obsession suggests you feel threatened.

---

Hardly so because both of us are obsessed with Chronology.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholar:

Did not Jesus say that his disciples would be persecuted so it cannot be a complex? People respond to our teachings including our wondrous Chronology because they believe these to be true and correct.

This is just the kind of fallacious 'reasoning' I was referring to when I said that believing JW chronology also makes people susceptible to other irrational thinking. Aside from the fact that there is no way to confirm any statement attributed to Jesus decades after his death, members of any Christian denomination could make the same claim in the face of any opposition.

Hardly so because both of us are obsessed with Chronology.

Your own obsession with JW chronology, always on the back foot with unconvincing apologetics, also suggests you feel threatened. On the other hand, I simply provide people with information objectively refuting JW chronology in a free and accessible format. Unlike you, I fear neither refutation nor superstitious end-times scenarios for deviating from any particular view.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

This is just the kind of fallacious 'reasoning' I was referring to when I said that believing JW chronology also makes people susceptible to other irrational thinking. Aside from the fact that there is no way to confirm any statement attributed to Jesus decades after his death, members of any Christian denomination could make the same claim in the face of any opposition.

--

Jesus made that statement and I cannot change or revise it and the Witnesses worldwide have been are being persecuted for their faith. As a matter of fact.

---

Your own obsession with JW chronology, always on the back foot with unconvincing apologetics, also suggests you feel threatened. On the other hand, I simply provide people with information objectively refuting JW chronology in a free and accessible format. Unlike you, I fear neither refutation nor superstitious end-times scenarios for deviating from any particular view.

---

Hardly. I have never been threatened win discussions of Chronology as it is simply 'grist to the mill' with no hint of being intimidated. The only information you provide is a rehash of COJ, some pretty charts with no original ideas or research merely limping on the back of scholar who most likely because of his posts on this forum decades ago introduced you to this subject of Chronology. If it were not for scholar your scribblings would not exist.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    scholar:
    Jesus made that statement

There is no way of proving that claim.

the Witnesses worldwide have been are being persecuted for their faith. As a matter of fact.

Lots of people and groups are persecuted around the world for their religious beliefs. Singling out persecution of members of your preferred group as some indication of 'approval by Jesus' is entirely irrational.

Hardly. I have never been threatened win discussions of Chronology as it is simply 'grist to the mill' with no hint of being intimidated. The only information you provide is a rehash of COJ, some pretty charts with no original ideas or research merely limping on the back of scholar who most likely because of his posts on this forum decades ago introduced you to this subject of Chronology. If it were not for scholar your scribblings would not exist.

There you go again claiming I've copied someone else's work, dismissing my work as 'pretty charts' without research, all signs confirming that you feel threatened. You then try to claim credit by imagining that I've provided information merely as a result of your posts, which is also wrong (I would give some credit to former posters on here like AnnOMaly, Leolaia and Alan Feuerbacher for encouraging deeper research though). In fact, I wasn't even aware of this forum when I first posted information online (some of which was copied by JWFacts) - you can readily verify the year 2004 in the footer of my timeline and my first post on this forum in 2005. So yet again, you are shown to be wrong. 🤣

The fact remains that JW chronology is objectively incorrect.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The fact remains that JW chronology is objectively incorrect.

Yes quite true, the reason why it is incorrect is because the men running the WTS needed or wanted 1914 as a base for their created religious publishing house.

After they poo poo Pyramidology they still thought they could retain something significant about 1914, so they created their special chronological dating system.

They convincingly gave Jesus the finger and went ahead setting a date/time even though Jesus admonished his followers to set a time upon god's own sacred time.

The reason why Scholar comes here to defend this dating system is because he knows the entire JWS religion has its foundation upon the year 1914.

Hence his intellectual dishonesty, his inherent corruption and scriptural apostasy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit