Jehovah's Witnesses Are Under Mind Control

by minimus 207 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I tell ya I did find some very interesting sites under key word mind control . I immediately took a liking to disinformation.com . It seems mind control is a common phenomena not only in religion but politics . Some sites have ongoing dabates as to exactly what mind control is . There is way more information than anyone could post on this board . I am certainly no expert on the subject but I am still convinced that people are very susceptible to persuasive techniques that include intimidation ,delusional reasoning and manipulation when it's done with the belief that they are following a higher power . I think I hurt my brain on that one . ugghhh

• minimus
    minimus

Mr. L likes to ask more questions than minimus yet never answers the ones put to him.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Example.......You cannot divorce your abusive mate or you will be displeasing to God. You cannot expose him either or you bring reproach on God's name. Victimization of the Victim.

• simplesally
    simplesally

What about you are going to die and your children are going to be fodder for Satan if you leave the organization??????? Talk about abuse.

• minimus
    minimus

None of those good examples mean anything to an "unbeliever".

• undercover
    undercover
    people are very susceptible to persuasive techniques that include intimidation ,delusional reasoning and manipulation when it's done with the belief that they are following a higher power .

Yes, I think that's true too.

If you don't like the name "mind control", fine, don't use it. But you have to agree that persuasive techniques, intimidation, delusional reasoning and manipulation happens, whether it's JWs, Mormons, Republicans, Democrats or the ad campaign for McDonald's. People with weak minds or are susceptible to being manipulated or maybe just let their guard down, fall for it. Why else would anyone eat a Mcdonald's cheeseburger??

Seriously though, many want a better life or a better religion or whatever, and when someone comes along and tells them they can have it, they want to believe. After a little persuaviness and manipulation, you have a convert to whatever cause was being pushed. Not everyone will fall for it. But apparently enough will fall for some of these enough to make it profitable for the leaders of these schemes to keep doing it.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    If Jehovah created the mind and the concept of free will, why is it evil to use them?

Very good question reporter!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

JW's are like any of us humans. They live a "social" life. Every member of every group-living society on earth contains a hierarchy. And there are penalties to not conforming to the group. If, for whatever reason, a person or animal does not conform to the mores of the group around him, he is demoted or "shunned." Pretty straightforward. Remember the mentally challenged kids in school? Don't tell me that you never heard some mocking talk about them.

That is how Society is controlled, through shunning. Whether it's "mind-control" or whatever doesn't really matter. What really matters is the effects it has on Society. It serves to perpetuate hatred, which is not at all Christ-like and should be shunned in and of itself.

People are free willed. If they choose to participate in a scam, then that's their own choice, and they should take responsibility for that. The only people that should be blameless are the children. Only they are under duress. They have *no* choice. For they need to clothed and fed by the ones that bore them.

CG

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jean Vanier in his book, Becoming Human, describes the need for community and the need for individuality as both necessary, but conflicting. To cater to the need for individuality above all else is to risk isolation and anarchy. A community, though welcoming and supportive, can be abusive if it suppresses all individuality in order to maintain the community.

Jean Vanier advocates loose, welcoming communities that continue to allow change and new ideas, and allow individuals to express themselves.

I see some of those same dynamics here. As the JWD becomes more established and defined, we tend to be more protective of the elements of this community that we enjoy. The flip side of this warm community, is that we tend to be hostile to those who we consider a threat to JWD. It will take honest self-reflection to recognize that uglier side of community, and to resist joining the band wagon of accusation when a newcomer does not fit our mold. That said, the very nature of a discussion board fosters a loose style that encourages individuality.

Of course Jehovah's Witnesses are under mind control. The suppression of individuality in the WTS is extreme and abusive.

• Mr Lebowski
    Mr Lebowski

1) yes, many arguments have been put forward (keeping up with the discussion on a 14.4 connection in a coffee shop in the sticks made for poor reading and worse composition...got back today, will respond tomorrow).

2) I am NOT criticizing any of the arguments. Yes, I unfortunately chose to lower myself in my communication...on a thread where many good arguments have been advanced, which I value and respect. To all who have advanced well-structured arguments or asked honest questions, I apologize for lowering the level of discussion.

3) This apology doesn't apply to minimus, because so far he doesn't fit in those categories...and I could have pointed that out in a more effective manner. Min, sorry that I chose being a smartass over making a difference.

Min, many on this board, regardless of their position, are genuinely trying to share reasoning and understand other peoples' opinions. I don't get that that's what you're doing... and that's what I should have pointed out.

Righteousness is righteousness...regardless of where we are standing.

Jgnat, thanks for holding me to a high standard, I appreciate it. I will respond as soon as I get unpacked and such.

Peace and pastry,

El Duderino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit