JW and the Sabbath

by Andromeda 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I find it amusing that those of us that have researched the subjects in the bible like the great flood and have read what archeologists and other scientists have to say are considered by you as being children. But that's ok because children are much more open minded and willing to learn the old people.

Just a heads up if you want to stay on point like your opening post about the sabbath you need to just mention points related to the subject only otherwise the thread will go all to hell.

Another piont about blood the last part of Leviticus chapter 17 says that if a man find an animal already dead he can eat it blood included and only become unclean until the evening. So one can have a transfusion and then take a shower and he will be fine in gods eyes. But if you still disagree with what the bible really says and agree with the jws the explain how it's ok in gods eyes to have a blood transfusion using cows blood , because that permissible by the jws?

• garyneal
    garyneal

Andromeda

I can appreciate your position in regards to your faith but I cannot help but to think that it will only get increasingly difficult for you to stomach the meetings. According to your personal testimony:

I'm a JW but by no means I am blinded by their mistakes. I do, however, agree with their bible teachings as far as some doctrines. In fact I agree with most of them. But at the end of the day I don't seek approval by a religious organization but by Jehovah himself. He is the source of life and salvation. I am a JW but by no means I will follow them blindly. It is just a place for me to have a connection with people who believe in God and have akin beliefs. I follow the bible first and foremost. Is the JW God's organization? The bible is clear "the WHOLE world lies under the power of Satan" the whole world. No where in there it says "except Jehovah's witnesses"

What I see eventually happening is that you will find that you will always have to put on some mask when you are at the kingdom hall. Witnesses will no doubt say something that you will not totally agree with at some point. The speaker will preach something that you disagree with and you will find it difficult to answer some of the questions during the WT study honestly.

I recall finding myself in a similar predicament when I really began to try to run away from my doubts while still attending church. I remember some Christians making comments that I did not fully agree with anymore. I remember finding it increasingly difficult to teach Sunday school as I was no longer sure about what I was teaching.

When I finally left the church and began fully examining what I believed, why I believed it, and began following the evidence I was finally free to be my authentic self for the first time.

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    If you have doubts do your own reasearch. I won't bend to the reasoning of godless people.

Then why do you care about what they have to say about the sabbath??

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Andromeda-" If you have doubts do your own reasearch. I won't bend to the reasoning of godless people.

Interesting... so you'd rather stick to the lack of reasoning of god fearing people?

Andromeda-" I don't believe a lot of the stuff they do. Honestly I think at the end this is a personal walk. It won't really matterrible if one is a JW or not. At the end the judgement is coming from Jehovah. So I will do my best to learn and do what I can and what's within my abilities to do, to follow in Jesus's way.

Paul Simon-"All lies and jests

Still a man hears what he wants to hear

And disregards the rest"

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Scully:

I recommend there articles on the subject of romans 14: 5, 6

http://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/10-commandments/sabbath/romans-14-sabbath/

http://www.sabbathintersections.com/romans145.shtml

http://www.logosapostolic.org/bible_study/RP208-4Romans14-5.htm

There are quiet a lot of scholars commentaries on this as well. And a while back I watched a very interesting documentary which is why this even got into my head.

Flood proofs

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/evidence-for-a-flood-102813115/

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm

I would also suggest doing more reasearchours if you are at all interested. Also I strongly recommend anyone to learn about the Jesuits and the control they have on various levelse of our lives, including education and what we are purposely being kept away from. Like a lot of biblical evidence that we are restricted from and when someone takes an individual decision to study these places, some mainstream archeologists (oddly enough connected to some secret society) comes out and ridicules that "lowly" "inexperienced" "ignorant" archeologist or scientist. Just saying because our lives are in peril whether you belive in God or not. These demon possessed people do not care and we are all going to get it. But that's another subject.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Andromeda-" Flood proofs"

Yes... just not 'bible flood' proofs:-

Quote from your first link:-

"The scientific version of Noah's flood actually starts long before that, back during the last great glaciation some 20,000 years ago."

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Also I strongly recommend anyone to learn about the Jesuits and the control they have on various levelse of our lives, including education and what we are purposely being kept away from. Like a lot of biblical evidence that we are restricted from and when someone takes an individual decision to study these places, some mainstream archeologists (oddly enough connected to some secret society) comes out and ridicules that "lowly" "inexperienced" "ignorant" archeologist or scientist. Just saying because our lives are in peril whether you belive in God or not. These demon possessed people do not care and we are all going to get it. But that's another subject

So much for just staying on topic, huh?

It does sound like a fascinating subject though, maybe start another thread entitled, "The demon possessed Jesuists, will anyone survive"....or something along those lines.

I wish you the best in the godless, demon possessed world, watch out for those heavy rains.'

• Landy
    Landy
    I would also suggest doing more reasearchours if you are at all interested. Also I strongly recommend anyone to learn about the Jesuits and the control they have on various levelse of our lives, including education and what we are purposely being kept away from. Like a lot of biblical evidence that we are restricted from and when someone takes an individual decision to study these places, some mainstream archeologists (oddly enough connected to some secret society) comes out and ridicules that "lowly" "inexperienced" "ignorant" archeologist or scientist. Just saying because our lives are in peril whether you belive in God or not. These demon possessed people do not care and we are all going to get it. But that's another subject.

And these people walk among us folks.

• Scully
    Scully

Thanks, Andromeda - I was under the impression that you wanted to keep the discussion on-topic, so I'll just try to clarify what I said earlier.

You are clearly aware that the average JW, unlike yourself, has a very limited depth of biblical understanding, due in large part to the WT having discouraged deep bible study in favour of its own sad-excuse-for-biblical-scholarship publications.

My point is this: if you were to have your average JW look at Romans 14:5, they would be confounded, because on face value it places the onus on the *individual* as to the observance of one day over another. Your deeper understanding is way over their heads, and would be irrelevant to them.

When you know your "frenemy" and the thought processes they employ, you can confound them using their own logic.

fwiw, I am an atheist and have been for almost 20 years. But when I talk to my JW relatives, my ability to use their own "sword" against them has been very useful.

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

I only brought the subject because of the flood which was brought up by someone else. Keep laughing and remain ignorant. You have no idea who your dealing with. These people are unscrupulous but whatever is your choice.

And Also I shared 2 different sites and I clearly said do more research if you want. Our dating methods are not accurate. But whatever godless people will only look for other godless people to confirm there is no God. Even if there was no evidence from man I would still believe God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit