JW and the Sabbath

by Andromeda 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Landy
    Landy
    I don't think you understand anything I've said. I will NOT ACCEPT ANY BLOOD. THANK YOU NOW LEAVE ME ALONE

you're the one who came on here spouting your nonsense. You didn't have to. Don't be surprised when you get challenged on it.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering anyway, you're just trolling.

• Sevan
    Sevan

2 1/2 years ago, I was sitting in San Francisco General Hospital watching my sister nearly bleed out from a gun shot wound. She was an innocent bystander of a gang shoot out. As they gave her bag after bag of blood as she tenuously hung on to life, I remember praying to Jehovah that she would live and being deeply thankful at that moment that she was not a Jehovah's Witness.

That was one of the events that contributed to my waking up. I just didn't realize how devastating the no blood doctrine was until I faced it myself.

And if anyone needs to know, she is doing very well now and has her whole life ahead of her thanks to those blood transfusions.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    In Genesis 9 Noah receives a covenant from the Lord. Part of the covenant removed the prior restrictions against eating meat, allowing Noah and his family to kill animals for food. However, the allowance came with this proviso: “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it” (verse 4).
    One reason God prohibited the consumption of animal blood in the Old Testament was to teach respect for the sacredness of life.”
    http://www.gotquestions.org/eating-meat-with-blood.html

I am going to interrupt this trite narrative of the conventional understanding of this covenant by suggesting there is something more important to consider and that is the god of Genesis is a mass murderer!

If, as the story goes, you weren’t in the Ark you were toast. And that included every animal in existence. Now their blood is sacred!
    What about the unborn and their mother? Babies and their mothers, toddlers and their family, children of all ages, young men and women, the middle aged and the old? Why in the world do we accept a covenant from a god that had just committed mass murderer!

A Sabbath from a mass murderer!

At the heart of any debate is the nature of the one we call God, Lord, Father and of course Jehovah.

It gets worse because according to the teachings of the WTBTS Jehovah is a serial mass murderer. He's going to do it all over again at Armageddon.

So as far as I am concerned not getting a life saving blood transfusion or honoring a Sabbath does not rise to the level of crimes committed by one’s god.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Hi Andromeda, I can't help but notice from the following quotes you have a thing about Jesuits, and Opus Dei:

Andromeda - I suppose no one here is aware of the Jesuits and their agenda.
    Andromeda - Which is why I even mentioned the Jesuits at all because whether anyone wants to believe or not that our education and information is filtered by their (opus deis) people under them, it is what they do.
    Andromeda - Like I said I google the Jesuits you may be mind blown to find out that what you think you know might not be even the truth.
    Andromeda - And no I won't elaborate on the Jesuits.

Leaving aside the obvious point that Opus Dei has no connection to the Jesuits, can you please let us know what the "agenda" is? I am Jesuit educated, but I have no clue what you are talking about. (I probably was not paying attention in class when we were taught world domination, etc.)

I get the impression that you are dying to tell us the "agenda". And given the current Pope is a Jesuit, well, I think it is more important than ever that the nefarious schemes of the evil Jesuits be laid out for all to see. Please tell us more!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Hey Andromeda, dont be "standoffishly". In your kind you are unique. Dont give up. We cannot look in your heart. I can understand your standpoint is a very personal.

The only family member that ever needed blood, died from it. I would never accept blood by someone else jw or not.
  • Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    babygirl-" Someone lays out all their ideas on a topic about a doctrine, they claim to have 'authority' to know the background of said doctrine, and once their expertise/authority is QUESTIONED - they immediately get defensive, yet never provide any proof or specifics of their 'authority', and then finally sum the whole conversation by calling the questioner childish or stupid - and lastly demand to be 'left alone'."

The standard reaction of anyone who hasn't got the answers to what they are being challenged over or the intellectual capacity to cope with debate.... in fact no fun at all...

Most disappointing. If you are going to troll you could at least put a bit of sport into it...

• Landy
    Landy
    Most disappointing. If you are going to troll you could at least put a bit of sport into it...

Exactly, 4/10 at best.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Leaving aside the obvious point that Opus Dei has no connection to the Jesuits.....sheperdless

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Opus Dei, formally known as The Prelature of the Holy Cross and Opus Dei (Latin: Praelatura Sanctae Crucis et Operis Dei), is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church that teaches that everyone is called to holiness and that ordinary life is a path to sanctity

I think I know where Andromeda went to school..

Image result for  watchtower logo

Image result for Clown School

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear TheWonderofYou...

you said, "The law of Sinai was for Israel and Sabbat wassign of the coventant between God and Israel, AND NEVERa sign between God and the nations. God instituted the seventh-day system, not for everybody in the world. In fact, specifically it says for Israel. Verse 17, “A sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever.”...

the wall between jew and gentile has been taken away in Christ(ephesians 2:14)...scripture says there is neither jew nor greek/gentile in Christ but there IS one "israel"...galatians 3:28.

So, scripture seems to indicate that sabbath observance is actually a sign that one IS an "israelite" or son of God.

xo

• never a jw
    never a jw

Andromeda,

Interesting, you are a person who defers to Bible scholars, but reads the bible literally. I don't think there are many Bible scholar who believe much of Genesis is factual. I am not quite sure what you call Bible scholars, Maybe you are consulting other religious fundamentalists, not the real Bible scholars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit