JW and the Sabbath

by Andromeda 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Hello brothers and sisters and truth seekers,

I am an active Jehovah's witness. I don't believe in 1914 and I'm tototally against their way of dealing with abuse cases.

Recently I've awoken to the truth that the Sabbath is forever. It was a gift from Jehovah to man before sin ever entered.

So this is a big issue for me as this is a practice I must follow. I am really confused. Im not the only one who feels this way. I've found many other witnesses that feel the sabbath is also a commandment we should uphold to. I am convinced the sabbath is to be kept and nothing on earth can make me think otherwise. I just don't know how I can be an active member and yet observe the sabbath knowing is against what the organization teaches.

I can't look for other places because everything else I agree with them. No hell, no trinity, no holidays, no blood,etc which most other places don't follow

I appreciate all the help.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Since you don't believe in 1914 - get ready to be disfellowshipped and shunned. Hope you don't have family in.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am not sure what help you require as the Sabbath was a Jewish belief. Many Christian's honor it as a day of rest and refocusing on matters of belief.

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you . . . with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ" (Colossians 2:16-17). "And Jesus, when rebuked by the Pharisees for plucking grain from a field on the Sabbath, criticized those who made a fetish of Sabbath observance, insisting, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27).

I can't look for other places because everything else I agree with them. No hell, no trinity, no holidays, no blood,etc which most other places don't follow.

This statement would indicate to me that you have not learned 'the truth about the truth' which is simply that the WT has always gotten just about everything wrong. You mentioned No Hell and Trinity...... those non beliefs were lifted from the Adventist religions by Pastor Russell.

No blood........... well what did Jesus say about blood? Short answer.........nothing. But the WT was convinced that a transfusion was eating blood. Medically speaking it has nothing to do with eating. It is a transplant.

How about Armageddon? Jesus never mentioned it! The Society sold gullible believers that they could live through that battle or at worse be resurrected to a paradise earth (built over the bones of billions of people). Higher education? Jesus waited to get baptized until he was 30 so that he was thoroughly educated in the scriptures of his day.

Before you make the Sabbath your be all........... get educated about the WTBTS. Start with research on their huge Pedophile issue.

It was Jesus who said "Don't hinder the children....allow them to come to me." He didn't say 'oh by the way......... we have to hide sexual abuse of children from the authorities.'

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can't look for other places because everything else I agree with them. No hell, no trinity, no holidays, no blood,etc which most other places don't follow

Have You Tried This Church?..

You Can Believe What Ever You Want!..

Image result for church of beer

Image result for church of beerImage result for church of beer

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Andromeda: I am really confused

Religion has a way of doing that

Maybe you should try attending a synagogue

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Vanderhoven7 I don't go publicly screaming my stance on 1914. I haven't believed for 10 years and still going.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When you "die", as all humans eventually must, you'll have one hell of a Sabbath. Learn what you can on this planet, you might need to know something later.

Edit: What's your take on Hebrews 9:26, 27? Seems pretty clear....

BTW, Sailor Moon is H-H-HOT!!!!

DD

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Giordano that bible text has been completely misunderstood. It is talking about judging them on how they were observing the sabbaths not that they were not. Remember the pharisees had exagerated everything. I recommend reading the scholars commentaries on this.

Also the sabbath was stablished before there were any Jews and God fearing man were keeping it. This is obvious because when it came to this commandment Jehovah said REMEMBER to keep the sabbath. Matthew 24:20 is proof is was never meant to be done away with

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Mmmmm.... Maybe God should write a book that's easy to understand?? Just sayin'....

DD

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Data dog the bible is easy to understand. What makes it difficult to understand is the customs of men we've allowed in our lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit