JW and the Sabbath

by Andromeda 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    andromeda: @orphancrow I really wish to stay on the subject at hand. If you're interested in something else go create a new post.

Well...I was trying to

I thought that your comments about blood were relevant to the discussion about biblical laws/covenants concerning the Sabbath

I thought it was relevant context and I was interested in your position on blood in comparison to how you think about the Sabbath because you seem to take a literal approach to biblical understanding

If your concerns about the Sabbath are to be as accurate as possible in how you understand it...do you take the same "orthodox" approach to the blood covenant?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Andromeda, if God preserved his book throughout the ages as we're taught, why didn't he preserve the integrity of the book by including the apocryphal books?

• naazira
    naazira

Look into the seventh day Adventists. They're very similar to the witnesses and observe the sabbath. You seem very intelligent, keep coming back.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I am well aware of the powers of demons and the deception they've played on us for centuries.

Also I have no clue where you get the idea that there is no evidence of a worldwide flood

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I can't even tell now if you're trolling or just stupid.

• Scully
    Scully

The best scripture you can use to your advantage is Romans 14:5, 6:

One man judges one day as above another; another judges one day the same as all others; let each one be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day observes it to Jehovah. Also, the one who eats, eats to Jehovah, for he gives thanks to God; and the one who does not eat does not eat to Jehovah, and yet gives thanks to God.

My position would be that as long as you don't try to sway your fellow JWs to your point of view or try to impose your point of view on others, you should be safe from repercussions. How you decide to observe the Sabbath is none of their business, really, just as it's none of their business which grocery store you decide to shop at or what kind of car you drive and what brand of fuel you put in the tank.

The various factions of Judaism can't even agree on how strictly the Sabbath should be observed, and I would venture to guess that they have had thousands of years to figure this one out, but for some reason, they haven't. Just be chill, do what you like in the privacy of your home and family, and don't try to force your beliefs on others. If you do this, you will have peace in your life.

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

Thank you Scully. I am glad there are adults in this forum. I almost thought I had by mistake registered to nickelodeon. Also that verse is strictly about food. I went over many scholarly commentaries. It is not about the sabbath at all, although it is often used to throw the sabbath to the side. Thank you for your support.

naazira I don't believe a lot of the stuff they do. Honestly I think at the end this is a personal walk. It won't really matterrible if one is a JW or not. At the end the judgement is coming from Jehovah. So I will do my best to learn and do what I can and what's within my abilities to do, to follow in Jesus's way.

And for anyone arguing about this or that, I'm not interestedoing if you believe in God or not and whether you are willing to take blood or not or the flood.

If you have doubts do your own reasearch. I won't bend to the reasoning of godless people.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

God's name isn't "Jehovah." That is a word that was grammatically impossible in the ancient world.

DD

• Andromeda
    Andromeda

That's is a logical comment as it is also understanding that each language has letters of its own. Please let's use logical reasoning. Jesus, Moses and all those names are under the same predicament....

• Scully
    Scully

Andromeda:

"that verse is strictly about food"

Verse 5 clearly is about the observance of any given day and the importance it holds to the one choosing to observe it:

One man judges one day as above another; another judges one day the same as all others; let each one be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day observes it to Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit